Devs, please add the following already completed hood down armors to the game.

JohnRoy

Ah thanks John for including Sentinels !

I support that ! If the "toggle" feature is too complicated, don't leave us with only hooded bath robe like now :/ ... Or that awful pvp gear.

The more I watch those trailers and screenshots, the more I think "wow the game is gonna be epic ! Some time in the future..." :/ ...

I'll stop playing the knight char, with broken companions, horrible design (cause the good designs didn't make it into the game for some reason), face hidden, fat butt, extremely hard to be competitive in pvp etc... It's just a clear message from bioware in my eyes : "play something else we'll fix the Jedi when we have balance within the population" ...

Mind if I quote this! XD

I love it, this is liquid truth:

"with broken companions, horrible design (cause the good designs didn't make it into the game for some reason), face hidden, fat butt, extremely hard to be competitive in pvp etc... It's just a clear message from bioware in my eyes : "play something else we'll fix the Jedi when we have balance within the population"

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted it on the other thread (Show us your Jedi Knight):

I found a very nice Prototype Baktoid Trellised Jacket in game, would have been perfect for my Sentinel if it had been moddable/orange/purple.

Currently using an orange Watchman Jacket I got from Tatooine via the commendations vendor though.

My current Watchman Jacket:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/wqtrigger/test/swtor2011-12-3112-40-08-68.jpg

Previews of the blue Trellised Jacket:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/wqtrigger/test/swtor2011-12-3112-45-44-87.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/wqtrigger/test/swtor2011-12-3112-46-53-88.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/wqtrigger/test/swtor2011-12-3112-54-54-15.jpg

If anyone comes across a purple/orange moddable version please let me know! It's a very good look with hood down! :) haven't tried it on to see whether it gives the fat butt effect because I don't want to bind it yet (might sell it on the GTN) but I suspect it does give the fat butt effect :/

Where did you find that piece if I may ask?

This issue is getting to be kind of a big deal with me. Im either going to have to go Sith or Ill just stop playing, as no other class appeals to me. And it's really sad because if either the hood was animated properly, as in it didn't make you bald and showed your bangs something I feel is reasonable to expect of a game released in 2011, or if it was down I would applaud how the armor in this game makes me look and feel like a Jedi. :\

This issue is getting to be kind of a big deal with me. Im either going to have to go Sith or Ill just stop playing, as no other class appeals to me. And it's really sad because if either the hood was animated properly, as in it didn't make you bald and showed your bangs something I feel is reasonable to expect of a game released in 2011, or if it was down I would applaud how the armor in this game makes me look and feel like a Jedi. :\

Yeah, that's the frustrating part. I spent the last few years anticipating this game but worrying we'd get ugly MMO style armors at endgame, then I get in and find out most Jedi armor are still robes even at endgame and was thrilled.

And then I realized the hood problem, and my hopes are crushed again. Its literally the 1 thing keeping me from fully enjoying the game.

Yeah, that's the frustrating part. I spent the last few years anticipating this game but worrying we'd get ugly MMO style armors at endgame, then I get in and find out most Jedi armor are still robes even at endgame and was thrilled.

And then I realized the hood problem, and my hopes are crushed again. Its literally the 1 thing keeping me from fully enjoying the game.

I can't say its my only complaint but its the top one. Mine are like

1. *********** hoods

2. Why isn't every piece of armor orange with stats controlled by mods?

3. Why does Jedi Knight feel so pathetically weak?

4. Sith Corruption bug

5. LFG feels more primitive and unfriendly than even FFXI had...and FFXI is primitive and user unfriendly.

If Jedi players want robes with no hoods there are a few skins on the Sith side that would work wonderous; and maybe we could get a skin transfer so the Sith side actually has some armor with hoods up instead of down.

This will not work. They have completely different armor models for the same piece of armor on Republic and Empire.

For example, the Rampage Assault Chestguard. If you preview it on a Repub character, it has a hood, cape and vest looking thing. If you preview it on a Sith character, it is a dark jedi robe with plated chest armor and the hood down.

I tested this by transferring some via the neutral auction house and it is indeed the case.

Hood toggle, please!

This will not work. They have completely different armor models for the same piece of armor on Republic and Empire.

For example, the Rampage Assault Chestguard. If you preview it on a Repub character, it has a hood, cape and vest looking thing. If you preview it on a Sith character, it is a dark jedi robe with plated chest armor and the hood down.

I tested this by transferring some via the neutral auction house and it is indeed the case.

Hood toggle, please!

