LI - Is Sav-Rak bugged?

The reason I asked if Sav-Rak is bugged was it's near impossible to heal against him...

Original He would do his chest pound and knock everyone up in the air, then he would attack for like 3-5 seconds and then jump up on the pipes and start throwing the green goop...

After the latest patch, He will now do his chest pound, knock everyone up in the air and then instead of jumping up to the pipes he keeps attacking all the while hitting players with green goop even tho he's not up on the pipes yet.... He won't jump up to the pipes until after he does his 2nd chest pound... so we have to fight him while being hit with green goop all at the same time.... It's near impossible to keep everyone's health up plus the tank who is getting hit from Sav-Rak and being pelted with green goop...

I've done Lost Island a lot of times and he only started to do this recently... I can only guess it's bugged...

Edited by Monoth

He is bugged out by certain abilities which will make him reset, but that doesnt seem to be the issue for you. Like someone has mentioned it seems like your dps is rather slower now then what you're use to; he will jump to a pipe when he reaches 80,60,40,20 percent health.

As for the bug where he resets while being on the pipes, i have seen Powertechs (both pyro and AP), as well as lethality speced snipers (havent ran it with an lethality speced operative) both bug him out. I have had success with the encounter after making the lethality snipers stop using their dots, and after making the PT's stop dpsing completely (success was after experiencing the bug 10+ times in a row); therefore i like to believe the bug is caused by the classes dots maybe. I am not to sure what is special about their dots compared to a madness speced sorc's dots(which has never bugged the encounter for me), but either way if anyone else has any useful information about this bug it would be great to figure it out.

On a side note dont be a ignorant fool, like many people on my server, and say the bug is caused by to much dps being done on the boss, since that isnt the case, since i have never skipped a smash when he has bugged out.

Still doesn't explain why were being pelted with his green goop when he's not up on the pipes.....

BTW, the Cleave is the blue icon and the green goop is the green icon... the tank is usually the only one with the blue icon (cleave bleed dot), but right around 90% he's starts hitting us with the green icon also (rak rot), before the last patch that would only happen when he was up on the pipes.

Edited by Monoth

the green dot is not the thing he does whie on the pipes, that's a straight damage ability called noxious spit as i recall. it may apply the green dot, but the green does negligible damage. only times i have trouble healing savrak is when more than a couple people consistently get The Clap.

the green dot is not the thing he does whie on the pipes, that's a straight damage ability called noxious spit as i recall. it may apply the green dot, but the green does negligible damage. only times i have trouble healing savrak is when more than a couple people consistently get The Clap.

All I know is this fight is like 10x harder then it used to be since the last patch....

He didn't used to hit you with rak rot before he jumped up onto the pipes.... Only thing I can guess is he only bugs out sometimes since some of you have not noticed it, or you guys haven't done it recently... Also the rak rot dot hits you as hard as the cleave bleed dot... Now have a tank that has both dots on him plus the rest of the group getting hit with rak rot and you can see why it's freakin hard to keep people up...

When I used to do this on my Gunslinger I would take no damage from the whole fight (except when he was on the pipes slinging the green goop), now even on my Gunslinger staying way out i'm still taking damage from this rak rot, either it's something new Bioware put in or he's bugged.

I fraps the fight so i'll post it and put a link in here

Edited by Monoth

The only time he ever bugs for me is when my group has TOO much dps, thus bugging him to forget to hop up on the pipes. (which isnt really a problem) Any of the spit that he throws the healer can usually heal through just fine. it sounds like you dont have enough dps or possibly your healer cant handle healing it.

All I know is this fight is like 10x harder then it used to be since the last patch....

He didn't used to hit you with rak rot before he jumped up onto the pipes.... Only thing I can guess is he only bugs out sometimes since some of you have not noticed it, or you guys haven't done it recently... Also the rak rot dot hits you as hard as the cleave bleed dot... Now have a tank that has both dots on him plus the rest of the group getting hit with rak rot and you can see why it's freakin hard to keep people up...

When I used to do this on my Gunslinger I would take no damage from the whole fight (except when he was on the pipes slinging the green goop), now even on my Gunslinger staying way out i'm still taking damage from this rak rot, either it's something new Bioware put in or he's bugged.

I fraps the fight so i'll post it and put a link in here

This fight can be hard to heal through. I've successfully healed hm denova and this fight is as hard to heal.

He is not bugged. As many have said ,your dps is light. He spots that green stuff while he is on the ground. It spreads like the plague, meaning if you heal someone who has it, you will Get it. Then who ever you heal gets it as well.

That dot is not hard to heal through. The frontal cleave is a hard hitting dot that is difficult to heal through.

If he doesn't jump onto the pipe then your dps bugged him which is a good thing. If there is a more than 3second delay before he jumps, you need more dps

Edited by sphyg

Had this issue yesterday on normal mode. We just did what were supposed to - clicked pilars, he got burned, he "jumped down".

More than visual bug since you can still damage him, but not nearly as difficult to deal with as you describe.