Developer Update: Class Changes and Balance in Game Update 1.4

CourtneyWoods

With all due respect, I think turning my ranged dps Bounty Hunter's CC into a MELEE goes against everything that was set up for it's class and story line. I do not PVP and I'm not interested in it. I'm here for the story progression, my guild, and to be able to solo my dailies when no one is around to help. I can see how non BH PVP players would love to nerf the BH CC...however, it is a huge debilitation for PVE. My BH is still stuck in chapter 3 (known bug for almost a year know with no fix in site per customer service) and unload still gets stuck. Yes, you can hit recharge/reload but, it still allows a BH to get a hit while dealing with it.

Can't you guys at least change it back in the PVE experience...where there are multiple targets to deal with? Thus far, it seems like the entire game is starting to cater to the PVP. I have been with the game since the start and even beta tested it. I looked forward to it's release just like everyone else.. Surely there's room for players like me, right?

I hope so cause I really like the ranged DPS class but, getting ready to go find a game that sticks to what the story of the game is all about. :(

Edited by Siobhan_DN

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading the blog again, I can say that Bioware doesn't understand pvp at all. "We’ve also made adjustments to the Resolve system in Game Update 1.4. We’ve adjusted the gain logic of Resolve such that simultaneous and overlapping control effects no longer linearly add together their Resolve gain values. Instead, using a crowd control ability on an already controlled target now applies reasonable Resolve gain values by comparing the incoming control effect to the greatest of existing control effects." So now the resolve bar will take even LONGER to fill up so chain stunning will be even more prevalent then it is now. The bottom line is that it is WAY to many CCs / stuns in this game. They call this improving the resolve system allowing more stuns to occur before your resolve system fills up... I believe that they honestly don't know *** they're doing.

The class changes aren't that bad.

Mercs / Commandos are getting a well deserved and much needed buff. They were the only class without an interrupt which was quite unfair. I'm glad that Bioware is buffing the dps trees to make Mercs/ Commandos more viable giving them more kiting capabilities increasing their survival; immbolizations etc.

The Sorcerer buffs are intriguing (my main). The force speed reduced CD is great and all but this this vastly increases our survivability (from a healing standpoint) ten fold being able to kite even better then we can now. Honestly, I don't think it was needed it. The instant heal is something we've never quite had (resurgence purpose is only to enhance other abilities). A 30 second CD is reasonable I guess because it's not something I believe we need. FADEOUT- now this talent is a GIFT FROM GOD. Being rooted when you force speed not being able to widen the gap between you and your attacker / attackers to escape can easily result in your doom lol. This prevents carnage marauders ravage, snipers knock back and leg shot, and Lightning Sorcs knock back (it could be a few others I'm forgetting). This move is amazing but ALSO COMBINED with having a 20 second force speed CD is having WAY too much mobility IMO. The 10 yard electrocute nerf sucks imo. We are a ranged class and if our interrupt jolt can reach a target, so should our electrocute. I can't say much about polarity shift because that doesn't change the state of sorc dps. Backlash will be annoying.

For the people complaining about the Merc/ Commando and Sorc/Sage knockback nerf, it's NOT hard to MOUSE turn. With all these classes having a 360 AOE knockback unintentionally making good plays was whack. Turn around to knock back, it's not difficult.

So far, overall over the course of my 9 month tenure. I've seen Bioware drive this game into the dirt patch after patch. They are taking the opposite steps to actually fix this game and after reading the resolve changes, I can confirm that they don't have a *********** clue.

What they need to do:

1. First and foremost, fix the hero engine so we can finally have smooth and gameplay instead of this choppy mess.

2. Add a diminishing return system like WoW (before trying to balance classes) so this game won't be STUNwars.

3. After the hero engine is fixed and this game can take mass amounts of ppl in the same area unlike Ilum, implement world pvp with APPEALING incentives and some type of 5 v 5 arena or smaller group based pvp ranking system that requires less then 8 ppl to get an organized group.

