Cybertech: Tanking Mods?!

Anundir

Where are the tanking mods for armor? You can buy Guardian Mod 12, 13 etc from commendation vendors but you can't make these mods as a Cybertech? The mods that are available on the Cybertech Trainer are not built for tanking. So, am I forced to spend commendation tokens on these mods that I should be able to make? Edited by Anundir

Ya, that's where I am now I have 310 Cybertech and am looking for the tanking Mod to make and place in my Orange armor. The only Guardian items in my list are the Armor pieces. The Mods are all DPS mods. Do the DPS mods RE into Tanking mods?

It depends on your class. If STR is your primary stat, look for two mods with STR/END at the same level. Then look at which has more END than STR. The other should have more STR than END. The one with the higher END is your tanking mod. Then simply RE the green until you get a blue recipe and RE the blue recipe until you get the purple recipe. You should see additional tanking stats on the new recipes. It's the same for willpower based tanks.

That's the problem. There is only 1 STR + END mod on the recipe trainer and that mod favors STR and has CRIT on it. (Potent XXA) The mod names all changed around 33 to XXA and the Guardian Mods disapeared off the commendation vendors.

Just trying to find out if they really exist before I spend all day REing Potent mods...(Which I am doing now)

I'll have a look and report my findings tonight. My cybertech is at 390 and should be 400 tonight. I'm sure i've seen defense stats somewhere. What primary stat am I looking for a tank mod for?

Still REing several hours later with no new schematics. Looking for specifically STR and END and Defense. END should be higher than STR.

So, the only mod on the trainer that has STR/END is the Potent 16A. I finally got a new schematic off it from REing and it went from:

Potent 16A

21 STR

12 END

+3 Crit

to

Potent 16A

26 STR

15 END

+4 Crit

Should this RE into a Tank version also w/ More END than STR and +DEF? This whole thing is confusing because I was using the Guardian Mods till around 33 when they disapeared from the Commendation vendors...

Edited by Anundir

That's what I have found to be the case so far. So, the question begs is did they just leave the Tank Mods off? There were tank mods at lower levels and they all changed around at 33ish.

Also, how do you change the time on these forums? I can't find it anywhere in preferences.

Edited by Anundir

Start with a green mod, and RE that untill you proc a Redoubt pattern off it. (1/3 chance when you get a green->blue pattern proc)

That will give it +defense.

After that, you can continue REing the blue to try to get an artifact veracity mod for +shields. (1/5 chance from a blue -> purple pattern proc off a redoubt)

If your starting with a blue that doesnt have tank stats on it already, you are not helping the tanky factor :p

start with a green with stats you like, and go from there.

I havent had one mod from green to blue with any different stats. For example if a mod has 11 willpower and 7 endurance at green stage it just goes to like 13 willpower 9 endurance at the blue stage. I cant seem to find out how to get the additional stats like defence, absorbtion, shield etc I think its around lvl 14 mod they start changing a bit and the names totally change.

Like I have a mod thats 14A and gives Will, endurance and crit or power. power and crit seem to be the only secondary stat that the vendors offer. Torhead/Darth hater seem to show a LOAD more mods than ive seen.

just seems like they didn't add everything in.

Exactly my point. I picked up Cybertech to outfit my Orange armor with mods and armor pieces. I am a tank but don't see any tank mods on the trainers. I haven't had one RE yet turn into a defensive mod. If anyone else has please share!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've just been using the best strength + end mod that you can buy and recently have been swithching out for better mods that have def that i got from quests on corellia

When you reverse engineer mods all you can get is one with boosted stats. Only items can get schematics that have additional stats added

• 1 month later...
Like everyone else, I am having problems figuring out which green Mod RE's into a Rdoubt version. On the bright side, it can at least be done by the game, as I got a glove drop at 43 that had a veracity Mod in it that gave defense. (purple)

Unlike earpieces where you can get several blues per green, and several purples per blue if you RE them, the mods are strictly a linear RE. You cannot RE a mod to a Redoubt or Critical version of the mod or anything like what you can do with an earpiece. The tanking mods you are looking for are not available to us in game right now to craft. Once 1.2 drops and we are able to RE and learn the schematics for end game mods then we will be able to craft them. Until then, you will not be able to craft any mod that is not given by the crafting trainer. HOWEVER, I haven't tried buying a ton with commendations and RE'ing them to see if I can learn the schematic. It might work if you try that but then again I believe those are only <50 level mods so can't help you there.