Location of Modifications

Assuming you are level 50 - just follow the quests to Ilum and Belsavis after finishing your story.

There you will be able to do close to 20 daily quests altogether, granting one (3 for the heroics) daily commendation each, enabling you to rade them for the "placeholder" armoring/barrel/hilt 23.

Since you are talking about your pvp gear, there is no (intended) way to use them for your items, and even if you circumvented the restriction, you'd lose out on the expertise.

BUT the heroic quests grant you mods and enhancements, equivalent to the highest craftable ones, i.e. "placeholder" mod/enhancement 22 (though one on Belsavis gives you an orange companion weapon "only").

So there you go.

Edited by wtfnonamefree

The expertise is in the armoring mods which you don't have 'legal' access to. I'm speaking of the mods and enhancement slots. (PvP weapons aren't moddable)

Thanks for everything else though you've been a big help, i just thought ilum was for that awful pvp zone

My PvP gear is poorly itemized and I was wondering if you PvE folks have access to the mods, the ones from the corellia vendor aren't any good.

Do I have to wait for cybertechs to level up and purchase them off the GTN?

Just not sure where to look

Side note, I'm not sure what you mean by "poorly itemized". With PvP gear you have 3 choices. For Imperial Agent, it's "Enforcer" (Operative DPS), "Field Medic" (Operative Healing), and "Field Tech" (Sniper). You have to scroll down on the vendor to see all 3 choices. You can use any piece you want, but the set bonuses are usually AC-choice/spec specific.

To answer your question, though, Mod levels work as follow (lowest to highest):

1) Cybertech Mods, suffix is 22, displays inside a piece as 49

2) Daily Commendation, Centurion, Tolesi, suffix is 23, displays inside a piece as 51

3) Champion, Columi suffix is 24, displays as 56

4) Battlemaster, Rakata, suffix is ??, displays as 58

Cybertech mods are worthless, don't wait for them to get any better.