4. Give pvers whatever it is that they need. This is the first mmo where I haven't been interested to get into organized raids. Something is just missing and it blows imo.

COOL STORY INC:

Instead of directly trying to fix the known problems, Bioware is trying to get more subs going F2P. They need to worry about fixing the game 1st and patch after patch, I fail to see how they plan to improve. I've watched this game for 3 years waiting for it to come out believe in all the EA hype hoping it dethroned WoW because I wanted a breathe of fresh air. EA rushed the game out during the highest point of hype to generate the max amount of revenue and tossed this game out for release before the hero engine was finished and this game is still suffering from that.

From a pvper stand point, ONE BILLION warzones were played during the 1st month of the game. I'm not saying leave pvers in the dust but THAT is your money right there. Each patch they left pvpers in the dust. 1.1, Ilum was already horribly designed trading nodes and aoe fest as world pvp. They took that from us completely and now we have no world pvp period )not to mention the hero engine couldn't handle Ilum). 1.2 they falsely promulgated ranked warzones. They pulled ranked warzones from the patch 6 hours before it went live. LOADS of ppl who quit the game came back JUST for ranked. How in the world can can these professional developers find out SIX hours before the patch that major content isn't ready for launch?? In that time frame between though two patches, over 500k ppl quit. Pretty sure a lot of them were pvpers.

I try to be optimistic about this game and hope it makes a turn around. I DO openly bash this game but it's out of resentment because of the level of disappointment I have went through. I've stuck around this long but they seem to continually go in the wrong direction and the resolve changes are just plan retarded. I can't even believe that they posted that up as if it was really an improvement and they are professionals... If any game could of dethroned WoW, it was this game. Star Wars has the largest fan base of any franchise in the world and EA along with Biowares horrible decision making seems to continue to drive this game into the dirt.

After reading the blog again, I can say that Bioware doesn't understand pvp at all. "We’ve also made adjustments to the Resolve system in Game Update 1.4. We’ve adjusted the gain logic of Resolve such that simultaneous and overlapping control effects no longer linearly add together their Resolve gain values. Instead, using a crowd control ability on an already controlled target now applies reasonable Resolve gain values by comparing the incoming control effect to the greatest of existing control effects." So now the resolve bar will take even LONGER to fill up so chain stunning will be even more prevalent then it is now. The bottom line is that it is WAY to many CCs / stuns in this game. They call this improving the resolve system allowing more stuns to occur before your resolve system fills up... I believe that they honestly don't know *** they're doing.

The class changes aren't that bad.

Mercs / Commandos are getting a well deserved and much needed buff. They were the only class without an interrupt which was quite unfair. I'm glad that Bioware is buffing the dps trees to make Mercs/ Commandos more viable giving them more kiting capabilities increasing their survival; immbolizations etc.

The Sorcerer buffs are intriguing (my main). The force speed reduced CD is great and all but this this vastly increases our survivability (from a healing standpoint) ten fold being able to kite even better then we can now. Honestly, I don't think it was needed it. The instant heal is something we've never quite had (resurgence purpose is only to enhance other abilities). A 30 second CD is reasonable I guess because it's not something I believe we need. FADEOUT- now this talent is a GIFT FROM GOD. Being rooted when you force speed not being able to widen the gap between you and your attacker / attackers to escape can easily result in your doom lol. This prevents carnage marauders ravage, snipers knock back and leg shot, and Lightning Sorcs knock back (it could be a few others I'm forgetting). This move is amazing but ALSO COMBINED with having a 20 second force speed CD is having WAY too much mobility IMO. The 10 yard electrocute nerf sucks imo. We are a ranged class and if our interrupt jolt can reach a target, so should our electrocute. I can't say much about polarity shift because that doesn't change the state of sorc dps. Backlash will be annoying.

