Small compilation of advertised gear for Player Characters, that we didn't get

Alec_Fortescue

I will present a lot of official media from long and short before the game's release. I can honestly say that 80% of the PC armor shown is unavailable to us and many players, especially me, are very unhappy about it. Presence of only hood-up robes is a nightmare for someone who is seeking immersion into Jedi knight story and even casual role playing.

This little compilation will focus on Force users (Knight and Juggernaut) because robes are what is missing from the game mostly and considering the amount of untrue advertising it will be a long list. Will work on more later. Feel free to contribute.

Notes:

Class Trailers: they are obviously showing us what the class we can choose is able to wear. Those trailers advertise player classes, not npcs even though they are not gameplay videos.

Armor Progression Trailers: "Come and take a look! This is how you will look if you'll buy our game and play this certain class". That's true.

Screenshots: Hard to tell at times, but sometimes there is an indication that characters present in the screenshot are indeed player classes.

Jedi Knight:

Class Video:

Date uploaded on YT: Aug 13, 2010

Jedi Knight class is shown able to wear a set we know as a Jedi Battlelord gear. However this one has a hood down variant which is nowhere to be found.

Armor Progression:

YT upload: Mar 25, 2011 (only few months before the game's release!)

The only available piece from this video is the one from 1:47. The second gear set looks beautiful and I would love to wear it for the entire playthrough with my Guardian. The Guardian Renown armor is completely the same as this set regarding colour scheme and the model but it has added a disgusting set of oversized shoulder guards that completely break the immersion.

July Update: Final Guardian set from the video was added through cartel packs.

Dev Walkthrough:

Mar 16, 2011

Actual gameplay in which Knight is wearing a hood down armor not available to players.

July Update: Set added through cartel packs.

Join the Fight trailer, which is presenting available classes:

Jul 22, 2011 (!!!)

Jedi Knight is wearing, again, different Battlelord armor.

Game features:

Actual fragments of gameplay (cut scenes and conversations). Armor worn by the Knight is nowhere to be found.

Choose your Side - Knight v Bounty Hunter

Oct 7, 2011 (nearly before game's release)

Just feels sad watching it.

http://www.swtor.com/info/media/trailers/operation-terror-beyond

Don't start the video. Look at the party. What is the second guy on the left wearing? When you watch the video you can spot a Jedi Knight wearing beautifully colored Campaign/BH/DG/Hazmat armor which has white body armor, covered with brown cloth. So far, before TFB, only funny bee-like colors were available. Such color scheme is not available post 1.4 as well.

Screenshots (Many screenshots were removed from the website after it changed its look:

http://www.swtor.com/info/media/screens/hk-51 Just throwing this as a tease - nothing states Jedi here is a PC.

http://www.swtor.com/info/media/screens/eternity-vault-1 Again, no indication, but...

http://www.swtor.com/info/media/screens/eternity-vault-0 -- Perfect picture - who else than PCs can take part in operations? Notice the Jedi Knight afar?

Holonet:

http://www.swtor.com/holonet/classes/jedi-knight - Neither armor nor this hairstyle is available at this stage. Scroll down for pictures, each having armor not available to players.

http://www.swtor.com/holonet/classes/jedi-knight/sentinel - Armor not available

That's pretty much most of the media involving Jedi Knights. How many of those sets are available?

Last but not least: where the heck can we get this wonderful piece?! There is one instance in which our characters can wear it... But what's the reason of not putting it so we can get it afterwards? What's the point of teasing every single player that creates a Jedi Knight character and presenting him with a great set of armor which is not available at all! Very, very bad move! This armor should definitelly NOT make it into cash shop. Here it is, best looking Jedi Knight set in the game, imo:

http://postimage.org/image/wwdumgcxb/

Bonus: Datamining

These items ARE within the game and its files. Problems with sites like Torhead is that they mostly show Imperial icons for items. However they are simply unachievable to players. Making them obtainable is surely a very easy process. Even legendary Catch managed to hack the game and get himself a white crystal, because it existed within it. I am concerned that many of the items discovered by data miners will be available in the cash shop. Having to pay for something that was in the game for months doesn't really feel fair, does it?

http://www.torhead.com/item/jdSRNi/blademasters-cape Hood down, missing reward from Light Side vendor.

Unfortunately it is the only item with an obvious icon I was able to find, probably due to icons changing, depending on the side player is on.

