Question of the Day 5/7/2013

Do you fight for the Empire or the Republic?

Personal Answer: I fight for both! Double Agent... but for which side? Dun-dun-dun!!!! :jawa_redface:

Depends on the character.

My SI is fighting for himself and for his own image of a completely reshaped Empire and the Sith Order.

My BH is fighting for himself while trying to distance himself from the whole Empire vs. Republic conflict as much as he can.

My JK is fighting for the Republic, though it's more like a crusade against the Sith Order as an ultimate evil.

Do you fight for the Empire or the Republic?

Good question, one which will take me more than one post to answer (I'm going to try and avoid walls of texts).

I have Expac Endgame toons (5 vanilla endgame toons).

My main (Sorc) who I spent easily 60% of my playtime on, my Jug alt (biochem and bionalysis), my stealthy Operative and my fierce Sentinel.

PART ONE

My Sorc and my Jug are pretty similar: both value the Legacy of the Sith above all else. For them it is the Sith Empire that matters above all else, but they are very very different in their approach.

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Sha'al believes that deception, lies and trickery are the best way to wage war and that the Republic should be fought with subterfuge rather than massive - and costly - battles. Sha’al managed to keep much of his basic human decency while working as a slave, something he only lost when during events on Alderaan and the criticism of his master (paraphrase: you’ve disappointed me by passing up opportunities for power) right before she betrayed him. Prior to that he was loyal to the Dark Council and kept his word. Afterwards he decided that other Sith only mattered as far as they served to spread and embody the Dark Side. Sha'al agrees with Malgus that the Empire is important because of the conflict it brings, in contrast the to the peace that the Republic embodies. Sha’al seeks to become the Heart of the Dark Side, the living embodiment of it’s spiritual taint on the physical plane, so that he can secure the eternal reign and conquest of the Sith Empire. And if murdering everyone on Vaiken Spacedock so he can bind their angry Force Ghosts to him is the best way, well… your days are numbered.:d_evil:

The perfect weapon does not need its master's will to drive it to further carnage. The perfect warrior does not need a reason to kill, does not need a cause to follow. The perfect commander does not heed such petty distinctions as victory and defeat. Kill, for killing's sake. Destroy, for destruction's sake.

Jagoss (my Jugg) believes that physical strength and brute force are the most important aspect of war. While he always makes sure to use the right tool for the job (Vette slices, Jaesa spies, Quinn operates, Pierce sieges) he prefers to crush his enemies to death whenever possible. Jagoss fights for House Ragnos, the last descendants of their namesake, Marka Ragnos. Via becoming the Emperor’s Wrath he has succeeded in doing honour to the family line and further securing their legacy as some of the greatest lords in the Empire. Jagoss is loyal to Sith Idealogy first, his family second, the Empire third, and his crew fourth. Though if Jaesa keeps on making her “nightly training” sessions she’s probably going to make a new addition to the family pretty soon…

Sha'al and Jagoss both seek to immortalize their legacy (Kallig and Ragnos respectively) but Sha'al is not loyal to the Emperor and believes only he can lead to the Empire to victory. Jagoss embraces the Darwinist ideology of the Empire, but his hatred of the Jedi makes him eager to face them head on, regardless of whether they're setting a trap. The two have met once or twice and both have a begrudging respect for one another, though Jagoss would likely try and kill Sha'al if he knew Sha'al intended to claim the Emperor's throne for himself.

Edited by AshlaBoga