For the people complaining about the Merc/ Commando and Sorc/Sage knockback nerf, it's NOT hard to MOUSE turn. With all these classes having a 360 AOE knockback unintentionally making good plays was whack. Turn around to knock back, it's not difficult.

So far, overall over the course of my 9 month tenure. I've seen Bioware drive this game into the dirt patch after patch. They are taking the opposite steps to actually fix this game and after reading the resolve changes, I can confirm that they don't have a *********** clue.

What they need to do:

1. First and foremost, fix the hero engine so we can finally have smooth and gameplay instead of this choppy mess.

2. Add a diminishing return system like WoW (before trying to balance classes) so this game won't be STUNwars.

3. After the hero engine is fixed and this game can take mass amounts of ppl in the same area unlike Ilum, implement world pvp with APPEALING incentives and some type of 5 v 5 arena or smaller group based pvp ranking system that requires less then 8 ppl to get an organized group.

4. Give pvers whatever it is that they need. This is the first mmo where I haven't been interested to get into organized raids. Something is just missing and it blows imo.

COOL STORY INC:

Instead of directly trying to fix the known problems, Bioware is trying to get more subs going F2P. They need to worry about fixing the game 1st and patch after patch, I fail to see how they plan to improve. I've watched this game for 3 years waiting for it to come out believe in all the EA hype hoping it dethroned WoW because I wanted a breathe of fresh air. EA rushed the game out during the highest point of hype to generate the max amount of revenue and tossed this game out for release before the hero engine was finished and this game is still suffering from that.

From a pvper stand point, ONE BILLION warzones were played during the 1st month of the game. I'm not saying leave pvers in the dust but THAT is your money right there. Each patch they left pvpers in the dust. 1.1, Ilum was already horribly designed trading nodes and aoe fest as world pvp. They took that from us completely and now we have no world pvp period )not to mention the hero engine couldn't handle Ilum). 1.2 they falsely promulgated ranked warzones. They pulled ranked warzones from the patch 6 hours before it went live. LOADS of ppl who quit the game came back JUST for ranked. How in the world can can these professional developers find out SIX hours before the patch that major content isn't ready for launch?? In that time frame between though two patches, over 500k ppl quit. Pretty sure a lot of them were pvpers.

I try to be optimistic about this game and hope it makes a turn around. I DO openly bash this game but it's out of resentment because of the level of disappointment I have went through. I've stuck around this long but they seem to continually go in the wrong direction and the resolve changes are just plan retarded. I can't even believe that they posted that up as if it was really an improvement and they are professionals... If any game could of dethroned WoW, it was this game. Star Wars has the largest fan base of any franchise in the world and EA along with Biowares horrible decision making seems to continue to drive this game into the dirt.

What your saying is ...

IF 1.4 nerfs you BW is wrong

IF 1.4 OP's you BW is Wrong /............

Gr8 post buddy .

Edited by Murder_Toys

What your saying is ...

IF 1.4 nerfs you BW is wrong

IF 1.4 OP's you BW is Wrong /............

Gr8 post buddy .

no, his post is outlining his opinions on what is important, yet not being addressed by developers.

and he has very valid points.

especially, the OW PvP, hero engine improvments, PvE incentives/content, and how this game has been out for 9 months and they have done little to improve it's performance, playablitiy, and RE-playability since beta.

reading comprehension is really a lost skill.

Time for everyone to roll stealth classes. They are already overpowered in pvp. Many would prefer pvp without stealth classes at all. But now they appear to be the only future option. Do you really think it is fun to get stunned to death without being able to fight back? So much fun that you want to give this “punk/coward” class even more power and options?

