SM-TFB Data Core Override

I posted in the General Discussion about this, but thought better and am posting here.

Do the Data Core Overrides do anything?

I get in combat when I am 30 meters or so from a Data Core between first boss and second boss,

When I Force Cloak out, I am still in combat.

The buttons cannot be clicked if you are in combat.

Any ideas?

It opens doors as far as we saw yesterday, my guess is that you can activate them, go through the doors and the cores will die or something. Not certain though, as we didnt try walking through the door because we was almost done killing the trash. But the doors open when you kill the datacores, but you can open them mid-fight by activating that button (after you use vanish to break combat).

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "doors"? I've cleared that trash probably 10 times now SM/HM, we've clicked the buttons, but never seen any doors.

Erm.. We only found it on the last trash pack before Operator IX, but basically the Data Core Override is on the far right side, next to the data core furthest in. On the opposite side, there is a closed door that opens when you kill the two datacores, however, when you hit the override button, that door opens without you having to kill the two data cores. Im not certain if it does anything beyond this, but at least something that may be of relevance :> I'll look closer next week when we're there, or if we do SM for the lulz.

• 3 weeks later...
Someone try this: bring 2 characters capable of stealthing out. Go into the first room and start combat. 1 stealth out and press the button, the rest keep going. Do the same in the second room with the other stealth. Then activate the third and 4th data cores. all 4 going at once may cause something to happen. What this leaves out is the last button. Maybe it's possible that the entire data core set of enemies can be ignored when you go into the boss area - maybe the color buttons are clickable in combat and if a full group makes it into the boss area with the 4 cores active outside, Mickey Mouse spawns and takes all the bugs out of the game. If 8 peeps survive that mess, I'd reward that. Edited by Octom

• 9 months later...