Ranked daily/weeklies

DarthRaistlin

I was around during release when games only counted wins.

Know what happened? If the team was not optimal and started off winning, half the people gave up while a good majority just abandoned the game assuring the loss.

With a team of 4v4 we will end up with one team recognizing a couple of good players and abandoning the game. Maybe 1 or 2 people will stick around, but that will guarantee a loss before the game even starts.

Keep it like normal warzones where loses count for half the total of a win. We do not have the population for ranked PvP to cater only for winners.

People DC from ranked games, but they very rarely leave them willingly, even if they think they're gonna lose- because it's ranked. When they divide the ranked quests into solo and group-specific quests (hopefully soon after 2.7.1), I think making the group quests grant 1 completion point for losses and 2 wins (like regs) would be good, as this would incentive group ranked. There would be no concerns about unprepared players taking advantage of the comm rewards from the quest and screwing over their teammates, since they would obviously be mutually consenting to queue with each other when they form their group.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lock outs don't stop people from leaving a game they think they will lose. Look at warzones. People still leave if they think their team isn't optimal or their team starts losing.

We do not have the population for ranked Warzones to cater only to winning teams.

Yup, I totally agree. The new incentive to play Ranked will definitely not entice anyone else to queue.

PS: No, I will not look at Warzones, and I cannot believe that you think they are a legitimate example of anything. Warzones don't have a lockout either. If they did, people wouldn't leave. People leave games because they realize (or at least think they realize) they will lose. They see no value in staying, because they could get back into queue and get another game and another chance faster than if they had stayed. If they are locked out of the queue for 15 minutes, leaving will not benefit them at all.

this would incentive group ranked. There would be no concerns about unprepared players taking advantage of the comm rewards from the quest and screwing over their teammates, since they would obviously be mutually consenting to queue with each other when they form their group.

This.

Once again, Bioware, please respond to this idea. If you allow solo queue to count for these dailies, it will destroy the solo queue altogether. If you restrict it to group queue only, you give the PvP community as a whole a much bigger reason to group queue, and the dangers of apathetic group members disappear.

I feel kind of bad. Now instead of weighing down teams nine times a week, I'll be doing it until I get nine wins.

This is what will happen.

The already small population that does ranked Warzones will not grow because of the dailies or weeklies.

The losing team will start to abandon the match after the first loss or if they notice their opposition is good at PvP.

Not everyone cares about their rank so will just keep abandoning and requeuing until they complete their dailes and weeklies.

This will guarantee the loss of games for more serious players and will drive a good number of those players away from the solo queue.

Solo queue for Ranked PvP will shrink to nothing and only Team ranked PvP will pop.

This.

Once again, Bioware, please respond to this idea. If you allow solo queue to count for these dailies, it will destroy the solo queue altogether. If you restrict it to group queue only, you give the PvP community as a whole a much bigger reason to group queue, and the dangers of apathetic group members disappear.

You do understand that I'm advocating for separate quests for solo AND group, with only wins counting towards solo ranked quest completion, and losses counting 1x and wins counting 2X for group ranked quest completion. Right?

This is what will happen.

The already small population that does ranked Warzones will not grow because of the dailies or weeklies.

The losing team will start to abandon the match after the first loss or if they notice their opposition is good at PvP.

Not everyone cares about their rank so will just keep abandoning and requeuing until they complete their dailes and weeklies.

This will guarantee the loss of games for more serious players and will drive a good number of those players away from the solo queue.

Solo queue for Ranked PvP will shrink to nothing and only Team ranked PvP will pop.

I really don't think that's how it's gonna go down.

I really don't think that's how it's gonna go down.

Player attitude has not changed.

If there is zero reward why stick around?

For fun? How many people play every game over and over and over and over and over and over just for fun without any hope for reward?

Zero reward means they will just abandon the game and eventually stop queuing.

This has already been proved when warzones only rewarded the winners.

Edited by illgot

Bioware tried the win only quest system for normal PVP before and it resulted in people abandoning warzones they can't win in large numbers. How will arenas be different?

Once I get my 1500 rating and I am guaranteed end of season rewards, what do I risk by quitting arenas I can't win in order to complete my daily/weekly?

The upcoming (in 2.7.1) Ranked Missions only progress from wins. They are completed with 3 wins for the daily and 9 for the weekly. We will see how those amounts work in the wild and adjust accordingly.

Cheers! :tran_grin:

Bioware, You've tried this before with only wins counting and it obviously wasn't working so you changed it so you could win or lose and still progress. You guys seem to do this stuff backwards.

Bioware finally added solo que to ranked but they eliminate 8 vs 8 ranked. Now they finally add a quest for ranked but make it so only wins count? LOL ...why act like it will be balanced and fun for those that lose over and over?

The upcoming (in 2.7.1) Ranked Missions only progress from wins. They are completed with 3 wins for the daily and 9 for the weekly. We will see how those amounts work in the wild and adjust accordingly.

Cheers! :tran_grin:

I'm lucky to get 3 matches a day let alone 3 wins.

Just yesterday I was in an ops group for ranked PVP and we only got 3 matches in before the queue stopped popping. I got 2 wins and 1 loss. Some days I can't get a ranked queue pop at all despite a few of us calling out in PVP chat on fleet, and I play on the bigger faction side.

If an average solo ranked pvper has a 50% win ratio, then he will need ~6 ranked pvp matches per day to have 3 wins. That's an awful lot to ask from a pve server, especially on the more quieter days of the week, and I have to feel sorry for the Pubs - almost all of the ranked matches I play are Imp vs Imp.

