So here are all 12 members of the council during the game time?

Slowpokeking

Darth Marr

Darth Ravage

Darth Mortis

Darth Vowrawn

These 4 showed up in the end of SI/SW storyline, Vowrawn also helped the SW character in Corellia.

Darth Thanaton

Replaced by the SI character at the end of the story line.

Darth Vengean

Replaced by Darth Barras

Darth Acharon

Darth Hadra

Darth Deciums

These 3 can be killed in the Republic's Corellia main storyline.

Darth Arho

Can be killed in the Republic Flashpoint.

Darth Arctis

The only one who didn't show up in the game, she was only mentioned in the codex.

Darth Jadus/Darth Zhorrid

Depend on the player's path.

Edited by Slowpokeking

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darth Vengean

Replaced by Darth Barras and the SW character at the end of the story line.

^^ Wrong, way wrong. SWs are NOT dark council members we are above them. We are the Emporers Wrath. To put it simple it goes like this

Emporer > Wrath > Voice of the Emporer > Dark council > Council apprentices titled Darth > Lords > Apprentices > Acolytes

That is how it works from what i know. So neither the SW chars nor Baras are council members nor should we be. The position SWs would hold would be Darth Marr's position, the war and military leader. But like i said the Sith warriors are the emporers Wrath, for the most part we are his apprentice we do his bidding and kill in his name. Dont lump us with those silly little council members trying to kill each other :p

Darth Vengean

Replaced by Darth Barras and the SW character at the end of the story line.

^^ Wrong, way wrong. SWs are NOT dark council members we are above them. We are the Emporers Wrath. To put it simple it goes like this

Emporer > Wrath > Voice of the Emporer > Dark council > Council apprentices titled Darth > Lords > Apprentices > Acolytes

That is how it works from what i know. So neither the SW chars nor Baras are council members nor should we be. The position SWs would hold would be Darth Marr's position, the war and military leader. But like i said the Sith warriors are the emporers Wrath, for the most part we are his apprentice we do his bidding and kill in his name. Dont lump us with those silly little council members trying to kill each other :p

WOOKIEWIKI said Baras was one. I messed up with SW.

Emperor's Hand/Wrath can investigate or even execute the council members, but they got no power to decide the politics or lead the army. They are security polices.

Edited by Slowpokeking

If u believe everything wikipedia says your a fool, i can go say elmo is a dark council member...

Baras was the Voice, the voice dictates what the Dark council does.

The wrath is not the emporers police officer, we have authority over the dark council, hense why we can purge them if need be. Dont downplay our importance.

The point is: Baras was never a dark council member his master was. He was the Voice (though false) until the SW ended his charade.

If u believe everything wikipedia says your a fool, i can go say elmo is a dark council member...

The wrath is not the emporers police officer, we have authority over the dark council, hense why we can purge them if need be. Dont downplay our importance.

The point is: Baras was never a dark council member his master was. He was the Voice (though false) until the SW ended his charade.

The council decides the politics and military action, not the Emperor's hand/wrath.

With Emperor almost never show up, their power came from nowhere. The SW character could bring down Baras because there were council members who didn't trust him. Otherwise the 12 council members could easily blast the SW character to pieces.

I will try to gather more info about Baras' status.

Edited by Slowpokeking

OK I found these

http://db.darthhater.com/quests/626/power_play/

With our dismantling of Darth Vengean complete, I assume his seat on the Dark Council and return to Korriban.

http://db.darthhater.com/quests/6861/fanning_the_flames/

Darth Vengean has fallen, allowing your master, Darth Baras, to rise to his seat on the Dark Council. As a reward for your loyal service, Baras has granted you some personal time off.

http://db.darthhater.com/quest.aspx?id=698

Apprentice, it is customary to bow when in the presence of a member of the Dark Council.

These left no doubt that Baras became a member after we killed his master.

Edited by Slowpokeking

The council decides the politics and military action, not the Emperor's hand/wrath.

With Emperor almost never show up, their power came from nowhere. The SW character could bring down Baras because there were council members who didn't trust him. Otherwise the 12 council members could easily blast the SW character to pieces.

I will try to gather more info about Baras' status.

Baras lied and manipulated his way into a position he gained falsely. The Voice of the Emperor is a position given by the Emperor himself. Baras just decided to go up there during the Emperor's absence and say "Hey everyone, I am the voice of the emperor now." Of course much of the dark council figured he was full of ****, but really didn't have a way to determine whether he truly was. The Emperor didn't appreciate it at all hence why the Emperor's hand assisted the SW in doing away with Baras. Though I do wonder why the Emperor's hand didn't just contact the dark council members and tell them to do away with him.