I remember something was said about updating alignment vendor's assortment... That was said quite early on, if it was, when there was a talk about no rewards for neutral characters.

Sith Warrior

Class Video:

Warrior is wearing modified, lighter Tier 1 set.

Character Progression:

First armor for the Marauder is not available in the game. Same model, but purple colour, is classified as a heavy armor usable by Juggernauts. Second armor worn by Marauder is classified as heavy and unavailable in such colour scheme. Final Juggernaut armor is a modified medium Tier 1 set.

Join the Fight:

Sith Warrior is wearing a medium PvP Tier 1 set, unavailable in such colour scheme, with hood down and no awful spikes. Looks totally how every Sith would love to look like.

July Update: Chest piece added as Thana Vesh's outfit. Dyed black, with Battlemaster gloves it will give a similar, if not identical effect. Too bad dyes are so expensive.

Eternity Vault Dev Walkthrough:

Juggernaut has a helmet which is nowhere to be found.

July Update: Similar effect can now be achieved through dyes, I believe.

Holonet:

http://www.swtor.com/holonet/classes/sith-warrior

Good amount of armor sets shown on pictures is missing.

http://www.swtor.com/holonet/classes/sith-warrior/juggernaut - amazingly good-looking Tier 1 set. Medium chest piece with hood down and removed stim-injecting shoulder guards.

Gotta say that Juggernaut was far more accurate than Jedi Knight. Amount of missing Jedi Knight armor is appalling. It will be ridiculous to find it in the cash shop!

Sith Inquisitor

Because I have no Imperial high-level synthweaver, I had to guide myself by the item icons on the crew skill trainer.

Class Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdhQPA5tOzA&list=PLBDFD4F9A09B23766&index=6&feature=plpp_video

This armor model is not available to players. While similar models exist for hood up/hood down versions, this armor set is not available in this particular colour and it doesn't have the a tabard.

Character Progression:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L1wTWDjMRM&feature=BFa&list=SP158D256FAB540777

Uploaded just before release.

Should be mentioned that this video features Inquisitor using a purple-blade lightsaber even though it is not available before maximum level.

I failed to find the first Sorcerer armor in the particular colour scheme. Second Inquisitor armor is a tier 1 reskin not available with this particular texture set and the mask.

First Assassin armor set is not available with presented colour scheme. It is a common model (similar to what Revan wears) but each chest piece has a hood up.

Join the Fight:

Black variant is not available.

July Update: Can be obtained through cartel market dyes,

http://www.swtor.com/holonet/classes/sith-inquisitor

Set not available.

Pictures under Field Reconnaisance & Combat Tactics are rather accurate apart from the hood up, masked set and the very last picture featuring unattainable mask and a Tier 1 reskin.

That's it for the inquisitor. Rather scarce, I know. Inquisitor wasn't advertised as much as the iconic Jedi Knight.

Hope for the Future

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBMHwfs9v68&feature=plcp --- Coming up in the Old Republic shows many armor sets (especially Knight and Inquisitor) with a hood down feature. Let's hope it will make it as advertised.

<work in progress>

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get me started...the cool all white IA armor set shown being used by a player in one of those progression videos. Well, it doesn't exist ingame.

We'll get down to it eventually, time for some big awareness rising ;/ I seriously wanted to get my proper Jedi experience with the Old Republic so I am just crazy at this stage, because I pumped so much time, effort, hope and money into this game (and even merchandise) and Bioware!

Edit: Just watched the vid quickly, most of the armor is available to agents (only difference being the one with hood down). The all white armor looks almost like the Vendetta armor with that funky headpiece, which is not part of the set.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Don't get me started...the cool all white IA armor set shown being used by a player in one of those progression videos. Well, it doesn't exist ingame.

I think the absolute worst part was actually GETTING some of these super sweet sets in Beta and being like "OMG my guys wearing that and that and that..." and then game launches and like 95% of the custom gear is removed and their official line is "We're gonna release it slowly, like a faucet, through events and contests and blah blah blah..."

I think they've released about 12 new orange sets since launch. It's a pittance.

Afaik only belts and bracers were released for crafters and two recolours of existing chestpieces for End of Torvix. That's apart from legacy sets.

And legacy sets, sporting hood up for the Jedi and amazingly ugly, World of Warcraft-like shoulder guards. That's not what a Jedi would wear. Only class I am satisfied with, considering the Legacy gear, is Smuggler (black gunslinger's armor 0_o) and Warrior (capeless Malgus' armor).