Yeah, I just went through this yesterday, after levelling an SW for this reason alone. With the growing number of voices and threads complaining about the lack of hood down armors for Jedis I can only think they will fix it soon. Why leave so many unhappy when the solutions are sitting right there in the computer in front of you?

Yeah, I just went through this yesterday, after levelling an SW for this reason alone. With the growing number of voices and threads complaining about the lack of hood down armors for Jedis I can only think they will fix it soon. Why leave so many unhappy when the solutions are sitting right there in the computer in front of you?

We're not even in january yet.

If it's fixed "soon", won't be till last week of january in my opinion.

I'm hoping once it is "fixed" (or interim fixed but the toggle itself won't be there for months), I hope you guys can support the large butt issue, that ruins completely any character that suffers from it. (I know I sound ridiculous, but seriously, look at that http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/4527/67979029.jpg :/ ...)

We're not even in january yet.

If it's fixed "soon", won't be till last week of january in my opinion.

I'm hoping once it is "fixed" (or interim fixed but the toggle itself won't be there for months), I hope you guys can support the large butt issue, that ruins completely any character that suffers from it. (I know I sound ridiculous, but seriously, look at that http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/4527/67979029.jpg :/ ...)

Absolutely. I want the best alll around Jedi Knight experience available in a video game, so not only the large butt issue, but the issue of our far too complicated ability rotation is up there for me as well, but I confess that the hood issue is number one for me. But after that, of course.

To be honest, since JK was meant to be my main character, it was the first I created and played until the end of ACT 1. (on alderaan realized that there are no hood down armors at all and stopped)

The skill rotation I really like. I love the variety and that its more complicated, harder to use. So I actually find the other classes too simple. If it were up to me, I would not change that.

Hoods on the other hand.. can not belive they are not fixing this. We need an ETA!

And that big butt image made me LOL :)

Never knew it was that bad, because I still wear that LV14 armor.

The skill rotation I really like. I love the variety and that its more complicated, harder to use. So I actually find the other classes too simple. If it were up to me, I would not change that.

While I like our rotation, thing is, it's quite unfair.

I must use at least 10 different skills (cheking cooldowns and and focus all the time of course so it's much more in total) in a battle. I'm a Watchman.

When I told that to my trooper friend, he said "you're serious ?! I barely ever use more than 5, usually 3, and nobody ever stood up against me on 1 vs 1" . And that's just the truth.

Ranged have, well, range, resistance, heal sometimes, more cc, knock backs, and they also have a pretty easy rotation (that is quite forgiveful compared to ours). While we have absolutely nothing to help (from horrible display/UI to delays of the game engine, while adding the classic lack of gap closers and cc immunity). But this is SERIOUS redesign of melee classes we're talking about, they can't just "tweak numbers", as they're mostly fine.

Loving it because it's harder, makes sense, but it should give some sort of bonus since we work harder than other classes.

But I can really deal with it as long as I can see my hair. Without having JLO's butt.

Thanks for the support John ;) .

Edited by Strayth

I pass on the information I have, and I'm told it's a considerable task for the art team. I don't give out 'hogwash' as a general rule. ;)

That said, I'll pass on these suggestions to those responsible and see what I get back. Studio's a little light on bodies this week but I will try my best to get some info.

Any chance of a /hood command to just put the hood down? Most of the hooded armors have hood-down versions in game already; I know this would be a decent amount of work but it would be hugely appreciated by roleplayers and the like.

I think the main thing they could do to even out Jedi would be to give us some form of passive blaster bolt deflection where we could deflect them back at the attacker, and maybe even a skill where it gets boosted by a large amount for x amount of time, and slows us down by x amount (so we get added defense but its harder to move around).

If we could do that (which by the way is very lore friendly), it'd give us some way to be helping out when we're not in melee range, which happens a lot especially in PvP. Just limit the amount of damage that can be reflected back at a time.

By the way, they really ought to change the name of the class from Jedi Knight to Jawa Knight... because that's what I feel like with my hood up all the time. :jawa_wink:

Any chance of a /hood command to just put the hood down? Most of the hooded armors have hood-down versions in game already; I know this would be a decent amount of work but it would be hugely appreciated by roleplayers and the like.

According to Reid, that is too complicated for a quick fix. The original request we had was for just such a feature, but hearing it was hard led to this plan B approach of asking for the hood down armors. For me, whatever gets that hood off my head the quickest works, but yes, a /hood toggle would be ideal.

