Biochem 1.2 Nerf details inside

daMarek

Biochem

With BioChem being in a fairly good spot already, we are not making any major changes to the profession at this time. Some minor changes include producing an additional implant on a crafting critical, reclassifying 'Red Goo' as a Grade 6 Biochemical compound via Bioanalysis Missions and a new, special recipe for the creation of delicious Ice-Scrabbler Jerky...

[/Quote]

From http://www.swtor.com/blog/crew-skills-game-update-1.2

This means Biochem will not be able to produce Implants with Augment slots, which right now are a money maker.

What we are left with is selling medpacs and stims maybe once a week on raid night. Depends on server, but on some these sales can be very slow, and even more so in the future when more and more guilds are established with their dedicated crafters. Additionally, boss fights will be limited to 1 medpac use per fight.

Reusables will be phased out.

Biochemist will lose out on all gear drops they could sell to a vendor, because everyone with Armormech/Armstech/Synthweaving/Artifice is going to disassamble-need them.

All we are left with is

Ice-Scrabbler Jerky...

[/Quote]

Yuck!

UPDATE: This was a typo, you can still get augment slots in 1.2

The blog is incorrect, my fault. We'll update it.

You will still be able to crit on the creation of implants.

Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by daMarek

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and yet when seers all around except those who've actually played on the PTS have said their healing is now worthless.

when a player on the PTS has already proved that its actually more viable just slightly harder. what's written can read a lot differently than it plays. and you have NO IDEA what they have in store for the future of crew skills.

and yet when seers all around except those who've actually played on the PTS have said their healing is now worthless.

when a player on the PTS has already proved that its actually more viable just slightly harder. what's written can read a lot differently than it plays. and you have NO IDEA what they have in store for the future of crew skills.

Yup, normally when I see 1.2 nerf threads, regardless of what they are, I tend to ask, Have you tried it on the PTS yet?

Normally the answer is no. People are just throwing a fit about changes without trying them to see if they are as bad as they think they are listed.

So people, stop complaining. Get on the PTS and test these things for yourself to see what the changes really are.

So people, stop complaining. Get on the PTS and test these things for yourself to see what the changes really are.

Nothing to test when they're removing the only thing making Biochem worth a damn.

Edited by Asavar

Nothing to test when they're removing the only thing making Biochem worth a damn.

You could, you know, test biochem on PTR and see if he was making a typo by crafting a lot of implants on PTR and seeing if an aug slot will proc.

Because I really doubt they'll remove all the current implants with augment slots, and I'm pretty sure he just screwed up his typing.

Edited by Lemina_Ausa

What he said:

With BioChem being in a fairly good spot already, we are not making any major changes to the profession at this time. Some minor changes include producing an additional implant on a crafting critical, reclassifying 'Red Goo' as a Grade 6 Biochemical compound via Bioanalysis Missions and a new, special recipe for the creation of delicious Ice-Scrabbler Jerky...

What the actual patch notes say:

Biochem

The number of Exotech consumables created per craft is now displayed correctly in the crafting UI.

Biochemists can now reverse engineer all implants.

Values on tooltips for Rakata reusable stims and adrenals now match the buff correctly.

Ice Scrabbler Jerky, a cantina food item with powerful out-of-combat health regeneration effects, has been added as a Biochem recipe. This recipe can be learned by finding the schematic or by reverse engineering Ice Scrabbler Jerky found on Hoth.

Bioanalysis

The Red Goo item tooltip now appropriately identifies it as a Grade 6 Biochemical Compound. Level 49-50 Bioanalysis Missions now have a chance to reward Red Goo.

Anybody else willing to bet this is much ado about nothing, and simply slipped a line when reading the patch notes, and somehow combined the number created part with the implant part?

The number of Exotech consumables created per craft is now displayed correctly in the crafting UI.

Biochemists can now reverse engineer all implants.

into

Some minor changes include producing an additional implant on a crafting critical

Additionally, pretty much everything else in his blog, EXCEPT this one thing, is in the patch notes.

I'm not gonna be chasing ghosts here, ASSUMING he might have misspelled. So far the statement stands.

And remember the other big change: Biochems will no longer get random loot drops because everyone will RE-need everything. Same for cybertechs and... well thats it.

Gone are the times when I made 100k on GTN from a purple greed-roll.

He did not say, "rather then achieve an augment slot". If we are going to interpret could we not assume that you would get both an augment slot on your first item and a second implant?

Either way, the most important news coming out of this patch is as follows.

In related news, Balmorra Microprocessor Corporation has announced the discovery of a critical engineering flaw in the 'appreciation' subroutine of their bestselling 'Droid Vocal Response Chip' used on almost all ship maintenance droids currently available. The flaw is said to cause excessive expression of appreciation towards owners entering the proximity sensors of their Droids and is likely to blame for the sharp increase in escape pod related incidents around the galaxy over the last two months. A repair and replacement plan for the affected units has been devised and is said to take effect in the immediate future."

Who said it was "more" viable? I'm not necessarily doubting you, just haven't read that. Could you provide a link if possible?

I've read healing is still viable but more challenging...but that's not the same as more viable (which to me would imply an improvement in overall healing capability/capacity at the expense of being more challenging...if that's not how you're defining "more viable," than just let me know and ignore the request).

But I have not read any reports that 1.2 healing on PTS is better/more viable than current healing. Mostly it's about how it's not as bad as people think, it can still work, etc., etc.

If we are going to interpret could we not assume that you would get both an augment slot on your first item and a second implant?

Exactly, for all anyone who hasn't tried it on the PTS knows, THAT could be how it is done.

Biochem Crafter Crits on an Implant, gets Implant A W/ Augment Slot and gets Implant B W/O Augment Slot

It's best to not try and ease peoples minds about things like this. EVERY single mmo has those "the sky is falling" people that will complain about everything and anything. It's best to ignore them, let them go to their conspiracy theorists meetings and let them see how things fall on release.