Free-to-Play Preview Episode 2

CourtneyWoods

Judging by this thread...I hope Bioware takes notice that a lot of people are unimpressed by the Cartel Market and how it was implemented. A lot of negativity here, but at the same time, a lot of people who have given their thoughts on how to make the game better.

I think the only reason why people are being negative, is because they really love this game, but see the same pattern in this game that killed other games. We want this game to survive. We want to see this game become the best MMO to ever hit the market, and we want to see is succeed for years and years to come...but at this rate and at this corporate mentality, we simply do not see it happening.

Bioware is still sitting on a gold mine here...they only need to realize that they need to make some serious changes to pull in the cash needed to keep it going. I still have my fingers crossed for this game, it has so much potential it's insane. I think this new Super Secret Space project is a good start. But they took one step backward by creating these "Lock Box Packs" and reskins of the same ol Armor pieces in the Cartel Market.

Man, I really hope Bioware and EA get their act together. As hard as I seem to be on the companies, I have not lost faith in them...and I will be the first to pat them on the backs when they do finally see the light and bring this game to where it should be.

Don't give up, Bioware...I have faith in ya...just please stop making these bad choices and if possible, communicate with us and tell us where you are taking us with this game. Get our feedback on your ideas, make your ideas public...advertise...bring players to this game in such a mass that you are forced to reopen old servers that had previously been closed. Open up new worlds that are Sandbox...give us some Sandbox variety along side the Themepark. Nothing wrong with having the best of both worlds. Create some astounding new Armors...there are a ton of good looking Armors out there, a lot has already been shown to you by the player base in multiple threads. Bring us content, new mind blowing abilities...MAKE US WANT TO GIVE YOU OUR MONEY!

You guys have the capability, that's what makes this so frustrating...you are more than capable beyond any other company in the market. I just feel you are trying too hard to make a quick buck...it's gonna blow up in your face...and I do not want that to happen to you. I want to see you guys be successful while the players get a gaming experience that leaves them in awl.

Good Luck, Bioware. I'm still rooting for ya. :cool:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't let the door hit ya where ma nature split ya -salute-

I don't get what's wrong with the chair - my Sith will be riding that thing complete with LOUD-*** pimp horn baby! bum-ba-bum bum-ba-bum

Why should we 'teh loest common demomimator' be penalized because something clashes with YOUR vision of Star Wars? If you don't like it... don't use it, pretty simple mah peeps :)

Oh god...and this ladies and gentlemen is exactly the kind of minds that this new image that Bioware has created is attracting. A mockery of what Star Wars should be.

Please do not lead us down this path, Bioware. :confused:

Oh god...and this ladies and gentlemen is exactly the kind of minds that this new image that Bioware has created is attracting. A mockery of what Star Wars should be.

He's a subscriber Wraiven. :)

Been attracting those since launch. :D

BTW... I'm spending all my free coins on cartel packs when the patch comes up. I'll be listing my winnings on the GTN after the bind timers expire (except for the monkey pet... he's mine if he drops). :D

P.S. I'm not negative about the game or the F2P model. And the shop has something for most everyone, and everyone posting in this thread is sitting on a pile of coins for Thursday too.

Edited by Andryah

Admittedly, I laughed. But I doubt I'll be laughing when I see players floating about on ridiculous chairs all over the place. Really BioWare, really. I feel sorry for all those role players who were looking forward to a meditation chair, not a another speeder, I really hope I'm mistaken about this one, otherwise /facepalm

Was I the only one who noticed how expensive everything was. I mean I have played this game since day one and my cartel coins I will get for being a paid member is like 1300. All those packs they are showing cost twice that amount....

Really? With my free coins I plan on buying the ship mailbox, repair droid, and GM kiosk. And I think I'll have a few left over.

Edited by Garthin

I'm a bit confused. I have 1950 cartel coins now and 18 characters. Does that mean all of my characters will get that amount or one bulk sum to divide between all of them? If everyone gets 1950 coins each this could be fun! If not... hmmm. Then after the first distribution will all of them continue to earn coins each month as a subscriber, or will I need to use US dollars to buy more?

Thanks!

Ok didn't see any one answer this for you, so you will have 1950 for your entire account. As a paid subscriber you will get 500 free coins a month.

He's a subscriber Wraiven. :)

Been attracting those since launch. :D

BTW... I'm spending all my free coins on cartel packs when the patch comes up. I'll be listing my winnings on the GTN after the bind timers expire (except for the monkey pet... he's mine if he drops). :D

P.S. I'm not negative about the game or the F2P model. And the shop has something for most everyone, and everyone posting in this thread is sitting on a pile of coins for Thursday too.