If anyone cares and can be bothered to help in the compilation - I'll appreciate. I am satisfied with the looks of non-Force using classes and it's the Jedi who is really bothering me. I tried starting with Guardian twice. I dropped it at level 30 first, second time at level 18. I just cannot continue playing a Jedi that looks like a medieval monk at all times.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Actually, a number of these sets are actually in the game, it's just that they aren't modable sets, so no one will wear them for more than a couple of levels. They're uncommon and rare drops and/or are crafted.

I too would like to see modable versions made available.

:cool:

Edited by Blackavaar

Actually, a number of these sets are actually in the game, it's just that they aren't modable sets, so no one will wear them for more than a couple of levels. They're uncommon and rare sets and/or are crafted.

They're not, trust me on that. Not the versions presented in this thread. I actually had a run through GTN to see the green/blue/purple pieces. None of the sets i shown is available from Synthweaving (for a Jedi, don't have an Imperial synth so now I can't tell).

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

They're not, trust me on that. Not the versions presented in this thread. I actually had a run through GTN to see the green/blue/purple pieces. None of the sets i shown is available from Synthweaving (for a Jedi, don't have an Imperial synth so now I can't tell).

Run through a character that actually is a Synthweaver. I'm telling you, some of these sets are in there. No one bothers selling them on the GTN because no one buys them. So, you can't just go off what is listed there.

Also, remember the armors look different for the opposing faction.

And even so, it doesn't really matter because I agree, I would also like to see modable versions of these added to the game.

Edited by Blackavaar

Actually, a number of these sets are actually in the game, it's just that they aren't modable sets, so no one will wear them for more than a couple of levels. They're uncommon and rare sets and/or are crafted.

Sweet Cartel Coin item: Armor reinforcement. Consumable.

Reinforces a green, blue, or purple quality armor piece allowing the insertion of the appropriate mods for the item.

Reinforces a green, blue, or purple quality armor piece allowing the insertion of the appropriate mods for the item.

Sweet what what?

/confused

Edited by Blackavaar

That is a really nice idea. Wouldn't mind that. However they'd have to add a good lot of low quality items because the ones available are nothing like those shown in advertisements. It would be amazing to "reinforce" the Aspiring Knight's green set you get on Tython imo.

Sorry, I mean that this item would be sweet. It does not exist as far as I know. Or will exist.

Ah, I see. Yeah, I would love that. I've banked a bunch of low level gears just because I liked the look (like the Fa'thra Clan set, Rusted Droid Bit set, etc.). I'd love to be able to make them modable.

Ah, I see. Yeah, I would love that. I've banked a bunch of low level gears just because I liked the look (like the Fa'thra Clan set, Rusted Droid Bit set, etc.). I'd love to be able to make them modable.

Same, man, same... Was hoping for some transmutations and all to be available in the future but nothing of that happened.

Media advertised these sets to be available for certain classes. They're not available. That's what this is about. They exist in the game, though, but are not available. It look like devs aren't making them available to player because they want to sell already existing sets in the cash shop. Not fair imo.

Media advertised these sets to be available for certain classes. They're not available. That's what this is about. They exist in the game, though, but are not available. It look like devs aren't making them available to player because they want to sell already existing sets in the cash shop. Not fair imo.

Fair? No. But you're telling me you DIDN'T smell this coming a mile away when whispers of "cash shop" started floating around? One of the few things that people WILL buy. Boosts? Maybe. Sweet Jedi armor?. You bet.

Those ads came out when I wouldn't even dare thinking of the cash shop. They should be available on the release and if not, then they shoudl be added in the patches within few weeks/months.Not to be suddenly held from giving them to players or removed from the game (they were available in pre-release builds!) in order to keep them store for several long months so they can hit the Cash Shop.

Those ads came out when I wouldn't even dare thinking of the cash shop. They should be available on the release and if not, then they shoudl be added in the patches within few weeks/months.Not to be suddenly held from giving them to players or removed from the game (they were available in pre-release builds!) in order to keep them store for several long months so they can hit the Cash Shop.

The second they smelled the drop, they had to have held back. I would bet there were crafting patches planned that would have included some of these things, via recipes but they held them, realizing they could sell it.

I'm not saying its right.

I also can't lie and claim I wouldn't have done the same thing were it my job.