Darkside/LightSide Neutrality Armor?

WillyRedBeard

In terms of endgame gear, such as Tionese, Columi, Rakata, Black Hole, Battlemaster etc, there is no requirement to have a certain amount of Light/Dark side points at all.

In terms of gear you get for leveling up, there isn't any gear out there that says something like 'must be Light I or below' or something like that, if that's what you mean. Most of the gear out there, like the gear you get for completing mission and/or the gear you can buy for Commandations, doesn't have a requirement. The only place you will run into trouble is in terms of relics. All of them, if I'm not mistaken, have some kind of Light/Dark side requirement for them, at least the relics that you can buy while leveling up. In endgame relics, there aren't any requirements at all. Hope this helped!

Short answer is no.

Long answer:

when the game launched there were more items such as cristals that had a light/dark requirement, and indeed people asked your question about rewarding characters that stayed balanced (somewhat equal value of dark and light points, but with a high absolute value). Daniel Erickson (I think it was him but I may be wrong, can't find the quote...) said that they were thinking about it, but since then he left the company.

So it's probably on their wall of crazies, but at the bottom of their priority list.

As far as light/dark side gear, theres different levels or extremes of both. Its easy to comprehend, the more evil you act, the more darkside points you accumulate.

How would they go about offering levels of neutrality without scripting neutral specific interactions to gain neutral points from? Otherwise, your just neutral which seems impossible to progress

As far as light/dark side gear, theres different levels or extremes of both. Its easy to comprehend, the more evil you act, the more darkside points you accumulate.

How would they go about offering levels of neutrality without scripting neutral specific interactions to gain neutral points from? Otherwise, your just neutral which seems impossible to progress

You just balance light options and dark options. I've got a BH that I've been leveling like that. I also use Diplomacy missions to keep the balance. She is slightly Dark, but only about -300.

The only gear I have seen that is lightside/darkside based is some relics and some lightsabers.

All relics while leveling have LS/DS requirements. My neutral smuggler did not get relics until level 50 and even then they were PvP relics to start with.

In terms of endgame gear, such as Tionese, Columi, Rakata, Black Hole, Battlemaster etc, there is no requirement to have a certain amount of Light/Dark side points at all.

In terms of gear you get for leveling up, there isn't any gear out there that says something like 'must be Light I or below' or something like that, if that's what you mean. Most of the gear out there, like the gear you get for completing mission and/or the gear you can buy for Commandations, doesn't have a requirement. The only place you will run into trouble is in terms of relics. All of them, if I'm not mistaken, have some kind of Light/Dark side requirement for them, at least the relics that you can buy while leveling up. In endgame relics, there aren't any requirements at all. Hope this helped!

There actually are certain light sabers that still require certain light/dark levels.