Profitability of static main and off-hands T4

Vercundus

A question for more advanced crafters, do you craft static T4 main and off-hands and how well do you sell them?

I generally do not bother with static gear, but considering they require Conquest mats instead of OPs mats, there might be something here. I checked the prices and they were on pair with relics.

What are your thoughts on this?

There aren't that many players that just start GC AND have the credits to afford buying gear on the GTN. I have only tech users at level 70 right now; to give a force user a headstart, I wouldn't even buy a 246 hilt or armoring. I'd give them 248 mods and enhancements and use 230 hilts and armorings until I get something better from the crates.

Relics, ears and implants are a better use for the conquest mats, IMO. They are the hardest to get from command crates and are static anyway.

Edited by Mubrak

Relics, ears and implants are a better use for the conquest mats, IMO. They are the hardest to get from command crates and are static anyway.

Is that a fact? I ask, because on all my level 70 characters, I got an abundance of relics, ears and implants from command crates, but I am lacking armor/gear drops. I literally sighed "not a relic again" quite often and thus never even bothered looking into crafting those.

Is that a fact? I ask, because on all my level 70 characters, I got an abundance of relics, ears and implants from command crates, but I am lacking armor/gear drops. I literally sighed "not a relic again" quite often and thus never even bothered looking into crafting those.

You can't pass them to alts (they are character-bound), so there is *that* value (perhaps) in crafting high-tier leftishes instead.

When you lack a chest piece and get one, it has the proper set-bonus for your discipline and is everything you ever wanted. For relics there are 4 different ones (5 for healers), and you don't want just *any* relic. Two of the same kind are useless, and you most likely want a proccing relic, not a useable one.

I don't seem to be getting more left-side items compared to other gear of the same rating, but even if the odds are rigged, and you get twice as many relics as, say, chests, there is still only half the chance for getting the Serendipitous Assault relic you actually want, than there is for getting the chestpiece you need.

Edited by Mubrak

A question for more advanced crafters, do you craft static T4 main and off-hands and how well do you sell them?

I generally do not bother with static gear, but considering they require Conquest mats instead of OPs mats, there might be something here. I checked the prices and they were on pair with relics.

What are your thoughts on this?

I have four words for you "Make Credits Not Stuff." Credit goes to DarthTHC for that phrase and I use it in my money making guide (linked in my signature).

The point is that crafting something in the hopes it sells, is not a good practice. Just because you see static gear on the GTN at high value and profit, does not mean it sells. Back in 4.x I dabbled in crafted static blaster pistols. Yes, I crafted some and they always sold at good profit, BUT more often than not, it took weeks to sell one. I do not do that anymore.

I have four words for you "Make Credits Not Stuff." Credit goes to DarthTHC for that phrase and I use it in my money making guide (linked in my signature).

The point is that crafting something in the hopes it sells, is not a good practice. Just because you see static gear on the GTN at high value and profit, does not mean it sells. Back in 4.x I dabbled in crafted static blaster pistols. Yes, I crafted some and they always sold at good profit, BUT more often than not, it took weeks to sell one. I do not do that anymore.

You actually quoted him asking the question about how well these sell so ideally he had already taken your advice and was looking for some insight from people who may already know as opposed to having to try it for himself (or monitor the market) to figure it out for himself.

You actually quoted him asking the question about how well these sell so ideally he had already taken your advice and was looking for some insight from people who may already know as opposed to having to try it for himself (or monitor the market) to figure it out for himself.

Then the short answer is yes and no...

I did do static gear in the past, it did not sell well enough for me. Therefore I do not even try with any of the current endgame tiers.

When you lack a chest piece and get one, it has the proper set-bonus for your discipline and is everything you ever wanted. For relics there are 4 different ones (5 for healers), and you don't want just *any* relic. Two of the same kind are useless, and you most likely want a proccing relic, not a useable one.

I don't seem to be getting more left-side items compared to other gear of the same rating, but even if the odds are rigged, and you get twice as many relics as, say, chests, there is still only half the chance for getting the Serendipitous Assault relic you actually want, than there is for getting the chestpiece you need.

Thanks for the reply. I find it interesting. I haven't considered that there are actually 11 kind of relics and that someone might not get the one he is looking for. I will have a look at it.

Regarding my GC drops:

I can definitely say that I got and get a lot of relic drops on all my chars. It's the one thing I never have to think about (all my chars have two optimised golden proccing relics of their current GC level). Helmets on the other hand seem to be very hard to get for me (in purple or golden quality). Random is random. ;)

As someone who recently returned and able to craft the majority of the new stuff I can say this:

Weapons/offhands are reasonably viable as the climb to 246-248 takes a lot of investment and the performance gain is enough to make one consider the expenditure

After maxing out main I found I really didn't feel the motivation to repeat that process with alts - the decreased incentive to play alts means far far fewer characters to become potential customers.

Given the state of harby, I would bet that you'd spend much more time sitting on old inventory than replacing sold ones.

I think it has a role, at least for me, for mirror classes that don't share the MH/OH. For example, Mercs and Commandos. I think there is a role for crafting 246 assault cannons, tanking rifles, shotguns, tech generators, vibroknives. I think left side stuff also falls into that category.

Anything that could potentially be transferred via legacy MH/OH, though, I just tend to wait until I get upgrades via GC. Fortunately that tends to be limited to lightsabers and foci.

I think a lot of people still feel Gemini Mk-4 Relic of Shield Amplification is BiS since it offers Endurance and mitigation, whereas the token relic is Mastery and mitigation, so when I have extras of those they sell well. I also personally go the crafted route for clicky relics since they are not my go-to relics for most content, and I can afford to disintegrate anything less than 248 there. Same with DV relics ... I don't know that the math is clear cut that DV always wins out at high item rating levels over the traditional SA/FR combo, based on concerns about diminishing returns. Furthermore, most of my use of DV is for level-synced content where it clearly has an advantage over SA/FR.

I'm still in the mode of gearing alts though, so I haven't tried to make a lot of stuff for sale.

I've sold eternal commander mk 4 lightsabers for a decent wedge and within hours too.

In fact you can sell most static stuff if you price it just right. There's maybe quite a few players who don't want to farm mats and have the credits just to pick one up for whatever they want it for. They could even just not have any luck with RNG crates.

In fact I sell more statics than bronze moddable ones. Any tier statics in fact.

Edited by orangenee