Baras lied and manipulated his way into a position he gained falsely. The Voice of the Emperor is a position given by the Emperor himself. Baras just decided to go up there during the Emperor's absence and say "Hey everyone, I am the voice of the emperor now." Of course much of the dark council figured he was full of ****, but really didn't have a way to determine whether he truly was. The Emperor didn't appreciate it at all hence why the Emperor's hand assisted the SW in doing away with Baras. Though I do wonder why the Emperor's hand didn't just contact the dark council members and tell them to do away with him.

Actually some of the council members knew Baras was playing trick but they thought ally with him would gain more benefit and helped him. That's why he could play his trick for so long.

Even the Emperor's Wrath(SW character) needed to gain some other council member's help to take down Baras. It's all power play and Baras was not the most smart one.

Edited by Slowpokeking

All I'm going to say here is Vowrawn is the only Dark Council member who is a stand-up guy with the balls to oppose Baras.

Yeah, others mostly either support him or choose to do nothing.

I got no love of them except Jadus, too bad I didn't join him.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Yeah, others mostly either support him or choose to do nothing.

I got no love of them except Jadus, too bad I didn't join him.

Yep. As for Jadus and his daughter, both are a bit too twisted, even for Sith.... Seriously, there is something horribly wrong with that entire family. :p I believe both are based on Batman villains, in fact. Jadus has a Scarecrow type obsession with fear, and Zhorrid is like the Joker, only a lot less funny.

I wish Jadus and some of the others played more of a role. Jadus was said to be 2nd in power only to the Empire.

seems Malgus wasn't on the council but his power had to rival theirs?

I was kinda hoping for more from Vowrawn. he seemed rather weak for a Council member.

I wish Jadus and some of the others played more of a role. Jadus was said to be 2nd in power only to the Empire.

seems Malgus wasn't on the council but his power had to rival theirs?

I was kinda hoping for more from Vowrawn. he seemed rather weak for a Council member.

I was just wishing Vowrawn would have shown up earlier than he did. The guy is a riot! :D And as far as being weak, he was anything BUT weak. It's just that the other council members were united until we got there to confront ol' Tubby. Then as soon as they heard "Emperor's Wrath" and Baras got his *** handed to him, they cowered in fear and said they wouldn't want to piss off The Wrath.

Seriously, Vowrawn was the ONLY one that stood against Baras on the Council.

he was smart and cunning, but throughout Corellia he doesn't do anything. never showed any power.

I mean for a Dark Council member that had the guts to hide in a Republic base, why should those crappy assassins Baras sent bother him? I can undnerstand Draahg, but that merc? He should have easily been able to handle those.

So i was wrong about Baras' position, i admitted its been awhile i think it was a different thread thoug. But dont down play the wraths role. Im not saying if i say "Go attack the republic fleet" that they will jump on it. BUT if the council is trying to figure out whether or not to assault the republic fleet and the Wrath walks in and gives opinion the council recognizes and respects his/her authority and alters the discussion accordingly. The emporers wrath holds a position above all other sith, besides the emporer himself, so he/she may not make the final decision on a matter but his/her opinion greatly effects what the council does. Its the same way the Emporers Voice has a say in what happens, otherwise no one would have given a **** that Baras claimed to be the emporers voice...not even the emporer would have cared. Stop downplaying the importance of the hand.

Also dont Downplay their power either, the only sith on the council powerful enough to measure up to the wrath is the player character inquisitors. The rest of the council the wrath would wipe the floor with. To be honest im surprised the inquis chars werent made the VOice of the emporer, though i assume thats because the voice will be involved more in the SW story (true voice) later on.

But again i admit i was wrong about baras, i thought the council didnt accept him as his masters replacement for the potentiol of his involvement or somthing like that.

Edit: Oh and its 10 humans, 1 pureblood, 1 unkown. THe sith inquis characters race varys by player. it could be 11 humans, could be 2 purebloods who knows. only each player does :p

Edited by Tfranco

In addition in my opinion emperors voice, hand, whatever body part doesnt decide anything, he/she should only relay emperors will.

Edited by Karkais

Actually, you are both wrong. The Wrath does not have direct authority over the Council nor is he/she just some state sanctioned secret police. The Wrath can purge the Council, if the Emperor orders him/her to but he/she has no control over them at all.