This whole thing just signals the end of my SWTOR subscription. I tried to hold on and remain loyal while they shifted to the F2P, in the hopes that the drive to capture the revenue possibilities and numbers that market would avail to the game MIGHT end up in quality improvements and sound decisions based on factual interpretations of actual player input and the relevant data generated by game play, but after reading this non-sense it seems that BioWare is just total off in the woods with no a phk'n clue of what they are doing, where they should be focusing their attention and what they should be working on. Maybe they'll endure a similar fate to LOTR or DDO and stumble / fall then stand up and take strides, but without a doubt it'll be minus my supporting $$$$. ><

such a shame too. . .. :mad:

Time for everyone to roll stealth classes. They are already overpowered in pvp. Many would prefer pvp without stealth classes at all. But now they appear to be the only future option. Do you really think it is fun to get stunned to death without being able to fight back? So much fun that you want to give this “punk/coward” class even more power and options?

No way. Read the blogs about Force Wave etc. I do very little damage, but I guess those in my class who play dps are very strong but they're supposed to be. As far as myself and some other stealths we are really struggling. I might last long as a stealth but I struggle to get over 150,000 damage in WH. With the right gear I might get 300,000. Not sure. but that's normal not overpowered.

Edited by NoaFlux

From my understanding from reading the post about the changes to CC, is that overlapping CC will not fill the resolve as it did in the past.

For example: 2 people use 4 second stuns at the same time. 4 second stuns fill the resolve bar 4/5 bars. Essentially stacking them both will automatically fill resolve. That was a very poor system. They're changing it to prevent overlapping stuns that fill resolve.

Now here is the question.

Difference between stun and incapacitate:

Stun means taking damage doesn't break the CC. Incapacitate breaks on damage

Stuns:

2second stuns (Ops(ops are 1.5s but fill resolve like 2sec)/assasins/Pts) fill the resolve bar 2/5 so you can stack 2 back to back and still not fill resolve.

3 sec stuns (Juggs/Mara) Not 100% sure but pretty sure it fills 3/5

4 second stuns Fill the resolve bar 4/5, almost all classes except jugg/maras have a STATIC 4 sec stun w/o having to spec or gear for it.

Incapacitate: break on damage

awes: 6 second

Cybertech: 4 seconds

Forcelift/whirlwind: 8 seconds

mindmaze/traqdart/sap: 8 seconds

Flashbang - 8 seconds

Merc/commando (can't remember the name, concussive....) - 8 second

Tele Sages bubble (3 sec)

The way the game is right now you can use two 2 second stuns and still not fill resolve and use a 4 second stun after that for maximum stun time. 8 Second stun Or you can use two 4 second stuns and have the same effect. 2 and 3 second stuns fill resolve as well as 3 and 4 second stuns. But overlapping stuns will yield a lower stun time. Usually a maximum of 4-5 seconds. 5 Seconds of stun usually mean a full resolve time. The exception to this rule is 2 vanguards with 3 second aoe stuns which only full resolve 2 bars.

So if someone is running around freely, they should recieve the FULL DURATION stun WITH the full resolve. But this is where it can become broken.

a) a 2 second stun overlapped by a 4 second stun, which takes precedence? Which take dominance? 6 seconds of stun should always fill resolve.

b)a 2 second stun overlapped with a 4 second stun 1 second after the 2 second stun was activated. If the 4 second stun takes precidence, does the resolve add like a 5 second stun and fill resolve?

I'd like to see the existing Stun take precedence while the 2nd stun is rendered useless.

But this next scenario would work better: In the case of a weaker stun followed by a stronger stun, I'd like to see something like this: The stronger stun takes precedence but only fills the resolve of the difference between the stuns. For example: An existing 2 second stun overlapped by a 4 second stun should only fill 2 bars. If a player is only stunned for 1 out of the 2 seconds before the 4 second stun was applied, then the 4 second stun should only add 3 seconds from that point and add the difference between the resolve bars, which is 2/5 for the total of 4 seconds as 2/5 bars is already in play with the preceding 2 second stun. Total stun time 4 seconds, total resolve 4/5.

There should also be a diminishing return on how much resolve is filled during a duration of a stun. The D/R should be EXTREMELY HIGH at the beginning of a stun, but SIGNIFICANTLY lower towards the end or at the end of a stun duration. If two people overlap stuns at the same time, the added resolve should be none or next to nothing. And as the stun duration continues, decrease the DR.