But I will be more than happy with permanent hood down armors if that's the best we can get right now.

fixing the game content and ui issues far outweighs the nee for a hood up/down command. common folks this thing i barely funcitonal

Yeah. That's why we need to at least enjoy our character, otherwise I don't see WHY we should play such a thing. (since we all know it will take them several months before it IS functionnal)

fixing the game content and ui issues far outweighs the nee for a hood up/down command. common folks this thing i barely funcitonal

Obviously that's agreed, the point of this thread is a request to add already completed armors to the game.

For the time being I gave up my Jedi Knight, and am sticking to my Sith Warrior, who has all kinds of great outfit options.

Edited by wadecounty

I agree. If hood toggle is hard, don't work on it. Just give us the hood down armors that are all over this web site so that we don't need a hood toggle. Problem solved easily, and they can go on to fixing the harder stuff. A hood toggle is unnecessary. Seeing my character's face without a baldness forcing hood however, to me, is.

I pass on the information I have, and I'm told it's a considerable task for the art team. I don't give out 'hogwash' as a general rule. ;)

That said, I'll pass on these suggestions to those responsible and see what I get back. Studio's a little light on bodies this week but I will try my best to get some info.

Stephen, I appreciate the response, but I'd like to know where all the gear went for JKs that didn't have hoods in the first place. For 5 months in beta I ran around with hoodless chest pieces. I wore full spandex body suits at times. I wore thick collared robes with no hood at all. I wore lots and lots of different gear. This goes for the Sith side too. I wore countless looks as a Mara during beta. They're all gone now, replaced by basically one singular "look."

A lot of folks here don't realize that there was a time in this game when there were a great variety of different "looks." I would like to know where all those beta assets went. They exist...why aren't they in the game?

Edited by photoheathen

Stephen, I appreciate the response, but I'd like to know where all the gear went for JKs that didn't have hoods in the first place. For 5 months in beta I ran around with hoodless chest pieces. I wore full spandex body suits at times. I wore thick collared robes with no hood at all. I wore lots and lots of different gear. This goes for the Sith side too. I wore countless looks as a Mara during beta. They're all gone now, replaced by basically one singular "look."

A lot of folks here don't realize that there was a time in this game when there were a great variety of different "looks." I would like to know where all those beta assets went. They exist...why aren't they in the game?

Geez, isn't it obvious ?

So they can add it in updates, and make people feel like they worked on new stuffs, and that they're adding variety. If everything was available at first, people would feel that everything stays the same.

Marketing.

Though, since the current situation for Jedi is unacceptable, I advise them to change that ASAP.

I still find it funny that hood down robes are on the back of the box, and on the JK character selection screen, and probably a dozen other things.. and yet we cannot possibly look like that currently. Bioware knows what's cool, that's why they use it to sell their game. Instead at the launch of the game at level 50 we get Samurai armor?

Bioware tested this game non stop, did they really play through the game and not just say hey... wait... there's way too many hoods, we should probably throw in a few hood down robes. I mean seriously think about how many people that must have slipped by.

I am impressed with the Feedback Reid gave us though. Wasn't expecting that.

First off, I really didn't notice this issue at first.

I got off Tython, made it to Coruscant, everything was peachy.

I received a hooded cloak chest piece and thought "oooo cool, dark and brooding"

10 levels later I realized that I was never going to see my characters head again unless I wear another classes armor.

I looked at PvP gear, commendation gear, crafted gear, everything Jedi Heavy Armor had hoods up.

And now I'm asking myself....

"Why did I bother picking hair type, hair color, and other facial features? I am never going to see them wearing my classes armor."

Having 1 option for a lower jaw choice would suffice for Jedi Knight.

What's really starting to make me irritated is how much I see of Jedi being represented without having hoods up.

It's in the loading screen, front and center. The character creation screen has some sweet heavy plated armor with hoods down. NPCs in Tython and elsewhere have it as well. The Jedi Knight Armor Progression video in YouTube has it (and plated heavy armor when choosing Guardian is implied too, but that's another topic)

So, I agree, I know these models exist. We should have them in game. We don't need some sort of toggle (though seriously, how hard is that? replace one item code with another when toggled.) Just some armors that don't have hoods.

I don't feel like a unique character. I feel just like another robed figure. Anonymous, generic. A lower jaw in a black robe (that's somehow heavy)

I don't want to play him anymore because this isn't what I signed up for as a Jedi. That's not the look I was shown.

I feel baited and switched. I feel like the last 30 levels and two weeks were wasted because I could have been leveling a character I would enjoy.