Any chance of ever seeing Theron again?

evasilievna

My SI is a traitorous bitc*, she sided with the Republic on Iokath, in the good betrayal tradition of Sith, lol. She broke up with Koth for Andronikos ( wish there was a way to keep em both,lol..) and uses Ashara as a tanking pet. Full of qualities, lol, catch of the day !

I actually have three versions of the same character...one for Theron, one for Andronikos, and one for Arcann, lol. Though now that his romance seems so thin, I might not bother.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually have three versions of the same character...one for Theron, one for Andronikos, and one for Arcann, lol. Though now that his romance seems so thin, I might not bother.

A romance requires bonding, stuff done together, common likes & dislikes. Sorry to say this, but there's not enough for a relationship with Arcann, or as you described, it seems thin. Good thing is all my dudes & dudettes stayed faithful to their partner ( Torian, Akaavi, Theron, Lana, Andronikos) so there's no upcoming breakup.

Somehow i knew the Arcann romance will be rushed, it lacks consistency and does not fit a seasoned veteran like "our" Outlander, regardless of his/her class or DS/LS preferences. We are not the same people who left Korriban/Tython/Hutta/Ord Mantell, we are mature versions of ourselves, so why this teenage love romance aka i hated you now i love you let's kiss and become lovers ?

A romance requires bonding, stuff done together, common likes & dislikes. Sorry to say this, but there's not enough for a relationship with Arcann, or as you described, it seems thin. Good thing is all my dudes & dudettes stayed faithful to their partner ( Torian, Akaavi, Theron, Lana, Andronikos) so there's no upcoming breakup.

Somehow i knew the Arcann romance will be rushed, it lacks consistency and does not fit a seasoned veteran like "our" Outlander, regardless of his/her class or DS/LS preferences. We are not the same people who left Korriban/Tython/Hutta/Ord Mantell, we are mature versions of ourselves, so why this teenage love romance aka i hated you now i love you let's kiss and become lovers ?

Oh I freely admit that I'm a sucker for the enemies to lovers trope. I honestly felt like every encounter with Arcann from Fallen Empire Ch 1 all the way to the end felt like foreplay. But afterwards, there's just...nothing. He's there. He wants to talk. He gives armor. Oh, you like me? Kiss. Fin.

There's just *nothing* there. All of the angst and buildup before and then just *insert letting the air out of a balloon sound here*. There's no actual progression to the romance.

Oh I freely admit that I'm a sucker for the enemies to lovers trope. I honestly felt like every encounter with Arcann from Fallen Empire Ch 1 all the way to the end felt like foreplay. But afterwards, there's just...nothing. He's there. He wants to talk. He gives armor. Oh, you like me? Kiss. Fin.

There's just *nothing* there. All of the angst and buildup before and then just *insert letting the air out of a balloon sound here*. There's no actual progression to the romance.

No worries. i do understand the appeal of enemies to lovers stories,but some bad guys should stay bad guys, other wise their stories would look cheap.

Don't mean to be rude, but i doubt there will ever be any sort of progression, your Outlander & Arcann have nothing in common, such relationships cannot survive because there is nothing to fuel them. Maybe, just maybe you will get Senya's approval and a passive-agressive reaction from your ex ( for example, Torian will mention some Mandalorian honor duel or death game) but that's all..

Don't mean to be rude, but i doubt there will ever be any sort of progression, your Outlander & Arcann have nothing in common, such relationships cannot survive because there is nothing to fuel them.

I don't think it's fair to say that someone's personal Outlander has nothing in common with Arcann, it all depends on how they play their character and what backstory they've head canon'ed for their toon, to dismiss that so flippantly is unkind.

We also have no idea yet whether or not Arcann will feature in the story going forward, according to his voice actor Arcann has more screentime coming so we could be pleasantly surprised with how his romance (and redemption arc) progresses.

Edited by AbilityDrain

I don't think it's fair to say that someone's personal Outlander has nothing in common with Arcann, it all depends on how they play their character and what backstory they've head canon'ed for their toon, to dismiss that so flippantly is unkind.

We also have no idea yet whether or not Arcann will feature in the story going forward, according to his voice actor Arcann has more screentime coming so we could be pleasantly surprised with how his romance (and redemption arc) progresses.

Not to mention that sometimes people don't need to have much in common and they're just drawn to each other.

But of course there is more screentime for him , the rest of us who would like our class comps back can just go to he**, for us there are no resources, we do not matter, only the Arcann fan club gets new content..

