Kil's art thread --- Reloaded ^^

Spartanash

All right, excellent! Do you have any preferences for details? I mean, do you want a couple of reference pictures and a name, or a full profile / set of screens?

Added pictures always help ^^ Makes my life a tad lot easier :3

I mostly need raw data on physical appearance and some info about the behaviour and characteristics of his/her personality as a whole ^^

That way I can figure out what would fit him/her perfectly in my opinion.

Ofc, I always keep contact with the owner of the character, so he/she can say if I'm off the track or on it with the ideas I've portrayed :D

Edited by Spartanash

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic ;)

I'll put my request here in a

Name: Na'sira Lybot

Class: Sith Inquisitor -> Assassin

Reference Pictures: http://i.imgur.com/htl88.jpg

Thankfully I imagine her appearance to be pretty much just as it's shown in the reference. Scrawny, but perhaps slightly longer lekku.

Clothing variation is for your personal preference. I would recommend, if using right-hand style, to apply the purple runic-like patterns to the top as well. May look snazzier!

Lightsaber is red, although could be yellow if you prefer. Her headcrest probably has a silver set piece rather than the murky rust-yellow it appears to be.

Personality: Manically (arguably insanely) cheerful, happy, energetic and fairly independant spirited. Capable of being serious, just... Not very often. She is also agile to match the energy and lack of brute strength.

Feel free to ask any questions or request extra detail!

... Did I remember to say that the stuff you'd done already was fantastic?

Very good stuff. I look forward to seeing how my request pans out, and yes, I will be patient - the list on the front page is fairly sizable. Moreso once updated.

Thanks in advance, though!

why isnt my request on your list :( sadness consumes me :(

Dont had time to refresh the list yet X) Doing it now since I'm posting a work anyways =)

And apologise ^^

NOTE: updated request board ^^

Edited by Spartanash

Ok peepz, here is the next commission work I'm workin on right now ^^

First WIP at least ;)

Jedi Knight, Guardian. Force Leaping into the face ^^ From the POV of a not-so-lucky Hutt who made the mistake to cross the Jedi ^^ Poor sod, well as the saying goes bigger they are the harder they fall. Here is it a bit literal, since Hutts are not really known to be slim :p

Without further ado, here is the pic itself ^^ (Yes, thats 2x Gamorrean piggies on the lower part =D xD)

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/061/f/0/commission___demise_wip_1_by_tanathiel-d4rhdst.jpg

That is one face I do not want to see coming at me like a ballistic missile.

Edit: I think you forgot the [/color] on your coloring BBCode on your updated request list, mon ami.

Just so you know :)

/facepalm

Sheesh, seems like I'm a scatterbrain today oO

Thanks for the heads up xD

Yup he is kinda pissed X)

The char as per the description HATES any type of slavery. Now... most hutts run slave rings :p I think this is kinda bad day for that Hutt XD

Edited by Spartanash

Hey there, are requests still closed? I would like a picture of my Gunslinger made, but if you are not taking requests, I am okay with that too.

Actually I could take requests more, but I already feel bad that I dont know when I'll be able to draw all these :/

But feel free to post your request, however I have absolutely no clue when I'll be making it X)

Actually I could take requests more, but I already feel bad that I dont know when I'll be able to draw all these :/

But feel free to post your request, however I have absolutely no clue when I'll be making it X)

All right, I can make an official request once I find that picture I have of him for reference.

Ahoy ppl

Sorry for the delay between WIPs ^^

But I think it was worth the wait

I'm trying out a bit more realistic style now and so far I really love it :3

The background is still "raw" but it will change in time ^^

The face is not final, the twi'lek pigment markings + scars still missing. Mostly done with the upper body ^^

I'll leave the lightsaber for last

Changed the clothing here and there so its more believeable since he jumps XD

Here is the pic ^^

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/067/2/3/commission___demise_wip_2_by_tanathiel-d4s4as2.jpg

Love it, amazing work! Every detail, especially the details of the face go together very well... wow :)

Would love if you'd paint a fighting scene for wallpaper 1900x1200 .. ;)

Actually you wont need to wait too long for that xD

I'll try to draw the next piece as such :3 True, I'd need to ask the commissioner if they (a couple :p) would want to see their characters in a battle or not xD

Hi there! :o

I love the art, but I have to post this because I think it *may* help...I don't know.

I can't paint for anything, but I do know a bit about photoshop! :D I'm not sure if you're more of a purist painter and refuse to use layers/blend modes/etc. but, you could use a bit of work on shading (especially skin).

Please don't hate me! I'm just trying to help! :(

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7199/6973163631_51ceb11627.jpg

There needs to be more colors in the skin tone shading, not just bright >>> dark. It looks as if the bright area on her shoulder was painted over and left at that. Like I said, I don't mean to be mean but I'm trying to help! :o

Your stuff is great though! Keep it up!

edit: Also my wife suggested that theres a mesh/sheer fabric covering her shoulder, if that's the case ignore me. :p

Edited by KiddieG

Hi there! :o

I love the art, but I have to post this because I think it *may* help...I don't know.

edit: Also my wife suggested that theres a mesh/sheer fabric covering her shoulder, if that's the case ignore me. :p

Heya :D

Nice to see somebody actually trying/willing to write a critique :)

Actually, its a bit similar as your wife said X) As you could see, all the other areas where the skin is visible, it is brigther (the hand + the face and the little part what you can see from the base of the neck/shoulder... duh, dunno how to call it in english XD).

Seems it would be more noticeable thats not body skin but a fabric if I'd put a little sharper highlight on it like I did on the thigh x)

Ah well :)

Still thanks a lot for pointing out ^^

I usually dont like to meddle with drawings I deemed finished. I usually keep in mind what mistakes I made so I try not to do them again =)

I try to improve with every drawing I'm making ^^ I still need to get used to colours tho ;) I'm working in colors only since one and a half year ^^; I was drawing in black and white before it for years xD

Edited by Spartanash

[...] and the little part what you can see from the base of the neck/shoulder... duh, dunno how to call it in english XD).

I believe you mean the collar bone and the area surrounding; at the base of the neck and just above the shoulder. :)

Oook guys :D

Sry for the late posting, the weekend was a total mess -.-"

Anyways, here is the next and most likely last WIP of the Jedi guy ^^

The stuff unfinished are kinda obvious ;) He still needs his facial markings done + lightsaber and whatnot, but I think it gone though a nice improvement :3

Ah, and if you zoom in a bit, you can see the Jabba the Hutt's clan symbol on the doorway (called Desilijic Clan) :p Yup, I love details :D

Here is the pic itself ^^

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/073/2/f/commission___demise_wip_3_by_tanathiel-d4sqaq0.jpg