Can i trade my advanced class?

NANDOMONSTER

Hello, i choosed my class wrong when im in level 10, i wish to be a jedi sage but i selected jedi shadow (Jedi Consular)I want to know if we can trade our advanced class. Please, waiting an answer.

If the answer is: Yes

-Please tell me how i do that.

If the answer is: No

-Why we can't trade our advanced class?

- At least give me a "However"

Thanks for reading that!

By: Grivairi. (NANDOMONSTER)

I'm afraid that you are stuck with the Jedi Shadow. When choosing the Advanced class you are notified that this is an irreversible action.

If you really want to play a Sage then you will have to create a new character.

Edited by Toasteee

Hello, i choosed my class wrong when im in level 10, i wish to be a jedi sage but i selected jedi shadow (Jedi Consular)I want to know if we can trade our advanced class. Please, waiting an answer.

If the answer is: Yes

-Please tell me how i do that.

If the answer is: No

-Why we can't trade our advanced class?

- At least give me a "However"

Thanks for reading that!

By: Grivairi. (NANDOMONSTER)

Unfortunately, the answer is "No".

Why? Because (at this time) the game does not allow you to change your Advanced Class. You are warned when making the choice that it is final.

However :). You seem to still be at a very low level (10, maybe 11). If you really want to play as a Sage then you will have to recreate your character. I know, I know, it sucks. But hear me out. You now know more about the game so it will actually take you a lot less time to repeat Tython than it did the first time around, so it will actually be quite fast to get to 10 again and choose the Advanced Class you want.

(TIP: If you want to keep your current character's name, it can be complicated but it is doable. First preview the creation of a new character and take note of all the slider settings you want to use. Then delete your current character, create a new one as quickly as you can using the slider settings you noted previously and then completing your character creation. With a bit of luck, between deleting your current character and finalizing the new one, noone will have used your current character's name.)

Alternately, although at level 10- you don't have much, at the lower levels sometimes every little bit counts so, if you don't mind another name, you can create a Sage and email all of the credits your Shadow has made to the Sage before deleting the Shadow.

Like the previous poster said though, level 10's not that much time wasted at all. In fact, depending on how fast I'm playing, I can usually have that starter planet done in about an hour and a half to two so, realistically, you're only out by maybe a weekday evening/part of an afternoon. And if you go about deleting the Shadow intelligently, you still at least get to keep the credits that character's earned during that time.

Or.... if you've got the slots, you could just keep the Shadow and come back to them later on and give it a shot. You may find that you like it after all. I know that the same thing happened to me with my Scoundrel. I was ready to delete her about a half-a-dozen times but recently circumstances have forced me to actually play her with the husband because it's the only char that's the same level as his and the game play on that Scoundrel's actually growing on me a bit so now, I'm no longer sure. So, sometimes ya just never know. As always, YMMV though. :cool:

The reason why you can't change is because the classes diverge so much. Your gear and half of your powers are different. Letting people change Advanced Classes would be a headache.

Just run through the first 10 levels again, it doesn't take that long at all.

• 2 weeks later...
I dont want to create a new consular, the mine is lvl 42.

Then don't. :D

The Shadow is a fun class. You can be a Tank. You can be a "in your face" melee DPS. You can be "stealth-stab-in-the-back-disappear-again" DPS. You have a stun that last 1 minute. You can stealth past any number of mobs to reach objectives. It's fun. Try out the different trees. Make the most of what you have.

After all, what do Sages get? Heals? The ability to throw rocks and balls of force at the enemies. Pffff... that's nothing! :) (Now now sages, just kidding. :D)

Make the best of what you have since you cannot change your Advanced Class.