Lv 20 Merc Arsenal

Kourage

I'm supposed to spam Tracer Missile I guess. Hit rail shot when up. Other than that, don't really know. Missile Blast I like for the aoe and knockdown on groups of weaklings. Electro Dart, good stun on elites, especially healers. Explosive Dart, should be good damage It's instant so why not use it? I've got this Fusion Missile thing I thought would be good, but seems like a waste. I find myself using Unload when a mob is close to dead. Sweeping Blasters? Not finding it all that useful, but use it occasionally and situationaly.

Stuff I'm not really using, Rocket Punch, Flame Thrower, Power Shot, Rapid Shots (only if overheated),

I'm running out of places to put abilities and hotkeys and not to sure about priorities.

A lil help please.

Edited by Kourage

Lvl 21 Merc/Arsenal here.

I really like using Rocket Punch & Flamethrower whenever I get into melee, followed by Jet Boost. FT is particularly nice when I'm swarmed by several melee mobs, since I can hit them all.

If available, I will use Death from Above or Sweeping Blasters, to initially aggro a trash mob. If I'm lucky, 1 or 2 will go down immediately.

For other mobs, especially if there's a stronger guy in the group, I'll often open with Fusion Missile, immediately followed by Explosive Dart, before I start spamming Tracer Missile.

Sweeping Blasters is also really nice in PVP. There's no min-range and max-range is quite far, so if there's a bunch of guys nearby, they'll all get a beating.

Read several. Not going to try & follow the responses in 5 or more different threads when I can make my own single thread for help.

Moving Power shot off my main bar. Maybe that's something more for Instances.

Edited by Kourage

Read several. Not going to try & follow the responses in 5 or more different threads when I can make my own single thread for help.

This is how those 5 or more different threads happened. 5 or more other people that think just like you.

It would help everyone if we try to keep these forums free of noise.

Moving Power shot off my main bar. Maybe that's something more for Instances.

Are you under the impression that we have some sort of incentive for answering the same question in 5 different threads? If you are, that would be an incorrect assumption on your part. Take some time, stop being lazy, and read the 5 other threads on the front page about combat rotations.

I'm supposed to spam Tracer Missie I guess. Hit rail shot when up. Other than that, don't really know. Missile Blast I like for the aoe and knockdown on groups of weaklings. Electro Dart, good stun on elites, especially healers. Explosive Dart, should be good damage It's instant so why not use it? I've got this Fusion Missile thing I thought would be good, but seems like a waste. I find myself using Unload when a mob is close to dead. Sweeping Blasters? Not finding it all that useful, but use it occasionally and situationaly.

Stuff I'm not really using, Rocket Punch, Flame Thrower, Power Shot, Rapid Shots (only if overheated),

I'm running out of places to put abilities and hotkeys and not to sure about priorities.

A lil help please.

Thank you for posting the exact topic I came here to post. :)

This is how those 5 or more different threads happened. 5 or more other people that think just like you.

It would help everyone if we try to keep these forums free of noise.

Ironically by contributing no information here and berating the poster.

Ironically by contributing no information here and berating the poster.

Because the information is already present in multiple threads currently on the front page. Do you suggest we copy/paste answers into every thread created by someone too lazy to at least read through the front page? Or do you suggest we take the time to write out a new response to everyone who asks the same question? What exactly is your suggestion?

Because the information is already present in multiple threads currently on the front page. Do you suggest we copy/paste answers into every thread created by someone too lazy to at least read through the front page? Or do you suggest we take the time to write out a new response to everyone who asks the same question? What exactly is your suggestion?

Are you too lazy to answer the questions or link to an answer? If so, don't reply. But thanks for the bump!

I have already read 2 so called guides and several question threads from others. I don't have time to waste reading questions and answers that do not pertain to me. There are people who enjoy helping who may have discovered the information I'm looking for already. I'm in no rush, I can continue to level hitting random abilities that may or may not be the best options until I can understand.

Your core ability will be tracer missile, it basically replaces power shot.

Typically, you want to always have 5 stacks of tracer lock.

Explosive dart should be used whenever it's up (if no cc is in the area)

missile blast is not worth it in pve, it's nice but the heat cost is just too great.

rail shot should always be on CD as well as Unload.

My typical rotation (if the mob survives long enough) is this:

Explosive dart, tracer missile x5(x3 if talented), rail shot, unload, tracer missile

repeat.

NOTE: You're not doing 5 tracer missiles after you get 5 stacks, it's just filler until Rail shot and unload comes off CD.

Ofcourse if the mobs are melee, then it'll change a bit, where you'll mix in rocket punch and stuns/knockbacks.

for aoe I generally just do: explosive dart, fusion missile, sweeping blasters

that's ofcourse when death from above is on CD.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Kaissanova

Your core ability will be tracer missile, it basically replaces power shot.

Typically, you want to always have 5 stacks of tracer lock.

Explosive dart should be used whenever it's up (if no cc is in the area)

missile blast is not worth it in pve, it's nice but the heat cost is just too great.

rail shot should always be on CD as well as Unload.

My typical rotation (if the mob survives long enough) is this:

Explosive dart, tracer missile x5(x3 if talented), rail shot, unload, tracer missile

repeat.

NOTE: You're not doing 5 tracer missiles after you get 5 stacks, it's just filler until Rail shot and unload comes off CD.

Ofcourse if the mobs are melee, then it'll change a bit, where you'll mix in rocket punch and stuns/knockbacks.

for aoe I generally just do: explosive dart, fusion missile, sweeping blasters

that's ofcourse when death from above is on CD.

Hope that helps.

im 23 and this seems pretty reasonable rotation except i swear just using tracer missle kills mobs the faster. Seems like whenever i go to unload or rail shot it just slows things up.

im 23 and this seems pretty reasonable rotation except i swear just using tracer missle kills mobs the faster. Seems like whenever i go to unload or rail shot it just slows things up.

At this point in the game, rotation discipline really doesn't matter too much. Mobs are pretty weak at this point, so Tracer is sufficient.

that's true, but keep in mind the talents you'll be getting higher up in arsenal, like barrage. Those will make unload and rail shot hit like a beast.

I think right now unload still hits for the most if it gets a full channel, rail shot feels like it's a bit less than tracer, however it is an Instant cast that cost less heat. so in that perspective, its a more efficient ability.

Level 22 Merc, and I think I've found a good mix that helps my heat ratio.

I open with Explosive Dart, followed by 5x Tracer Missile (this will go down to 3x once I get it specc'd), I then Rail shot and Unload. At this point it becomes a pretty easy process that I follow in this order:

1.) Is Heat Trace about to fall off the target? Then cast Tracer Missile Always have five stacks of Heat Trace

2.) Is Rail Shot available? Then cast Rail Shot

3.) Is Unload available? Then cast Unload

4.) Is Explosive Dart available? Then cast Explosive Dart

5.) If I've reached this far, it's filler time. I generally use Rapid Shot as my filler to help keep my heat cost down. This works wonders for me and I can go almost an entire boss fight without needing to vent.

If you do any pvp power shot hits slightly harder on squishy targets than tracer. For instance on smugglers or consulars when I use power shot it can hit for 1300-1400 and crit for 2.6k+ while tracer hits for 1200-1300 and crits for around 2400.