~Jaesa Romance~

DarthGile

As a non sith warrior I find it kind of annoying that you guys are moaning about this. Jaesa is the only companion in the game where you can actually effect change her and it makes an impact in the game. Its a choice that you guys get and the rest of us don't have the option to do anything that cool.

Actually, Vette is another one. Whether or not you remove her shock collar affects the story too. Granted, SW is one of the few characters with multiple romance options. Only others I can think of are Smuggler and Imperial Agent. Those are the "horndog" classes, imo. Imp Agent has quite a few opportunities to get some during the main story. As does the Smuggler. IA Romance Options: Kaliyo/Raina for males. Smuggler: Risha/Akaavi for males. And to a certain point, they can romance both ladies at the same time... at least until they make you choose.

The difference between those two and the Warrior is that with the SW, you pretty much ONLY get the chance with one or the other. Depending on how you run your toon. I believe they put in Vette as the LS romance option and Jaesa as the DS option. I seriously doubt they will make her LS personality a romance option. The ONLY time I was able to flirt with her, I lost affection with both her and Vette. :p

EDIT: Now, it IS possible to romance Vette as DS, but very difficult without forking out a LOT of credits for gifts or taking the Archaeology crew skill to get companion gifts for her.

Edited by Captain_Zone

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, Vette is another one. Whether or not you remove her shock collar affects the story too. Granted, SW is one of the few characters with multiple romance options. Only others I can think of are Smuggler and Imperial Agent. Those are the "horndog" classes, imo. Imp Agent has quite a few opportunities to get some during the main story. As does the Smuggler. IA Romance Options: Kaliyo/Raina for males. Smuggler: Risha/Akaavi for males. And to a certain point, they can romance both ladies at the same time... at least until they make you choose.

The difference between those two and the Warrior is that with the SW, you pretty much ONLY get the chance with one or the other. Depending on how you run your toon. I believe they put in Vette as the LS romance option and Jaesa as the DS option. I seriously doubt they will make her LS personality a romance option. The ONLY time I was able to flirt with her, I lost affection with both her and Vette. :p

EDIT: Now, it IS possible to romance Vette as DS, but very difficult without forking out a LOT of credits for gifts or taking the Archaeology crew skill to get companion gifts for her.

Also, from what I understand, Vector is also effected by alignment decisions. If you go light side, he will regain his personality, while going dark, he remains part of teh hive mind.

If only bounty hunters had a companion like this.....

Also, from what I understand, Vector is also effected by alignment decisions. If you go light side, he will regain his personality, while going dark, he remains part of teh hive mind.

If only bounty hunters had a companion like this.....

Vector is a very good character. Whoever created him should win an award, or get a raise! The guy is pure zen gold. No other companion comes close, imo. He's a good guy, as is most of the IA's team. Good people, that is. Exceptions of course are Kaliyo, SCORPIO, and to some extent, Lokin. Lokin makes up for his semi-twisted ways with some comic relief touches, though. lol

Oh, and I was mistaken with the Archaeology skill for Companion gifts in my earlier post. Underworld Trading is needed for those. :p My SI does Synthweaving, so I have both skills to support it.

• 9 months later...
I think the idea is that Jaesa did not believe the Jedi teachings and order are corrupt, just Noman Karr (which he was). The reason she wanted to join you was because she believed you were a Sith who secretly walked the Lightside, not because she thought Sith teachings in genreal were right. The quest to reform the Empire to the Lightside is the center of her personal belief, so the perspective of the Jedi still defines her of worldview. Her values are still the same as before.

It is a simple and safe assumption that if Bioware were to add a light romance for her, the dark romance would remain untouched.

This thread was made for the sole purpose of being a petition with strong opinions and details to back up our request. This is why the thread was written up as a way where no opposition could spark. You already mentioned that you agree. You prefer her other alignment, but you agree with what we are asking for.

Thank you for agreeing.

Firstly no it isn't a simple and safe assumption, maybe the devs only want one part of her romancable, giving in to you would mean they take the DS option away. You have no idea what the devs want.

Also you cannot make a petition here without taking into account those who disagree, your 'If you don't agree go suck a lemon' at the beginning makes me more liklely to disagree with you simply because I don't like you than anything else. I don't think she should be a romance option because she is an apprentice and that is wrong. DS I can see abusing this relationship, but not LS. And I don't care how many other classes can abuse it.