Is it possible to have different numbers required per server, so servers where people are carrying these new ranked dailies over half a week can have lower requirements? I understand if this is not technically possible though.

Bioware tried the win only quest system for normal PVP before and it resulted in people abandoning warzones they can't win in large numbers. How will arenas be different?

Once I get my 1500 rating and I am guaranteed end of season rewards, what do I risk by quitting arenas I can't win in order to complete my daily/weekly?

If you leave a ranked match you lose rating in addition to not getting the reward. If people are leaving that is just the type of person that they are. Incentives probably aren't going to change a douche.

They are going to be holding out the rating needed for the new season so that it may be even higher than 1500 this time around.

For fun? How many people play every game over and over and over and over and over and over just for fun without any hope for reward?

Theres still rewards though. You have your end of season rewards as well as earning ranked commendations. I can't imagine even the worst of players not being able to win a handful of games in a week.

I'm lucky to get 3 matches a day let alone 3 wins.

Just yesterday I was in an ops group for ranked PVP and we only got 3 matches in before the queue stopped popping. I got 2 wins and 1 loss. Some days I can't get a ranked queue pop at all despite a few of us calling out in PVP chat on fleet, and I play on the bigger faction side.

If an average solo ranked pvper has a 50% win ratio, then he will need ~6 ranked pvp matches per day to have 3 wins. That's an awful lot to ask from a pve server, especially on the more quieter days of the week, and I have to feel sorry for the Pubs - almost all of the ranked matches I play are Imp vs Imp.

Is it possible to have different numbers required per server, so servers where people are carrying these new ranked dailies over half a week can have lower requirements? I understand if this is not technically possible though.

That's unfortunate that ranked queues don't pop consistently. However with a daily this gives more of an incentive to do ranked thus increasing pops and chances to win.

As for average players who only win 50% of their matches. They have to work harder end of story. It wouldn't be a reward if it was not worked for. They might as well just send people 100 ranked comms in the mail everyday if that was the case.

As for pubs. Screw em that's what the get for fighting the dark side. :rak_03:

This is understandable and will happen to many players, even me no doubt =/

However we feel that having wins be the only criteria is a better way to go instead of making them games played. This is because of the incentive to play the gamemode for the right reasons (to win) is much lower for someone who is just interested in completing the daily/weekly. A percentage of the Ranked population would be queuing just to complete a quest and that would be detrimental to the team. We feel Games Played with an incentive (Double counts for Wins) is more acceptable in Unranked games because of the larger team size (less personal impact on if your team wins or loses) and more casual atmosphere.

This is our current philosophy on the choice we made but if it isn't working out we will make adjustments where and when possible.

Cheers! :i_biggrin:

Alex Modny, you f*#$"$ing win sir, finally the pvp team in bioware understands the pvp mentality on this game.

Bioware, You've tried this before with only wins counting and it obviously wasn't working so you changed it so you could win or lose and still progress. You guys seem to do this stuff backwards.

Bioware finally added solo que to ranked but they eliminate 8 vs 8 ranked. Now they finally add a quest for ranked but make it so only wins count? LOL ...why act like it will be balanced and fun for those that lose over and over?

Yea lets encourage more window licking baddies to flood the queues so they can 'grind gear'.

Ranked is not for grinding gear. Its for playing in a competitive environment and measuring your abilities against other skilled opponents. Its already a relative travesty, putting a quest in Ranked that can be completed by losing is just straight up idiocy.

Ranked is not for grinding gear. Its for playing in a competitive environment .

yeah. I'm not mr. intensity. win at all costs. elite pvper. but this is just...I mean...it's what rated is, man. alex seems to have said as much. and it's the polar opposite of what musco said in the faq.

there's nothing wrong with being bad or mediocre or w/e. your rating will plummet. eventually things will sort themselves out. but there's something wrong with still grinding your gear in the middle of ranked play.

Edited by foxmob

Because there is not "zero reward": you still get ranked comms.

If you leave a ranked match you lose rating in addition to not getting the reward. If people are leaving that is just the type of person that they are. Incentives probably aren't going to change a douche.

They are going to be holding out the rating needed for the new season so that it may be even higher than 1500 this time around.

As they have not yet posted how ratings/rewards will work for season 2 I am assumed season 1 conditions. For season 1 your rewards were based on your highest rating achieved not the rating you held on the last day.

Now assuming that condition, if I have achieved my necessary rating there is no penalty and no risk to throwing away games in order to complete the daily/weekly.

As they have not yet posted how ratings/rewards will work for season 2 I am assumed season 1 conditions. For season 1 your rewards were based on your highest rating achieved not the rating you held on the last day.

Now assuming that condition, if I have achieved my necessary rating there is no penalty and no risk to throwing away games in order to complete the daily/weekly.

You know what happens when you assume...

Considering there's a top 3 reward, I wouldn't be surprised if they made it based on the last day's rating . I think that way's better honestly, as long as they release percentile marks for reward tiers instead of straight up Elo marks.

Yea lets encourage more window licking baddies to flood the queues so they can 'grind gear'.

Ranked is not for grinding gear. Its for playing in a competitive environment and measuring your abilities against other skilled opponents. Its already a relative travesty, putting a quest in Ranked that can be completed by losing is just straight up idiocy.

The PVP community is so small you really can't call ranked games a competitive environment.