The thing is, Bioware did not create this as the focal point of their game. They attracted players who took this game for something that was gonna feel more like..."Star Wars" ...and not some mockery of fun filled circus full of clowns and Cheetos.

The game is changing from a serious MMO to something more aimed at the left side. In doing so, we on the right feel like we have been mislead and if it keeps up, Bioware will lose those players. So they pull in a few, and they lose a few.

I don't know about you, but when I bought this game, none of this kind of thing was advertised. They took this game very seriously, now, not so much so. I would agree with you if Bioware had told everyone where this game was going to be in a year (goofy little toys and a mockery) and I decided to sub anyway. This game has changed on a silly level...and that is not what I signed up for.

Edited by Wraiven

The thing is, Bioware did not create this as the focal point of their game. They attracted players who took this game for something that was gonna feel more like..."Star Wars" ...and not some mockery of fun filled circus full of clowns and Cheetos.

The game is changing from a serious MMO to something more aimed at the left side. In doing so, we on the right feel like we have been mislead and if it keeps up, Bioware will lose those players. So they pull in a few, and they lose a few.

I don't know about you, but when I bought this game, none of this kind of thing was advertised. They took this game very seriously, now, not so much so. I would agree with you if Bioware had told everyone where this game was going to be in a year (goofy little toys and a mockery) and I decided to sub anyway. This game has changed on a silly level...and that is not what I signed up for.

You're forgetting that most of the world sides with the left lol

Seriously though, obviously they did not see as many people as they would have liked to, so they looked at other games to see what they had that this one lacked. Obviously, rather than trying to fix the numerous bugs that those other games didn't have, they figured what makes other games cool is that they are kind of whacky, if you want them to be.

You're forgetting that most of the world sides with the left lol

Seriously though, obviously they did not see as many people as they would have liked to, so they looked at other games to see what they had that this one lacked. Obviously, rather than trying to fix the numerous bugs that those other games didn't have, they figured what makes other games cool is that they are kind of whacky, if you want them to be.

I just want to know which MMO I can play that I do not have to worry about wasting money on. I'm sick of buying these MMOs that start off serious, then end up as an amusement park. If they wanted an amusement park, they should have started off as one...so I could avoid that game like the plague. Now, the game I have loved since Beta is slowly but surely turning in to a circus side show and for all the people that love their new circus, I'm obviously stuck with it...assuming I don't finally get fed up with it and leave.

Haha, I'm going to chase you in my throne speeder whenever I see you on fleet, wearing one of the goofiest /emote faces I can muster.

This whole game became ridiculous after 1.2 when they destroyed PvP.

If BW wants to save this game, they need to add something for players to do on their own instead of dailies or creating a new character.

What I want is for them to create a server that reverts the game back to 1.1.5. I would give up all the raid content and PvE crap to go back to non-stop huttball matches.

I have seen some very stupid things but a throne with rockets on the bottom so so you move about while seated? Really Bioware?

From the video it even looked like it went up to speeder piloting 3 so would ba as fast if not faster than speeders. So people will be flying around on floating thrones. And yet sitting on a stationaty chair is too much work.

It's a mobility scooter in a galaxy far far away

Haha, I'm going to chase you in my throne speeder whenever I see you on fleet, wearing one of the goofiest /emote faces I can muster.

lol, I got a good laugh out of that. Although I hate the idea of people floating around in a hover chair (Gonna nick name it, "Hovaround" for laughs) I do think it would be funny if you actually found me and did such a thing...I would even have to take a screen shot, lol.

I just want to know which MMO I can play that I do not have to worry about wasting money on. I'm sick of buying these MMOs that start off serious, then end up as an amusement park. If they wanted an amusement park, they should have started off as one...so I could avoid that game like the plague. Now, the game I have loved since Beta is slowly but surely turning in to a circus side show and for all the people that love their new circus, I'm obviously stuck with it...assuming I don't finally get fed up with it and leave.

None, until the actual serious MMO-seeking crowd stops bailing out. For an MMO to work out, funding is required. And at a certain point, subscribers become the prime source of funding.

However, within the MMO-seeking crowd, this funding is hard to be found as they simply cannot stick to a title anymore. 15 years ago, you joined an MMO for years, you took its flaws for granted whilst you kept on financially contributing to its improvement.

Now? 3 days post launch (or even prior to release) many MMO players already start complaining as to how feature wise a product which was developed in 5 years, cannot match against a product which was developed in 5 years + had 5+ years of post-launch updating, fine-tuning and expansion packs. So they instantly bail out, or even withdraw pre-orders.