Also I love your green text. Does it make you feel special?

I actually thought that the most likely reason for not implementing romance for Jaesa was, that not every "jedi could fall" in this game, but then you can romance her on ds-character.

After that it feels that they just ran out of time to implement romance option for ls-side too.

Actually how is the thing implemented (don't spoil, describe please). PC and Jaesa behave like they weren't at all sexual beigns (or best buds) or you can try to flirt and such and she just (eventually) "shoots you down"?

What I'm then doing here in spoilers? Well this was one of the best Jaesa threads. Which I read at part very carefully :D

Edited by FINNT

I haven't played it myself, but form what I could gather you get one flirt option and then no more opportunities.

Thanks for reply. Played through acquiring Jaesa (which is pretty nice with light side sith, feels almost jedi masterlike -> take "high ground")

And this one flirt option is at the "debriefing" at ship and seems its tied to the dark side character dialogue tree.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow.. I never thought this thread would still be alive. :)

So it appears that though Jaesa is not a romantic character, she at least lets you "hop on" and make children with her. This conversation only happens if you do not indulge in Vette. The one I recorded on YouTube was after Vette and my character married, so Jaesa was discreet regarding my legacy.

However, recently I found out that she doesn't beat around the bush about having children with you as long as Vette isn't in the equation. It makes me wonder if after this happens, she will begin to feel an emotional bond. I try not to speculate, considering that continued companion conversations are probably the last things that are on BW's agenda .

Wait...wait...for a game about choices and making them matter, we want to take them away? o.O

Dunno where you've been for the past year but the whole "choices that matter" slogan became a poor excuse when the game's restrictions and linear paths pushed unwitting players into a dead end. Try constructive posts before delivering unneeded sarcasm. ;)

As stated in the Sith Warrior forums, Jaesa-Light is the only female companion who isn't romanceable. Attractive female companions in a Bioware game are NEVER celibrate. This was either an oversight, or the writer lined up a cruel joke.

Dunno where you've been for the past year but the whole "choices that matter" slogan became a poor excuse when the game's restrictions and linear paths pushed unwitting players into a dead end. Try constructive posts before delivering unneeded sarcasm. ;)

As stated in the Sith Warrior forums, Jaesa-Light is the only female companion who isn't romanceable. Attractive female companions in a Bioware game are NEVER celibrate. This was either an oversight, or the writer lined up a cruel joke.

Well yeah, most of the choices are linear. That's why I'd hate to see this one taken away. It's one that does matter. Go Dark Side, get the girl. Go Light Side, don't get the girl.

Also, Jaesa is romanceable, just have to be willing to be dark side. I wouldn't seperate Jaesa into two characters and then say she's not romanceable.

Straight from Hall Hood from a question I asked via Twitter:

"Jaesa-Light was very specifically written by @NeilPollner to not be romanced. She's trying to be a good Jedi."

It's not the answer that many people in this thread wanted, but it's an official response, and that's more than what we've gotten in a whole year regarding this. So I'm happy that Hall Hood was cool enough to respond with a direct answer.

/end thread

Straight from Hall Hood from a question I asked via Twitter:

It's not the answer that many people in this thread wanted, but it's an official response, and that's more than what we've gotten in a whole year regarding this. So I'm happy that Hall Hood was cool enough to respond with a direct answer.

/end thread

I don't see why this needed such an offical response honestly. obvious answer is obvious

What is obvious?

Do you mean that jedi don't get involved, except everyone else (that has more than one appearance) than Jaesa :D

Not all Jedi get involved. You get a couple Jedi companions who do, possibly tell on two Jedi's on Tython, and player characters who decide to go that way. Then you have all those other Jedi's who go "Sorry. One night stand sure, but no attachments" :p

It's a cruel joke.

There was chatter about what would happen with Jaesa-Light's final conversation if you do not romance Vette. I returned to this game a few weeks ago and made a Sith Warrior for legacy purposes. While leveling, I wanted to try this theory out. It appears the rumors are true.

If you do not romance Vette AT ALL, you will get an additional conversation options with Light Jaesa during her final conversation with you. Below is the youtube video I quickly made for those who never saw this before:

• 3 weeks later...

FemHawke had Sebastian in DA2 and Male Sith Warrior have LS-Jaesa in SWTOR. Welcome to the club, we can have a pity party perhaps.