Question about Twilieks

alphawolff

From what I saw in the beta, and what I'm seeing from live streams today, it seems the lekku's of the twilieks (The tentacles on their heads) always are on the backside?

I'm used to SWG's amount of customization and being able to arrange the lekkus in many ways, which is why I've always been a huge fan of the twilieks.

In SWTOR can we change those? And if not, and they always are on the backside... what happens when you wear a hood?

I'm curious cause this'll be the determining factor between me choosing twilieks and zabracks, I'd love to be able to wear a sick headpiece or a hood and have the lekkus coming out the front but if they just disappear or just get tucked in the back of the hood I'd really dislike that.

Thanks guys!

From what I've seen (I was a Twi in the Beta) they fall to the back only.

Having a hood will probably mean they will be slightly visible from the back due to clipping, but hopefully they will account for this in the programming and make the hood "override" the lekku.

They are always to the back. There is basically a section of them that is "attached" at a distance the shoulders in the back. This holds them away from the back to allow for armor and backpacks to not clip.

As for hoods and such, when I played one in beta the lekku just stuck out through the hood. Honestly, I found it to be very displeasing. I don't know if they have remedied this somehow or not (this was back in July that I tried it, and didn't pay another one or pay a lot of attention after that).

I played a twi'lek in the Thanksgiving beta. Hoods are always 'down' on twi'leks. She got a headband and that did show, although it overwrote the twi'lek headband she wore from character creation. Several people complained in chat about them not being able to wear hoods, but imo it's better than clipping.

I'm hoping they add hood up feature for Twileks. I'm not sure, but I don't think they're the only species that doesn't get a hood up feature. Hooded Twilek is the whole reason I rolled a JK Guardian Twilek in beta :p What's a Jedi without a hood?