Also what are your plans on people overlapping incapacitates with stuns? like a flash bang and a stun simultaneously?

I do not understand the massive PvE QQ. From the perspective of a sorc healer, these changes look great. Corruption got a buff, lightning got a buff, madness got the smallest buff of the three. These arent even the patch notes and people are qq and threatening to quit.

grow up and act like adults, try it on the PTS, when it comes out and make your decisions.

Ok... Great.

And What about the Jedi Knight/Sith Warriors? Nothing about them?

Don't you plan to fix the Defense/immortal tree? No?

Ok... screw you bioware...

Every class has its change, but not these one. Why? Your new guardian slash is completly ******, and is not even on par with the Zaelous leap or the Overhead Slash, it costs too much, does low damage, and has a higher CD than OS with vigilance.

Damn! This skill should be the most ****** skill in defense tree since it's the tier 7, the ultimate f*cking skill, and everyone is giving it up for...OS.

Edited by Tamareu

Interesting to see a lot of people talking about the Sorcerer heals and ************. But in reality the merc healers are still the most nerfed. Even with the changes. The changes will help especially adding slows for Mercs/Commandos. Sorcerers/Sage still have force speed which they can use to get away. Merc healers sorry no running away. So quit ************. Merc healers are getting a little better with some slow abilities and FINALLY an interrupt. Of course Merc/Commandos same problem just saying for the Scoccer/Sage ************ about the 120 degree cone. At least you run can and escape. Kind of like surviving a horror movie. I don't have to outrun the killer just you. Merc/Commandos will still get beat down while Scoccer/Sage can just run away and survive.

Interesting to see a lot of people talking about the Sorcerer heals and ************. But in reality the merc healers are still the most nerfed. Even with the changes. The changes will help especially adding slows for Mercs/Commandos. Sorcerers/Sage still have force speed which they can use to get away. Merc healers sorry no running away. So quit ************. Merc healers are getting a little better with some slow abilities and FINALLY an interrupt. Of course Merc/Commandos same problem just saying for the Scoccer/Sage ************ about the 120 degree cone. At least you run can and escape. Kind of like surviving a horror movie. I don't have to outrun the killer just you. Merc/Commandos will still get beat down while Scoccer/Sage can just run away and survive.

Sorcerers were not spending enough time hiding in holes waiting to die and in fact were dying on their way to the hole. To correct this bug we have allowed them to run more often. We are even giving them a self heal that will allow them to live long enough to reach the hole where they will die since viewers complained that the game did not currently conform to modern horror film archetypes.

Edited by Darth_Philar

Hey everyone - thanks for your feedback on the classes blog! We're reading your questions and concerns and will work on getting answers to some of the common ones. Today I spoke to Austin Peckenpaugh (Senior Designer) and Rob Hinkle (Senior PvP Designer) about the changes to Resolve in relation to coordinated and uncoordinated teams, which many of you have questions or concerns about.

First of all, please do keep in mind that reading about changes and experiencing them can be different. We are looking forward to your feedback once you've had some time to see these changes when the PTS becomes available!

In the live game, being affected by two stuns simultaneously only controls you for 4 seconds, but it gives you full Resolve. To be plain, this makes escaping a rampaging melee player very, very difficult. It's directly related to concerns we see regarding overpowered melee and them being inescapable. Going immune after only 4 seconds of control strongly favors the one being controlled.

What this change actually does is make "wasted" control not build extraneous Resolve. Once this change goes live, two well-coordinated players will not be able to control a target for any longer than they ever were able to before. In the live game and after this change, the optimal control strategy is and will continue to be "player B uses his control after player A's control has worn off." The only change is that two uncoordinated players aren't unduly and additionally punished for wasting their control.

