SWTOR Single panel Webcomic

Pontius_Morgan

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know.....that might convince me to do those quests. But, all 8 slots? Ugh.....

Heh. I was trying to think of something so mindlessly tedious that no one would do it, and, based on MMO player bases in general, that's a really high bar. (To get past, I think, level 200 smithing in WoW, I had to make something like 40 suits of armor, which meant harvesting a redonkulous amount of iron, which means I leveled from, I think, 40 to 44 in one zone, just circling it, over and over, waiting for nodes to spawn... over and over... over and over.... To get some kind of special raptor mount, I had to do a quest once a day for 30 days, to get a mount that was statistically identical to every other but was a slightly different color. So when it comes to "Things no one would actually do", it's hard to come up with them!)

Huh, somehow I see a mission chain ... become infected ... transform ... fight for your tribe ... blackscreen ... oh, a vision, who am I ... find the mad scientist that can transform you back ... ah, I'm back, was this all just a dream? Oh, that little rakghoul at your side says no, there was indeed a blackscreen :D

Heh. I was trying to think of something so mindlessly tedious that no one would do it, and, based on MMO player bases in general, that's a really high bar. (To get past, I think, level 200 smithing in WoW, I had to make something like 40 suits of armor, which meant harvesting a redonkulous amount of iron, which means I leveled from, I think, 40 to 44 in one zone, just circling it, over and over, waiting for nodes to spawn... over and over... over and over.... To get some kind of special raptor mount, I had to do a quest once a day for 30 days, to get a mount that was statistically identical to every other but was a slightly different color. So when it comes to "Things no one would actually do", it's hard to come up with them!)

I hear ya, I played WoW from beta to Cataclysm's release. I wasn't much of a hard charger for the achievements. My Wife though, she was always dragging me around to help her. So all achievements I received were by proxy.

Like the children's week one, where you had to run the orphan brats all over the world, only got that one cause I was helping my wife.

Your point is valid though, adjusting the ceiling for what players will and won't do for reward is a difficult task, at best.

Huh, somehow I see a mission chain ... become infected ... transform ... fight for your tribe ... blackscreen ... oh, a vision, who am I ... find the mad scientist that can transform you back ... ah, I'm back, was this all just a dream? Oh, that little rakghoul at your side says no, there was indeed a blackscreen :D

Someone send this to the developer's, STAT!

This, I would definitely do.

The Rakghoul comments kinda struck a chord with me

http://www.theminionslayers.com/comics/2012-03-26-rakghoul.png

Officially made my day yet again :).

You are by far the best thing to happen to these forums :).

Keep up the good work mate, I'll keep promoting on our site for you too :).

Althire.

This has happened many times. This is one of the funniest bugs, imo.

http://www.theminionslayers.com/comics/2012-03-28-blazin.png

GAHAHAHAH. That happens on my inquisitor all the time too. Lightning follows her around like it's rediculous. think I have a screen shot where it followed me through one level and two rooms in this one building and then just hovered in the air.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/406690_150146908429595_100003028598028_189541_1767963744_n.jpg

Oh and here's a couple ideas for you maybe?

Something about how a sith pureblood can pimpslap Khem Val and he actually cries like a baby XD

And I always found it funny you can run away from those ambient conversations and you can be in a completely different part of the planet, with no one else around! and still hear them blabbering.

I'm working with the tablet, instead of scanning and then using a mouse to do anything. Hopefully this will make an improvement over the current art. Just a tease with the next strip featuring my favorite companion, Mako. I should have it all done by Friday.

http://www.theminionslayers.com/comics/2012-03-29-mako-teaser.png

Impressive! There's quite an improvement in your style, indeed. Can't wait until the full pic is out!

Btw, regarding that "bug", yeah it can be quite annoying, especially I love it when I'm soloing a boss with my healer companion, my vanguard gets stuck and...well, what do you know? yup, there goes my healer and every imp gang on my vanguard "still firing on a dead body" ....oh, by the chamberlain's trousers, what a joy!

:D, thanks.

Here is the newest one, scheduled to post on the site tomorrow at 8am, but since you are all so awesome, I thought I would post it here first.

http://www.theminionslayers.com/comics/2012-03-30-girl%20talk.png

rofl best one yet. worst thing about rping a vicious mercenary was mako >.<

rofl best one yet. worst thing about rping a vicious mercenary was mako >.<

I agree with you, pal. This is one of the best (for me, the baby pet tautan is my favorite :D).

Also, since I was getting tired of playing only Republic, I'm starting with the Empire, and since playing neutral really suck, I decided to make all light side or dark sided characters. Today's joke really got me, especially when I played a totally dark Imperial Agent, took my first side quest (yeah, you got it: the one in the "spaceport") and.... I still can't believe what he did in front of such an innocent audience. It was so cool and so wrong at the same time!:eek:

Edited by zorroazul

I agree with you, pal. This is one of the best (for me, the baby pet tautan is my favorite :D).

Also, since I was getting tired of playing only Republic, I'm starting with the Empire, and since playing neutral really suck, I decided to make all light side or dark sided characters. Today's joke really got me, especially when I played a totally dark Imperial Agent, took my first side quest (yeah, you got it: the one in the "spaceport") and.... I still can't believe what he did in front of such an innocent audience. It was so cool and so wrong at the same time!:eek:

Welcome to the Dark Side!!!

Watch where you step and don't get any on ya!

That's hilarious. This is also why I come up with original names instead of choosing something immature or common lol. Well OK so I had to come up with ONE immature name because my fat roommate's nickname of "Turbo" was already taken so I named him Fun'tobe'fat when I made a Bounty Hunter in his likeness.

Hilarious ^-^

but also depressing because "sev" was taken on my server -_-' (for those of you that don't know, sev was one of the commandos in the republic commando series. he perfectly describes my trooper).

saw someone named hitlersyouth :hope_08:

and my gm's alt is named asspunisher

i was so frustrated to find this out...

You're not the only one, pal. Once I discovered the differences between my consular and my sorcerer... let's just say I put my poor jedi "on hold" until the legacy 1.2 comes out. I do really hope I can give her the sith powers.

Once again, Pontius, you just made my Sunday! Poor Mr. Connery!:D

Edited by zorroazul