Bis Healing Relic with 1.5

UberLord

Any thoughts?

Dread Guard Relic of Ephemeral Mending - Equip: Healing an ally has a 50% chance to restore an additional 505 health over 3 seconds. This effect can only occur once every 20 seconds, and shares this limit with similar healing effects.

vs

Dread Guard Relic of Boundless Ages + 350 Power over 30 seconds

vs

War Hero Relics of Boundless Ages + 113 Power

I'm still tempted to stick with the WH one as the +proc one is meh and the other uses a potentially valuable GCD.

Dread relic when you have a specific moment when you need burst healing.

WH otherwise.

Healers procs have been consistently lackluster due to overhealing, RNG and it not being able to crit for some reason. Even if it could it'd only be around 30hps randomly distributed.

Edited by CaptainApop

I am wrong as it happens, didn't see the passive power that's on dread relics (on use, procs are still bad) now. I'd say it's definitely worth grabbing one of those. averages 137 power and gives you an OH**** button again. Edited by CaptainApop

The proc one is terrible due to the long cooldown....and that's it. If it was a shorter c/d like the dmg ones, I'd use it in a heartbeat. As it stands, it gives you a little over 120 hps for 4 seconds every 20 seconds which averages out to 20 hps. This doesn't take overhealing into account ofc. The static power will give you much more than that in less optimal conditions, AND increases the dmg you do when you have to dmg something. So it is universally better in every way than the proc relic.

I'd love to see them change those relics down to a 5-10 sec cooldown with a lower proc rate like 30%, but also have it affected by your gear (can crit, boosted by bonus healing, surge affects your crits).

I'd love to see them change those relics down to a 5-10 sec cooldown with a lower proc rate like 30%, but also have it affected by your gear (can crit, boosted by bonus healing, surge affects your crits).

Apart from the 5-10 sec cooldown dps proc trinkets already do this.

That's why part of why dps actually like their trinkets QQ

I personally think that clicky trinkets are not well suited for healers, and prefer the passive bonus from the War Hero trinkets. There just aren't that many encounters with pre-defined healing burst phases.

The most healing intensive encounter in this game right now is Nightmare Kephess, after he leaves the walker. He does insane amounts of damage the whole time, not in small windows. I'll take the passive benefit (and one less thing to worry about) of the War Hero relics.

Edited by Azaranth