star wrs the clone s5 e14

turnoverla-page

Maybe Savage will be offered up as "collateral" to display Sidious' prowess in combat, but Darth Maul's definitely getting out of there alive. Aside from the fact that he's boosting the series' ratings, I think he's grown enough in strength to be able to hold his own against his old master and make an escape to safer parts.

I just want the true Mandalorians back. This wishy washy aryan race of people in greenhouses has had a nice run but it's time to get back to jet packs and rocket launchers.

EDIT: Also, the Clones Wars is T-Canon, which would be superior to Kotor. Therefore, Traya's prophecy can be overridden :cool: We will have our army of Boba Fetts.

If they do intend on Maul surviving his encounter with Darth Sidious, he should escape when the Dark Lord cuts down the pretender Savage.

The hippies had a good run, but the Mandalorians (thanks to T-Canon) need to go back to their roots. The warrior culture of the Mandalorians is my favorite group of non-Force sensitives.

Maybe Savage will be offered up as "collateral" to display Sidious' prowess in combat, but Darth Maul's definitely getting out of there alive. Aside from the fact that he's boosting the series' ratings, I think he's grown enough in strength to be able to hold his own against his old master and make an escape to safer parts.

I just want the true Mandalorians back. This wishy washy aryan race of people in greenhouses has had a nice run but it's time to get back to jet packs and rocket launchers.

EDIT: Also, the Clones Wars is T-Canon, which would be superior to Kotor. Therefore, Traya's prophecy can be overridden :cool: We will have our army of Boba Fetts.

Haven't you heard? There's a new canon called K-Canon, K for Kreia (and Kaggath :D), it overrides everything, even G-Canon. Kreia's word is law!

No but seriously, I just don't think these guys are gonna win. TCW has portrayed them as the baddies, the New Mandalorians are going to take a heavy hitting, but will ultimately be victorious. What I want to know is why Kenobi joins them. Looks like Death Watch split into two factions... perhaps one is led by Maul? I do recall a guy with a red lightsaber wearing Mandalorian Armour, but red with horns (here it is.) Perhaps that was Maul leading half of Death Watch. Seeing as Vizla is in none of those scenes we can presume he was killed and Maul took over.

EDIT: Doesn't Mando-Maul look awesome!

Edited by Beniboybling

Haven't you heard? There's a new canon called K-Canon, K for Kreia (and Kaggath :D), it overrides everything, even G-Canon. Kreia's word is law!

No but seriously, I just don't think these guys are gonna win. TCW has portrayed them as the baddies, the New Mandalorians are going to take a heavy hitting, but will ultimately be victorious. What I want to know is why Kenobi joins them. Looks like Death Watch split into two factions... perhaps one is led by Maul? I do recall a guy with a red lightsaber wearing Mandalorian Armour, but red with horns (here it is.) Perhaps that was Maul leading half of Death Watch. Seeing as Vizla is in none of those scenes we can presume he was killed and Maul took over.

EDIT: Doesn't Mando-Maul look awesome!

That would be an interesting twist. Maybe the Death Watch and Maul lose, but it makes the hippies think about their foolishness.

Maybe, maybe it convinces them to forgo their pacifist ways and become warriors again. But I doubt it. Lets just hope their cities burn!

Sadly, I doubt Satine will give in. From the look of previous trailers, the Death Watch does some major damage.

I'm really excited for future episodes in this arc!

FINALLY we get an episode worth watching. Seems like everything after s05e01 was just filler up until this point.

A lot happened in this episode and it seemed fairly fast-paced, which is not necessarily a good thing. But hooray, there was no Ashoka or Anakin! Yay~

Should I feel bad for hoping Mauly and his bro will win this? I'd really like it if they killed Ashoka and made Anakin cry. I would totally laugh. xD

+100 darkside points. :jawa_evil:

Edited by MsMalice

Well they'll at least survive this arc. And I'm sorry Aurbere, but the last Mandalorian died at the hands of Mace Windu, Traya said so. There not coming back. :(

You are incorrect. Though Jango was one of few remaining Mandalorians, they were still out there: Kal Skirata, Walon Vau, ect.

GREAT EPISODE.

Faleen (and some guy that looks like Xixor), REAL Mandos, Jabba, HUTTA and Tattooine all in one episode with some sith sprinkled on top.

The scenes with the mandalorians and sith teamed up made me thing about SWTOR.

Such a better bad guy team then the droid army. I do hope they can win back Mandalore.