Consider the following examples under the new system:

ex. A: Player A stuns the target for 4 seconds. 1 second after the stun is applied, player B stuns the same target for 4 seconds. The target is controlled for a total duration of 5 seconds.

• Player A stuns the enemy for 4 seconds | effective control duration = 4 seconds | enemy gains 800 Resolve
  • 1 second later, player B stuns the same enemy for 4 seconds | effective control duration = existing 4s + new 1s = 5 seconds | enemy gains 200 Resolve
  • Enemy gains a total of 1000 Resolve for being controlled for 5 seconds
  • Resolve gain rate = 200 per second of stun

ex B: Player A stuns the target for 4 seconds. 4 seconds after the stun is applied, player B stuns the same target for 4 seconds. The target is controlled for a total duration of 8 seconds.

• Player A stuns the enemy for 4 seconds | effective control duration = 4 seconds | enemy gains 800 Resolve
  • 4 seconds later, player B stuns the same enemy for 4 seconds | effective control duration = existing 4s + new 4s = 8 seconds | enemy gains 800 Resolve
  • Enemy gains a total of 1600 Resolve for being controlled for 8 seconds

Consider those same examples under the old system:

ex A: Player A stuns the target for 4 seconds. 1 second after the stun is applied, player B stuns the same target for 4 seconds. The target is controlled for a total duration of 5 seconds.

• 1 second later, player B stuns the same enemy for 4 seconds | effective control duration = existing 4s + new 1s = 5 seconds | enemy gains 800 Resolve
  • Enemy gains a total of 1600 Resolve for being controlled for 5 seconds
  • Resolve gain rate = 320 per second of stun

ex. B: Player A stuns the target for 4 seconds. 4 seconds after the stun is applied, player B stuns the same target for 4 seconds. The target is controlled for a total duration of 8 seconds.

• 4 seconds later, player B stuns the same enemy for 4 seconds | effective control duration = existing 4s + new 4s = 8 seconds | enemy gains 800 Resolve
  • Enemy gains a total of 1600 Resolve for being controlled for 8 seconds

The only difference here is that the enemy is never treated to undue Resolve gains. Resolve gain always matches the amount of absolute control time. Two coordinated players can control a target as long as ever, but no longer than ever before.

Stun Wars - The Slow Republic becomes even more true!

This game needs MOAR STUNS DEFINATELY... since there are still people loggin' /facepalm

Ever have a Stealthkiller pop in behind you while you're working on the mobs in Denova? No? Guess not. Try it sometime.

Ever have a Stealthkiller pop in behind your healer who's 20m away in Denova? Try your electrocute .. no DPS while you run (as a Ranged DPS) to stun him to give your healer a break. Some mobs don't have Agro Tables, so saying the Tank needs to take care of it is BS. After all, Opreations ARE Teamwork.

Nice to see you play a Sorcerer and a Sage :rolleyes:

That's a gamebreaking scenario you got thar that I'm sure happens all the time and effects us all, every single night. Force Wave should not be changed just for that one gamebreaking scenario you described. lol

Fail. Try again.

Querstion directed at Timias:

Ever have a Stealthkiller pop in behind you while you're working on the mobs in Denova? No? Guess not. Try it sometime.

Ever have a Stealthkiller pop in behind your healer who's 20m away in Denova? Try your electrocute .. no DPS while you run (as a Ranged DPS) to stun him to give your healer a break. Some mobs don't have Agro Tables, so saying the Tank needs to take care of it is BS. After all, Opreations ARE Teamwork.

Nice to see you play a Sorcerer and a Sage :rolleyes:

you should probably tell your bounty hunters to take their heads out of their *** and learn to use their stealth scan at 20% then.

First off, I'd like to state that my sole interest is for this game to thrive. I love the Star Wars environment and this is the first MMO that my wife has played with me, so for those two reasons I truly wish that BW will start paying more attention to the legitimate needs of the player base. The sad truth is that more baddies take the time to post on the forums than decent players do, mostly because they're upset that they're bad. They try to blame getting owned on a "poor class balance" and so-on. This is a sad truth that I wish good players would fix by taking the time to give good, analytical and intelligent feedback on the forums.