The Wrath's function is to act as the Emperor's personal executioner and enforcer, he/she has power and is very dangerous but since he/she reports only to the Emperor, the Wrath exists outside the typical Sith power structure.

Paying a modicum of attention to the SW story would also tell you that Baras replaced Vengean on the Council after we killed Vengean for him.

Tfranco, I think you need to research what the Voice of the Emperor is. Technically it is a position, but the Voice is just a vessel to be used by the Emperor when issuing his commands or to fight with some of his power to keep his real body secure.

"The position required that an individual give up his body to the Emperor during a Sith ritual, becoming an extension of his will in the galaxy. Essentially, the Voice acts as regent to the Emperor, obeyed as the supreme master himself."

The Council knew Baras wasn't the real Voice because he didn't sound like the Emperor(the Voice always has the Emperor's voice, no matter it's current form) they just chose not to say anything because they lacked the power or they wished to ally with Baras and reap the benefits of him claiming to be the Voice.

The SW showing up and claiming to be the new Wrath gave them an out which is why they allowed the fight to happen, the SW wins and they could claim loyalty to the Emperor and they allowed the deceiver, Baras, to be killed; Baras wins and the biggest threat to the Council is dead,the Emperor is incommunicado and they can snatch up even more power.

Edited by Temeluchus

Actually, you are both wrong. The Wrath does not have direct authority over the Council nor is he/she just some state sanctioned secret police. The Wrath can purge the Council, if the Emperor orders him/her to but he/she has no control over them at all.

The Wrath's function is to act as the Emperor's personal executioner and enforcer, he/she has power and is very dangerous but since he/she reports only to the Emperor, the Wrath exists outside the typical Sith power structure.

Paying a modicum of attention to the SW story would also tell you that Baras replaced Vengean on the Council after we killed Vengean for him.

Already admitted my dumb about baras

But the council RECOGNIZES AND RESPECTS the wraths authority, like i said in my last post. They dont answer to the wrath but they respect him/her. Idk if i actually said they answer to him, its not what i mean. All im saying is he/she holds a position above the council. it doesnt mean they answer to the wrath. They respect his/her imput.

So i was wrong about Baras' position, i admitted its been awhile i think it was a different thread thoug. But dont down play the wraths role. Im not saying if i say "Go attack the republic fleet" that they will jump on it. BUT if the council is trying to figure out whether or not to assault the republic fleet and the Wrath walks in and gives opinion the council recognizes and respects his/her authority and alters the discussion accordingly. The emporers wrath holds a position above all other sith, besides the emporer himself, so he/she may not make the final decision on a matter but his/her opinion greatly effects what the council does. Its the same way the Emporers Voice has a say in what happens, otherwise no one would have given a **** that Baras claimed to be the emporers voice...not even the emporer would have cared. Stop downplaying the importance of the hand.

Also dont Downplay their power either, the only sith on the council powerful enough to measure up to the wrath is the player character inquisitors. The rest of the council the wrath would wipe the floor with. To be honest im surprised the inquis chars werent made the VOice of the emporer, though i assume thats because the voice will be involved more in the SW story (true voice) later on.

But again i admit i was wrong about baras, i thought the council didnt accept him as his masters replacement for the potentiol of his involvement or somthing like that.

Edit: Oh and its 10 humans, 1 pureblood, 1 unkown. THe sith inquis characters race varys by player. it could be 11 humans, could be 2 purebloods who knows. only each player does :p

Just to set some things straight. The Wrath does not command the Voice, nor does he command the council, he "polices" them but does not make any decisions otherwise. The Voice is a body under the control of the Emperor himself possessing some of his power, the Wrath is the Emperor's executioner, and while both the player and Lord Scourge are formidable in power they are nothing compared to the Emperor himself.

So the chain of command is Emperor > Voice > Hand* > Wrath > Council > etc.

*I put the Hands in there as well since they are too in a way possesed by the Emperor and are the ones giving you the player commands.

As for the council itself there is no prof whatsoever that the other members of the council could not defeat the Wrath or the SI in single combat, canon wise. Gameplay wise sure since we are supposed to win at the end, both Baras and Thanaton are beatable. But you cannot say that for example Darth Marr wouldnt mop the floor with either of them as well just as easily as the player does.

The SI is accepted because he/she showed to be more deserving of the council seat than Thanaton, who - and lets be honest with ourselfs - wasnt that scary powerful to begin with. And they bow before the SW because he is the Wrath, does not matter how powerful the SW is, messing with the Wrath or killing it would only anger the Emperor and have them replaced.