Hence, no further income for the MMO dev, the MMO dev has to obtain their income from elsewhere. So where to get it instead? That's right, the casual crowd who gives a flying duck about all that endgame raiding, endgame PvP, etc.

And MMO after MMO keeps getting nailed down due to it, as players expect some magical creation to instantly have everything, and the moment they come out of their dream bail out once more.

More and more publishers aren't even taking into account the support of such a MMO crowd anymore, directly launching off with games targeted at a more casual population to make sure they don't encounter needless hurdless set in place to artificially increase longevity.

In short: Never, the MMO genre of back in the days is dead, and to be quite frank (as much as many like to blame publishers) we are to blame for that as well.

All I want to know is the following two things...

First:

Will races beyond the human, cyborg and Zabrak be available for purchase from the market? ALL FTP's I have ever played, who have a subscriber version as well, have offered their players of the FTP a chance to purchase access to the otherwise non-accessible races due to their FTP status.

Second:

For those of us who are subscribers and have the option to choose characters to hold onto when we change into the FTP version; can we select characters that are races other than the Human, Cyborg and Zabrak? For example, say I want to keep my Pureblood when I shift to FTP. Can I?

P.S. Yes I have read other posts, but I like to make sure I get a direct answer when my money and time is on the line.

THIS is also what I've been wondering about ever since they announced the FTP restrictions. Answer please?

Hmm...the more I see the direction BioWare is taking with this game, the obvious drop-off in quality, and the drastic change in direction the development staff seems to have taken...the less I see myself sticking around after I finish off the class stories (which after a year, I'm close to being done with them). Even the trailers have taken a quality hit here.

And I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that EAWare is going to abandon the class stories completely in favor of alien-dialogue driven dailys and pre-recorded gender/class one-liners.

I more than got my fair share of BioWare-quality story fix from this game so its kind of sad to see it die. Makeb, Section X, and HK-51 are the best non-OP story-based content we have to look forward to? Yikes...So I guess...enjoy the cartel packs and Darth Nihilus masks? Or something?

QFE. You continue to disappoint, Bioware. Starting from the top

1.4- You Broke so many things that I felt it borderline unbearable to play, to finish the only character i've wanted to touch since launch.

Pvp- hey guys, lets make Ilum absolutely worthless and obsolete, and completely inconsequential to pvp, cause our warzones were designed so well and whatnot.

And now, Cartel gimicks? As if I didn't hate Black core crystals enough, you add a sith flavored scooty puff junior, more pets that serve less purpose than obama, and the Promise of dissapointing endgame advances. Depression strikes me, Bionic Arts, maybe you should've let bioware do what they were doing, instead of creating a game suited to the ever present More money less think players.

I wonder why these videos are directed to people who are already active subscribers.

No person who has never tried the game is going to give two ***** about floating chairs or some lame non combat pet. "Oooh picture of a rat. I must try this game!!"

Edited by Stradlin

I can never watch any of the swtor videos on the website......guess I have to wait till somebody uploads on youtube...

Has anybody else been getting low quality and ALOT of buffering and lag with there on site videos?

Nope I've never had that problem while watching the videos on this site.

Stop making the game sillier in an effort to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

I hate stupid gimmicks. The rhythm augmentation droid is funny and about as far as it should go; it's stupid to have someone buying a carbonite chamber for himself. The meditation throne should not float around or serve as a vehicle. It'd be fine if it was a static throne for your ship.

Also, cut down on all the shiny gold borders. It looks really cheesy when you log in with a legacy account, and I can see that same kind of nonsense with the borders and cartel icon here.

All of this seems worse than what we had before. Please take this game seriously so it can feel like an immersive world and part of the Star Wars universe we know from the films. You will begin losing serious subscribers if the game devolves into attenion-grabbing gimmicks to the point it distracts from the goal of experiencing the Star Wars universe with a good story and strong gameplay.

I think its funny that people are so upset about the floating throne you can get from the market..saying that is stupid and silly and doesn't fit. Yet Yoda had a floating chair in Episode II ..and I know that many people hate episodes 1-3..but the fact is..hate them or not they are cannon. So there for it makes sense to have a floating throne in the game.

Hmm I personally don't like the idea of flying chairs... to me the entire idea kills the star wars feel of the game however that being said, if there not liked, don't buy them and problem solved.

An item for sale does not mean you have to buy it. If you dont agree with it don't use it.

For heaven's sake..Yoda HAD a floating chair in Episode II...he used it while talking with Obi Won at the Jedi temple.