How is Rested Experience calculated?

DarthRavnos

As the title suggests...

I would like to know how rested experience is calculated?

What is the cap / maximum?

Is there a higher benefit to being in a cantina versus on your ship?

Thanks.

I've seen numbers quoted as 10% of your current required experience to level. Rested caps at 100% of the experience required to level at your current level. As long as you are in a resting area (Cantina, Fleet, or ship) you gain rested experience; none gives a bonus over the other.

I found a website that calculates how long it will take until you are fully rested.

http://swtorutils.com

It uses a default value of 10 generated rested xp per minute. It seems to be correct when you look at the results.

According to that, it's going to take 20 days to accumulate 1 full level worth of rested exp. I don't see that happening ever.

I don't think the cap of "till next level" is correct. I played my maurader for the first time in two weeks yesterday and leveled twice off rested xp. It may be different because I was below 20 but I am absolutely certain I had a green bar for 2 full levels. I had logged her off right after hitting level 12 and still had a third of a bar of green available after hitting 14.

I don't think the cap of "till next level" is correct. I played my maurader for the first time in two weeks yesterday and leveled twice off rested xp. It may be different because I was below 20 but I am absolutely certain I had a green bar for 2 full levels. I had logged her off right after hitting level 12 and still had a third of a bar of green available after hitting 14.

Quests neither benefit from nor consume rested xp; if you mouse over your xp bar, it'll show your actual rested xp

I'm level 23 and it predicted me being fully rested at a correct time (two days later). It could have been pure luck for all I know.

Perhaps they missed something. Rested xp might be generated at a different pace at different levels (increasing with level). When I mousehover over my XP bar - a new rested XP ticks up every 6 second, which would be 10 per minute.

I guess you can hover over the XP bar and find your pace of rested xp being generated and change it from 10 to whatever number it is per minute?

What is the rested XP cap? Is it "Total Xp at your current level" or is it higher? Either way, getting a new rested xp every six seconds seems correct when in a cantina anyway.

You gained a level with regular XP and a level with rested XP. Had you not had the rested xp you would have only leveled once.

Quests neither benefit from nor consume rested xp; if you mouse over your xp bar, it'll show your actual rested xp

Correct, also explains why you still had green xp into level 14.

I found a website that calculates how long it will take until you are fully rested.

http://swtorutils.com

It uses a default value of 10 generated rested xp per minute. It seems to be correct when you look at the results.

You gain more than 10 rested xp per minute. Its more like you gain 1 rested xp per 1.5 seconds. (No math done, just taking an educated guess) It may be as others said, level dependent.

At level 41, my Sage maxed out rested xp at around 330k, which was the same amount it would have taken me to level up from 0.

You gain more than 10 rested xp per minute. Its more like you gain 1 rested xp per 1.5 seconds. (No math done, just taking an educated guess) It may be as others said, level dependent.

It is level dependent. In a rest area, it takes a bit between ticks for a low level character. A high level character sees the xp build up much faster.

That said, I don't know if the time to max out rest xp, the rate as a percentage of level differs. After a day, a level 10 and a level 30 could well have the same percent of a level of rested xp gained.

You are absolutely right guys. The rested XP gained per minutes is connected to you level. My own notes of rested XP gained per minute is already off. I noted one new rested XP every six seconds. Four levels later it is five seconds between every new rested XP, not six.

:)

They seem to have updated that site as well. The textbox for xp/minute has been removed.

• 5 months later...

Depend the level, lower level seems slower cos' you need less xp per level to up, the rest seems to be % bsaed. its 0.01% per minute or 0.6%/hour and 14.4% per day.

But in the beginin, you cant notice cos 0.01% of 1000 xp do not show in the first tick. Cos you're reciving like 0.5 xp, but you gain each 5 seconds. 0.0008% each 5 seconds.

It's garbage system.

• 1 year later...