Now, about the updates. Deception/Infiltration definitely needed a buff to be more competitive, so I appreciate the change in this area, but Madness/Balance could use a small bone as well. Being an infiltration shadow, I'm excited about the change even though I have to admit that I think the changes in their current state will make us slightly OP when used correctly in PvE and PvP both. I also LOVE the change to our survivability.

Another AC that needs some attention is the Guardian Tank. Their threat gen is still hurting slightly. I like where their damage sits with the abilities right now, from a PvP stance as well as PvE, so a possible solution would be to give a threat gen boost to Bladestorm, as it is a necessary tanking ability anyway. Just a suggestion though.

Personally, I like where sage healing is and I like the addition of the self-heal. I also like that the knockback is being changed to frontal cone. The sage/sorc class has immense healing ability, and any healer that complains about not being able to heal themselves through 5 people beating on them is simply rediculous. No single healer should be able to survive through that. Survivability as a sage/sorc healer is fairly dependent on a competent tank and dps that will kill those trying to kill you. The frontal cone will require additional player skill to make proper use of, so I look forward to the opportunity to stand out by using it properly once I've mastered it.

There is, however, one change I'm severely unhappy with. Making it so that Slingers and Snipers have the only 30m cc is rediculous. Melee will now be hopeless in sight of them without something to LoS with. This is a sizable oversight on your part that I'm personally highly disappointed with.

An area that I have to agree with many of the posts in this thread is PvP vs. PvE changes. Too many changes are being made based solely on the PvP experience. Your player-based that stays for the PvE is shrinking, and the current target of your changes will only cause the rate of decay to increase. Please think more carefully about the target of your future updates.

To all of you that wish for an entire ops full of one class type to be able to function as well as a diversified ops, you're being rediculous. If you want each class to be able to do the same thing, the game will lose many of it's unique qualities and it will quickly decline further.

Edited by Talaxinn

[...]

2. Unnatural Preservation / Force Mend

So... you're granting healers another heal, another button to press with an extremely specific scope...

A healer in trouble is generally GCD limited more than anything else, how exactly does this help?

[...]

If a healer in trouble really is generally GCD limited more than anything else, then i suppose what you are saying is true. How will it help?

However, one way healers can get into trouble is to run out of Force, in which case this free ability would come majorly in handy.

First off, what armor is that Sorc wearing?

The Sorc upgrades/downgrades are interesting, in some cases, I can see the cone being useful for PvE with crowd control, but on the other hand, like every one else has been saying, when i'm swarmed with mobs, I kind of rely on that to give me some breathing rooms, maybe make them two separate ability's? Cone having maybe more damage in the limited radius, then have the 360 do less damage, maybe? And this is just an idea, probably better off when they raise the level cap, but still throwing it out there, the Power tech/Vanguards ability, can't remember what they are called, but the ones that launch you at the target, with PT, it's through the jet pack, but those ability's, after you launch, you leave a trail of plasma/fuel (just using examples) and the trail stays for x amount of seconds, and can either damage anyone who walks through, reduce movement speed, or paralyze for the duration. Just an idea.

Thank you for this response. It's very informative.

I now understand that BioWare views the ability to be stun-locked-killed to be 'working as intended.' This is very helpful information because it explains why class balance has gotten worse, not better, since launch. It also tells me that I cannot expect that class balance will ever improve because the SWTOR developers do not understand PvP.

Thank you for explaining this to me. I am now in a better position to decide when to unsubscribe from SWTOR.

Yeah. Pretty much. I play one of those classes that keeps players stunned forever and I know it isn't fun. People keep saying that the resolve system works and we need to stop QQing. Well. Now I know they were right. It was working as intended that I would only see my resolve bar full and cooling down when I was in the re-spawn area. I really have to say thank you to Allison for clarifying that for me that it is working as intended.