Edited by kirorx

I'm confused, is this joking or true?
Well, it depends on how you interpret the quote:

"They will die a death that will last millennia, until all that remains is their code, their history, and in the end, the shell of their armor upon the shell of a man, too easily slain by Jedi." ~ Kreia

From Wookieepedia:

Several centuries prior to the fall of the Republic and the rise of the Galactic Empire in its place, approximately 3,951 BBY, the former Jedi Kreia—and once the Sith "Lord of Betrayal", Darth Traya—used her great insight into the Force to foresee the end of the Mandalorians, an event that she believed would take place long after her own death. In her vision, Kreia revealed that following their defeat in the Mandalorian Wars at the hands of Revan, the Mandalorians would never wage another crusading war of conquest. Instead, they would grow weaker and experience a slow decline that would span thousands of years until only their history, their code, and a single male Mandalorian remained. This male, whom she foresaw as a broken man in Mandalorian armor, would meet his end in battle with a Jedi, thus marking the final end of the Mandalorian people.

I assume she is referring to the death of Jango Fett at the hands of Mace Windu, which would make sense. Jango was a Mandalorian but he didn't have a clan backing him up, he didn't fight in glorious battles across the galaxy like the likes of Mandalore the Ultimate and Mandalore the Indomitable had done. After the Mandalorian Civil War the last of the true Mandalorians were destroyed, and replaced by Death Watch. And then of course the New Mandalorians. After that he was a bounty hunter, working for whoever paid the most. In such a sense we can see him as not fully a Mandalorian, he just wore their armor. Was he a 'shell of a man'? I would say so, the Civil War left him scarred and distanced from the Mandalorian traditions.

And the last line makes sense too, he didn't even land a single shot on Mace Windu, he was decapitated after five seconds. But was this the death of the Mandalorians? Was Jango the 'prophesied' Mandalorian? Well seeing as their have been other Mandalorians after him, probably not. But then again, I don't know much about the guys after Jango - to me the just sound like glorified bounty hunters.

One things for sure, the Mandalorians will never be like they used to me. The age of Mandalorian clans uniting together to glorious war against the galaxy are over. :(

EDIT: We also have to consider what makes a 'True Mandalorian'. Jango Fett was taught in the Mandalorian ways from a young age. Boba Fett was not. He was bounty hunter from a young age and only adopted the Mandalorian ways as a promise the previous Mandalore. So I would assume he had little grasp of what it meant to be Mandalorian. I don't know about the other guys, but I doubt they were ever trained as Mandalorians.

Edited by Beniboybling

Well, it depends on how you interpret the quote:

"They will die a death that will last millennia, until all that remains is their code, their history, and in the end, the shell of their armor upon the shell of a man, too easily slain by Jedi." ~ Kreia

From Wookieepedia:

I assume she is referring to the death of Jango Fett at the hands of Mace Windu, which would make sense. Jango was a Mandalorian but he didn't have a clan backing him up, he didn't fight in glorious battles across the galaxy like the likes of Mandalore the Ultimate and Mandalore the Indomitable had done. After the Mandalorian Civil War the last of the true Mandalorians were destroyed, and replaced by Death Watch. And then of course the New Mandalorians. After that he was a bounty hunter, working for whoever paid the most. In such a sense we can see him as not fully a Mandalorian, he just wore their armor. Was he a 'shell of a man'? I would say so, the Civil War left him scarred and distanced from the Mandalorian traditions.

And the last line makes sense too, he didn't even land a single shot on Mace Windu, he was decapitated after five seconds. But was this the death of the Mandalorians? Was Jango the 'prophesied' Mandalorian? Well seeing as their have been other Mandalorians after him, probably not. But then again, I don't know much about the guys after Jango - to me the just sound like glorified bounty hunters.

One things for sure, the Mandalorians will never be like they used to me. The age of Mandalorian clans uniting together to glorious war against the galaxy are over. :(

EDIT: We also have to consider what makes a 'True Mandalorian'. Jango Fett was taught in the Mandalorian ways from a young age. Boba Fett was not. He was bounty hunter from a young age and only adopted the Mandalorian ways as a promise the previous Mandalore. So I would assume he had little grasp of what it meant to be Mandalorian. I don't know about the other guys, but I doubt they were ever trained as Mandalorians.

Mandalorians not rallying together to fight the Galaxy again? Three Words: Star Wars: Legacy

Boba Fett was raised like a Mandalorian child. What do you think Jango was doing all those years when he was raising Boba from birth. He was grooming him to be his successor. He most likely brought him up the same way Jaster had did him until his death.

Edited by CassusVerda

Mandalorians not rallying together to fight the Galaxy again? Three Words: Star Wars: Legacy

Boba Fett was raised like a Mandalorian child. What do you think Jango was doing all those years when he was raising Boba from birth. He was grooming him to be his successor. He most likely brought him up the same way Jaster had did him until his death.

Pffft...

You can't properly train a Mandalorian Child in the ways of Mandalore on a rainy water world planet called Kamino surrounded by millions of aliens who don't care about your traditions or heritage. Kamino didn't have the resources or facilities to properly train Boba in the ways of Mandalore. It was a world set up to grow clones.