Just to set some things straight. The Wrath does not command the Voice, nor does he command the council, he "polices" them but does not make any decisions otherwise. The Voice is a body under the control of the Emperor himself possessing some of his power, the Wrath is the Emperor's executioner, and while both the player and Lord Scourge are formidable in power they are nothing compared to the Emperor himself.

So the chain of command is Emperor > Voice > Hand* > Wrath > Council > etc.

*I put the Hands in there as well since they are too in a way possesed by the Emperor and are the ones giving you the player commands.

As for the council itself there is no prof whatsoever that the other members of the council could not defeat the Wrath or the SI in single combat, canon wise. Gameplay wise sure since we are supposed to win at the end, both Baras and Thanaton are beatable. But you cannot say that for example Darth Marr wouldnt mop the floor with either of them as well just as easily as the player does.

The SI is accepted because he/she showed to be more deserving of the council seat than Thanaton, who - and lets be honest with ourselfs - wasnt that scary powerful to begin with. And they bow before the SW because he is the Wrath, does not matter how powerful the SW is, messing with the Wrath or killing it would only anger the Emperor and have them replaced.

The wrath answers only to the emporer, not the hand, not the voice, not the council, only the emporer. The only reason the hand guides the wraths actions in act III is because the emporer is indesposed aka fighting the JK.

When i posted what you call a chain of command its more a chain of power, the chain of command is way more complex.

The wrath is not some freaking police officer, we are the wrath and carry out the emporers will when the voice/council fails to do so. The council doesnt answer to the wrath, as ive said in alot of posts now, they RESPECT his input and authority, as much as a council member. The council only answers to the Voice who answers to the emporer, i think. If i remember right no one on the council has even met the emporer only the Hand, Voice, and Wrath.

You guys keep making the mistake of making a chain of command in the Sith power structure with the Wrath in it and above the Council. This isn't the case, the Wrath is off to the side in his own little power structure. He isn't above the Council in rank, because he doesn't exist in that power structure.

The Wrath answers to the Emperor who gives the Wrath his commands through either the Voice or his Servants/Hands. The Wrath is most likely in charge of or able to use the Imperial Guard divisions,who make it clear on Belsavis that they don't have to abide by the typical Imperial military chain of command.

This power structure would be off to the side in a typical chart explaining the chain of command while the Council would be in it's own chain directly under the Emperor and then the Voice, with the various other Sith and non Sith people,agencies,commands under them.

He reports directly to the Emperor and no one else. The Council could keep him in check in theory by complaining to the Emperor, who could either reel the Wrath in or tell the Council to go kick rocks. The Wrath can't influence or kill off the Council without direct orders from the Emperor unless he wants to get slapped down by the Emperor.

Edited by Temeluchus

The wrath answers only to the emporer, not the hand, not the voice, not the council, only the emporer. The only reason the hand guides the wraths actions in act III is because the emporer is indesposed aka fighting the JK.

When i posted what you call a chain of command its more a chain of power, the chain of command is way more complex.

The wrath is not some freaking police officer, we are the wrath and carry out the emporers will when the voice/council fails to do so. The council doesnt answer to the wrath, as ive said in alot of posts now, they RESPECT his input and authority, as much as a council member. The council only answers to the Voice who answers to the emporer, i think. If i remember right no one on the council has even met the emporer only the Hand, Voice, and Wrath.

And there you are wrong again. You fail to understand that the Voice IS the Emperor. The Emperor himself is outside of the known galaxy chilling somewhere, but he takes a body and uses it to do whatever the heck he wants, and that body is the Voice. He is in command of the Wrath. The Wrath does what the Voice/Emperor commands.

The Hand convey the wishes of the Emperor and serve him in a different way than the Wrath, but when the Voice was unavailable to direct you they did. This means if needs be the Emperor will command his Wrath trough them. Somewhere in the game its mentioned that they are connected to the Emperor constantly, thats how they know what the Emperor wants, they act as proxies.

And yes the Wrath is "some freaking police officer", the Wrath does only as the Emperor/Voice commands. He does not make any decisions for the council or for anyone else, the council does not have to respect his input because he does not give his input to the council, he is not there to do so. His authority they must respect, because if the Wrath shows up at your doorstep means someone is in deep sh#t, cause you managed to piss off the Emperor himself. Sith of all ranks used to piss themselfs when Scourge appeared somewhere.