Have fun in Stun Wars: The Uncontrolled Republic. I held out faith after the NGE that the game would get better and it never did. I refuse to make the same mistake here.

First off, what armor is that Sorc wearing?

The Sorc upgrades/downgrades are interesting, in some cases, I can see the cone being useful for PvE with crowd control, but on the other hand, like every one else has been saying, when i'm swarmed with mobs, I kind of rely on that to give me some breathing rooms, maybe make them two separate ability's? Cone having maybe more damage in the limited radius, then have the 360 do less damage, maybe? And this is just an idea, probably better off when they raise the level cap, but still throwing it out there, the Power tech/Vanguards ability, can't remember what they are called, but the ones that launch you at the target, with PT, it's through the jet pack, but those ability's, after you launch, you leave a trail of plasma/fuel (just using examples) and the trail stays for x amount of seconds, and can either damage anyone who walks through, reduce movement speed, or paralyze for the duration. Just an idea.

That effect could be auto-slow on all affected targets. That would have been really helpful considering that we often use FW while kiting, to make sure the target stays behind us.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=528795 - Views specifically on the Force Wave / Overload changes (in terms of PVP).

I can't say I use Force Wave very much in PVE. For me as a Balance Shadow, its probably just an extra interrupt when doing the dailies.

The problem however with it becoming a 120 degree frontal cone is the easy at which it can be countered in PVP. There's now 240 degrees which can be utilised by melee DPS as a safe zone. Competent and smart melee DPS already don't come charging at you from the front, they come in from the side and the back to blindside you. Yes you can turn to face the cone, but simple decoy tactics and positioning counters can be employed against a 120 degree cone. Its also strange that some mention that skill when it comes to aiming an instant cone, as opposed to a simple 360 degree with delay. The ability delay already needed skill to use and time properly. Aiming and timing are apples and oranges really.

Lore wise, Force Wave / Force Repulse is a 360 degree ability, so limiting it to just 120 degrees does warrant a name change to like Force Arc and a redesign of the ability tile.

We get it; most of us can comprehend basic math. However, this change still RESULTS IN MORE STUNS, that are able to be applied to your character.

Being chain stunned and killed requires NO skill, and promotes a very frustrating environment. If you want to fix the wrecking DPS of a certain class.... FIX THE CLASS, and lower stun times.

Hey everyone - thanks for your feedback on the classes blog! We're reading your questions and concerns and will work on getting answers to some of the common ones. Today I spoke to Austin Peckenpaugh (Senior Designer) and Rob Hinkle (Senior PvP Designer) about the changes to Resolve in relation to coordinated and uncoordinated teams, which many of you have questions or concerns about.

First of all, please do keep in mind that reading about changes and experiencing them can be different. We are looking forward to your feedback once you've had some time to see these changes when the PTS becomes available!

In the live game, being affected by two stuns simultaneously only controls you for 4 seconds, but it gives you full Resolve. To be plain, this makes escaping a rampaging melee player very, very difficult. It's directly related to concerns we see regarding overpowered melee and them being inescapable. Going immune after only 4 seconds of control strongly favors the one being controlled.

Edited by BlackSpin

Just make it work different in PVP, or create a new ability that only works in PVP and disable the other ones in PVP.

Wave and Stealth are iconic early specials that can not be modified. You might as well remove lightsabers. Wave is a 360 degree special and stealth works as a quick in and out ability. That is how it is in most games that have a stealth mechanic and that is how it should work here.

Thats only for PVE...the PVP changes make sense, although reducing the range on the stun seems to be a bit...odd. At any rate you just cant do it.

Its not that you want to and will...you cant. Its an iconic ability. You cant just change iconic abilities and expect your majority playerbase to be fine with it. Its a silly move. One that will likely cost you more than you gain.

Stop making these kind of silly decisions. Enough already with trying to destroy your own game. Its time to get with the program.