How to make slicing a real profession.

Azureas

Slicing is currently an awesome money maker, even after the nerf. However, all it seems to be is a money maker in simply gathering credits and not acutally producing anything.

Not many people use slicing missions to find augment items, as augment items require items that have a augment slot, which are very few and far between.

Instead, what if we were to change augments to be something akin to Enchanting from other games. They could be used on all types of gear, be much more worthwhile to have, and give the profession an acutual feel to it, rather than something that just gathers credits on peoples free time.

It would also give people more of a choice of what they do with their gear, without having to resort to orange items. People could still customize their gear with an augment, but at the same time, they wouldnt have to fill up 3 other slots to have a viable peice of armor.

One way this could be implemented that wouldn't take as much coding how enchanting normally works in other games, is by giving all armor an open augment slot.

I think this could work to make slicing a profession that actually benefits players while also creating a credit sink for the profession. It wouldn't inflate the economy as much, as player would have to spend money to obtain augments, and it wouldn't make slicing a "real" crafting profession, as the augments you'd get from missions would still be random.

Anyway, thoughts or discussion?

I am not sure what sort of "awesome" profits other people are seeing, but my "awesome" profits for the last 8 hours of slicing come to a grand total of -4372 credits....

This is with 3 companions out most of the time, 4 out sometimes, 400 level slicing, doing Rich level 41-49, The Automated Saboteur and Be Careful What You Read whenever available. As of 3 hours into this 8 hour period, The Automated Saboteur disappeared and I haven't seen it since. During this time I also got 3 purple missions and 7 blue missions. That is all.

So yes. In 8 hours of grinding Slicing, I have lost over 4k credits. This is not to mention all the crew skill time that was wasted.

How are you still making awesome money with it? I've been grinding slicing missions constantly for the last few hours with two companions and I'm around 3k credits up total. So roughly 500 credits per companion per hour. A lower return than just throwing my scavenged mission returns on the AH over the same period and those have the utility of also being able to support my cybertech.

I've been doing only rich/bount missions from Lv 5/4. The lv 6 ones still seem worthless considering the equally limited returns and the far longer duration.

Edited by TwinkLover

Return slicing back!

Many ppls already have a millions of credits from slicing, what a reason was to nerf it?

It will be better to buff another proffessions instead slicing nerf, coz all of it now just a money loose without any profits! ><

And give to players alternative ways to pick up some money, coz all needed things in game costs too much (skills, recieps, heal potions etc) and there is NO ways to make money, over slicing!

Most of subscribers DOES not playing in RolePlay, Story etc. Most of them playing in PVP and money here must costs nothing, only BATTLE must! Like in Warhammer.

How are you still making awesome money with it? I've been grinding slicing missions constantly for the last few hours with two companions and I'm around 3k credits up total. So roughly 500 credits per companion per hour. A lower return than just throwing my scavenged mission returns on the AH over the same period and those have the utility of also being able to support my cybertech.

But, you loose nothing.

Scavenging? What? LOL. Do you know WHO buy your scav items at AH? The Slicer Millioners, sure.

When their money will goes to end - noone will buy your scav item for your price, trust me.

Coz Scav (and another) missions costs TOO much and returns TOO low profits.

I've been doing only rich/bount missions from Lv 5/4. The lv 6 ones still seem worthless considering the equally limited returns and the far longer duration.

Lucky dog...I'd kill for a 3k profit