Gear Upgrade arrows are a down arrow for me

Aberd

Although I like the concept of the arrows to indicate armor that is an upgrade, the functionality is a fail for me.

1) It only takes one + stat to get an arrow

2) Gear for a different spec (dps vs tank for example) is causing confusion

If this is truly desired, then an upgrade needs to have multiple + stats of a decent amount, not just an improvement in iLVL (268 vs 270).

Also, maybe mark items relative to their intended spec/discipline. This would actually make things easier for some people that are easily confused by the armor naming system to select and buy the proper gear. For those of us that run dual specs, this can help us quickly confirm we are wearing the intended gear.

They still have to do some spec adjustments to the drops.

My experience it favors high power more than anything. Favors accuracy over every thing else. so those are side grades if not all stats go up.

For leveling your gear do not worry too much about stat balance. once you are near 306 start looking closer at your stats. my goals are 1593ish accuracy and as close to over 3200 alacrity for 1.3gcd. 1347 gives my sage a 1.39 cast so that is close to the 1.4 gcd. So I can see running the 1,4gcd more than the 1.3gcd.

Still need to figure out the new soft cap for crit. I assume around 3000 as well.

I think I'm posting in the right thread:

Dear devs,

I play since beta phase. Without a break. Veteran gamer for over 3 decades. Please note:

I DO NOT get this new gearing system.

My character sheet icon in the menu is blinking yellow all the time. Apparently, it's because I have one green armguard item in my inventory with an arrow up, indicating the gear is better.

However, I am wearing 252 gear and this green 270 gear is SO MUCH worse than my current gear. The rating is like this:

+68 armor

-151 mastery

-179 endurance

-182 power

-96 critical rating

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT'S GOING ON!!!

And yes, I'm shouting, so that you hear me. What is this shenanigan? Will this happen all the time in-game after 6.0? This is annoying and irritating. It makes absolutely no sense to me. Why do you think this is a good idea? What does it achieve? What does it help? Did anyone have problems with gear before now? Were there complaints about it? I DON'T GET IT.