A little Underleveled?

Drpojo

I'm level 28 and my current quests in alderran are around level 30 so as you can imagen they are a little difficult and im dying quite alot. I always do all of the quests and bonuses apart from heroics but i dont really do Fps or pvp while leveling so I have 2 things to ask.

1) which is the best way to quickley get up to the correct level?

2) What am I doing wrong so I can stop it from happening again in the future?

Thanks.

*Edit* I am a sub

Edited by Drpojo

If you are doing all the side missions and even the heroics, you aren't doing anything wrong, per se. I assume you are a Free 2 Play player - XP gain is a little reduced for F2P, so you may find yourself underleveled.

Make sure you log out in a rest zone - either a cantina, Fleet or your ship. That will give you a nice boost to your XP on your next playing session.

Why not try FPs and/or WZs? They are a nice way to get more XP, particularly when you also get the associated daily mission from the terminals on Fleet.

Also, Space missions may or may not be your cup of tea, but they do give great XP for the time invested.

You can also try the bonus series. Most planets starting with Taris have a bonus series of missions that practically doubles as a whole new planet in terms of XP. If you are level 28, Taris bonus series is a bit low for you, but you can try Tatooine. This will probably get you those 2 levels. Look for a mission giver at Tatooine Spaceport.

being 2 lvls under the mission lvl isn't that big of a deal, in most cases, what can be a huge difference is what lvl your gear is. So if your at lvl 28 trying to do lvl 30 missions but wearing the same gear you were wearing on Coruscant/or DK, it's not going to work out so well for you. First thing i'd suggest is that you check out your gear, and your companions gear to make sure it's at the most 5 lvls bellow your lvl if its a purple item, 3 lvls below if it's a blue, or no more than 2 lvls bellow if it's a green lvl item.

most purple items will have the equivalent main stats (+end,+wiil/ +end, +aim..etc as a green lvl item 5 lvls above it, and the same as a blue item 3 lvl above.

If you're armour's up to date check your companions, especially if they're doing the tanking/ or melee dps.

you should be able to pick up green equipment dirt cheap from the gtn for you or your companion if need be.

Also running a stim will really help as well, and ask if there are any players with multiple 50+'s that wouldn't mind passing by and giving you all the class buffs. I know when i'm standing around a terminal or trainer on the fleet i'm giving away buffs all the time.

you can also look for a lvling buddy, or a guild, not only do you get help on the boss's but there's also an xp bonus to lvling in a group, even outside of flashpoints. Just make sure to respect each others loot, and if you'r the same class make sure you 'enable - share same class quests' from your social tab in the preferences menu.

If he's F2P, he doesn't get the ability to post here (unless that changed recently) or rested exp, so he should be a sub.

Best way to level now that you've fallen a bit behind is to go do those flashpoints and heroics or the pvp. Most of the heroics aren't too hard, and are doable in pickup groups, head back to the previous planet and join those people who are always asking for members.

You can also do the bonus mission series for each planet, if you haven't already. Some of those missions don't become available until you're a few levels over the planet.

I agree with all the suggestions posted here. If you do all the missions, and make a point to get the bonuses for all missions that offer them, you shouldn't have any problem at all exceeding levels. Even with my first character, who was FtP until level 32, I was able to stay level-appropriate. With my current lower-level characters, I find myself over-leveled to the point that some of the missions end up going grey (e.g., no XP!) on me if I level up before I complete them.

But, as one poster stated, gear will make a big difference with whether you compete well or get wiped on missions. Tactics are the single deciding factor, though. Use the most complimentary companion you have (and keep decent gear on him!), use your crowd control abilities, pull mobs selectively, etc., and you should be able to accomplish the +2 level quests without too much difficulty. The advantage of being -2 is that you get a LOT more XP than if you were 3-5 levels over (e.g., missions were green instead of yellow or orange), which will also help bring you up to level.

Alderaan has at least one "area" mission, which is a progressive, and awards you a healthy dose of XP. It is just off to the left of the main path after you leave the House Organa map area headed east. If you stray from the path in a north-easterly direction, you should stumble upon it.

Good luck! ;)