been a while. Leveling build for speed pvp end game.

tacoknite

looking for the optimal build for leveling, i am assuming deception/madness are both still efficient while you have khem tank?

after getting a dps companion is it better to switch to tank or go dps with healer? I am not caring about preference just what is the most efficent (speed) way to to level.

At fifty i will be going pvp completely, as i do not enjoy flashpoints/ops etc. What is the ideal spec for pvp , is deception still viable?

last but not least, i got lucky with my pack and got a devastator's lightsaber, with all this orange gear am i better off rolling cybertech professions and just modding the gear?

and some help with gearing would be appreciated, i am just a bit lost on this adaptive gear now as purples were better when i played before , i think.

I have quite a bit of creds to overgear while leveling but there has been a lot of changes to the game since i last played.

-Taco

Edited by tacoknite

Madness is probably best, especially once you get 25 and get Raze proc. Deception isnt really good for leveling imo and is very gear dependent (Only insane damage on crits).

You have got to be trolling. Deception is miles and miles ahead of madness for levelling purposes.

You have got to be trolling. Deception is miles and miles ahead of madness for levelling purposes.

I've tried both and I prefer madness so far at level 28 (I admit - certainly haven't gotten a taste of the full trees of course). Madness seems a lot better on trash packs which majority of quests are. Deception is arguably better on the odd elite that you need to fight.

With Madness I can death field as I run in, lightning discharge the first mob, run through him, lightning discharge the back one and start thrashing until Raze procs. Throw Crushing Darkness on the first mob, then back to thrashing the last. This way one dies from DoT's, one dies to Khem and the third get's thrashed/shocked to death by me. They all die at roughly the same time.

When I played Deception I had to burn them down one by one as it had no discernible aoe attacks at all, I only just got Lacerate and I see no way to make that feasible enough to be the sole aoe.

Seeing as I get unlimited free re-specs as a subscriber I actually bounced around quite a lot trying to find what was right for me, and it ended up being not focusing in any one tree at all until about 25 when I had a decent amount of points to get to the good stuff.

I will continue to bounce back and forth between the trees as I get more and more points and you could very well be correct in saying that Deception is much better, but when it comes to levelling 90% of your fights are trash mobs, kill speed on those is what matters, not how much single target dps you can crank out - and from my admittedly limited experience so far - that seems to be Madness.

Edited by Darkscis

<insert wall of text that i actually read>

You might not AoE them, but it's still faster. Use your Overload to get behind weak mobs for Maul.

And open with Maul, you get massive increased force regen anyway. After that, just play with your Shock and Discharge.

Most weak targets will die from a single maul crit, then it's just killing off the rest.

You might not AoE them, but it's still faster. Use your Overload to get behind weak mobs for Maul.

And open with Maul, you get massive increased force regen anyway. After that, just play with your Shock and Discharge.

Most weak targets will die from a single maul crit, then it's just killing off the rest.

As I said, I'm still only 28 so I probably haven't seen the big difference yet. It's all well and good saying that most will die from a Maul crit, sure, but at 28 you don't have a lot of crit. Relying on that is not the way to go. While levelling, I would much rather rely on steady aoe dps than bursting single targets one by one. There must be a cut-off point somewhere, where your gear switches to more crit based and you get a decent amount of talent points that switching back to Deception will make more sense, perhaps I will find it :)