Some would argue, that it was the birthplace of Clone Troopers, so certainly it would be a place designed for combat. However I would disagree, and say that the Clones didn't get much real combat training on Kamino. All virtual simulators and brainwashing. A incubator designed to grow living drones that simply followed orders.

Over glorified Droids. Yeah, Boba can't be considered a real Mandalorian being trained there. I would argue that Jango wasn't a Mandolorian either, nor is Pre Vizsla.

However, Pre Vizsla had the right stuff, but didn't have the backing of Mandalore and so he was a Hero without a Home. Sure the people of Mandalore had his back AFTER he shows up with Maul and an army. However before that he was branded an enemy of the state.

Being labeled a criminal and a thug, by the same people you are trying to free, has to play with your head. So I think Pre Vizsla suffered from confidence issues, and lacked the honor of a True Mandalorian. He did a lot of dirt to rise to power, and ultimately sold his Honor at times to get Death Watch back to Mandalore.

If Kenobi kills Pre Vizsla, then I would say that Pre Vizsla is the Mandalorian seen in Kreia's prophecy, as he was more of a Mandalorian then Jango ever was.

Edited by Darth__Carnal

Pffft...

You can't properly train a Mandalorian Child in the ways of Mandalore on a rainy water world planet called Kamino surrounded by millions of aliens who don't care about your traditions or heritage. Kamino didn't have the resources or facilities to properly train Boba in the ways of Mandalore. It was a world set up to grow clones.

Some would argue, that it was the birthplace of Clone Troopers, so certainly it would be a place designed for combat. However I would disagree, and say that the Clones didn't get much real combat training on Kamino. All virtual simulators and brainwashing. A incubator designed to grow living drones that simply followed orders.

Over glorified Droids. Yeah, Boba can't be considered a real Mandalorian being trained there. I would argue that Jango wasn't a Mandolorian either, nor is Pre Vizsla.

However, Pre Vizsla had the right stuff, but didn't have the backing of Mandalore and so he was a Hero without a Home. Sure the people of Mandalore had his back AFTER he shows up with Maul and an army. However before that he was branded an enemy of the state.

Being labeled a criminal and a thug, by the same people you are trying to free, has to play with your head. So I think Pre Vizsla suffered from confidence issues, and lacked the honor of a True Mandalorian. He did a lot of dirt to rise to power, and ultimately sold his Honor at times to get Death Watch back to Mandalore.

If Kenobi kills Pre Vizsla, then I would say that Pre Vizsla is the Mandalorian seen in Kreia's prophecy, as he was more of a Mandalorian then Jango ever was.

First of all.... Seeing that Mandalorians are supposed to be Nomads I'm pretty sure you can train your children where ever you make yourself a home. Also your forgetting that Jango was a Successful Bounty Hunter, so he can afford the resources to train his own son in the ways of Mandalore if the Kaminaons didn't have the time or interest to help him. Also do you know exactly how Mandalorians raise their children? Do you know the certain Trials.

Pre Vizsla a better Mandalorian than Jango? Don't Insult me sir! So your saying a guy that can't take over a Pacifistic Group of Mandalorians with ease and constantly shows that he simply using the Mandalorian name to get what he wants is better than the guy that became Manda'lor himself, wiped out the Original Death Watch, Killed Tor Vizsla, and most likely won Countless Battles under the True Mandalorian name.

Vizsla doesn't want to free Mandalore, he wants to rule it. Granted he is doing what "The Pissed Off Fans" want by trying to get rid of the New Mandalorians, but he still has his motives for doing so. He is still an upstart using the excuse of bringing back the Warrior ways to rally people to his cause. Plus he's kinda dumb for calling his Group the Death Watch....I mean really I know it's a cool name and all, but you'd think people wouldn't want to join the group that gave Mandalorians a Bad Name? Why not a new name like IDK....the Mandalorian Protectors....

Admittedly I am largely ignorant of the Star Wars Legacy period, so your going to have to expand on that. Although my basic knowledge of the period tells me that there were no major groups that waged war against the galaxy like the Mandalorians of old did. Correct me if I'm wrong. In a sense you could say the Mandalorians died with Jango. After that they were just scattered mercenaries if that, they were only 'revived' many years late by Boba Fett. So maybe Traya foresaw the death of the Mandalorians but not their revival.

Oh and concerning Boba, there is no evidence to suggest that he was trained by his father in the Mandalorian ways. He was taught in combat etc, but not in how to be a Mandalorian. We can assume that Jango died before imparting that knowledge.

Question: Were any of the 'Mandalorians' that followed after Jango trained in the Mandalorian ways from a young age by a recognized Mandalorian?

But yeah, I reckon the Mandalorians may have some kick still left in them. However I believe the death of Jango marked the beginning of the end...