THIS SUCKS.

But of course there is more screentime for him , the rest of us who would like our class comps back can just go to he**, for us there are no resources, we do not matter, only the Arcann fan club gets new content..

THIS SUCKS.

It's hardly new content. It's a single, 2min cut scene...just like all the companion returns. It's not like they threw in all the companion returns to give Arcann his own expansion.

If you want to blame someone/something for the lack of adequate returning companion content, blame Anthem. Because it seems like even Arcann got the shaft there. From what his writer had intimated, she had provided much more development content for him that appears to have been thrown out.

They promised worthwhile returns for the companions, ones that would be worth the wait and to not use the vending machine. We're getting 2min, half-assed excuses that have no involvement with the story to the effect of them basically telling us that our companions don't matter when compared to Kaliyo/Jorgan/Torian/Vette who actually got in-story romance content. Don't even get me started on what was given for Andronikos.

But I'm not blaming Arcann. I'm blaming Anthem. And the fact that games with absolutely no story that only consist of PvP content are on the rise. BioWare is putting all its eggs in that basket, it seems...all for a PvP loot-boxer with no character development or backstory...a type of game that isn't anything core BioWare fans would want. To be honest, I wouldn't even be surprised if Dragon Age 4 got the boot (and if it doesn't, it'll be primarily multi-player because that's what EA wants and has been pushing toward ever since ME3). But I digress...

Edited by Dracofish

It's hardly new content. It's a single, 2min cut scene...just like all the companion returns. It's not like they threw in all the companion returns to give Arcann his own expansion.

If you want to blame someone/something for the lack of adequate returning companion content, blame Anthem. Because it seems like even Arcann got the shaft there. From what his writer had intimated, she had provided much more development content for him that appears to have been thrown out.

They promised worthwhile returns for the companions, ones that would be worth the wait and to not use the vending machine. We're getting 2min, half-assed excuses that have no involvement with the story to the effect of them basically telling us that our companions don't matter when compared to Kaliyo/Jorgan/Torian/Vette who actually got in-story romance content. Don't even get me started on what was given for Andronikos.

But I'm not blaming Arcann. I'm blaming Anthem. And the fact that games with absolutely no story that only consist of PvP content are on the rise. BioWare is putting all its eggs in that basket, it seems...all for a PvP loot-boxer with no character development or backstory...a type of game that isn't anything core BioWare fans would want. To be honest, I wouldn't even be surprised if Dragon Age 4 got the boot (and if it doesn't, it'll be primarily multi-player because that's what EA wants and has been pushing toward ever since ME3). But I digress...

Well then, fck Anthem. Replace a MMO with a shooter, really? Is like..like i would trade my Yamaha XV 535 Virago motorcycle for a scooter.. that will never happen, tbh.

On topic: i was disapppointed in Andronikos return because the dialogues seemed to have been written by a 11 years old kid, not by an employee of BW.

Well then, fck Anthem. Replace a MMO with a shooter, really? Is like..like i would trade my Yamaha XV 535 Virago motorcycle for a scooter.. that will never happen, tbh.

On topic: i was disapppointed in Andronikos return because the dialogues seemed to have been written by a 11 years old kid, not by an employee of BW.

You mean the 2min cutscene where Andronikos claims to have had no idea that the Inquisitor was even alive? Two years later? After she'd been all over the holonet? Had he been floating out in space for two years? Like, did he not go to port once to refuel or buy supplies? Because all it would have taken was pretty much hearing one news broadcast. I mean, I live under a rock when it comes to current events, but c'mon.

Not to mention the fact that the Inquisitor is the only player character who has an actual Force-bonded Dashade who would have known all along that she was alive.

Not to mention the fact that even without a Force-bonded Dashade, the Inquisitor is one of the last surviving members of the Dark Council. She's pretty much a rock star.

So yeah..

*fixes with fanfic*

Oh, and about story-less PvP on the rise...just ask my husband who is completely obsessed with ARK: Survival Evolved. A game with no story. No plot. Nothing.

Edited by Dracofish

You mean the 2min cutscene where Andronikos claims to have had no idea that the Inquisitor was even alive? Two years later? After she'd been all over the holonet? Had he been floating out in space for two years? Like, did he not go to port once to refuel or buy supplies? Because all it would have taken was pretty much hearing one news broadcast. I mean, I live under a rock when it comes to current events, but c'mon.

Not to mention the fact that the Inquisitor is the only player character who has an actual Force-bonded Dashade who would have known all along that she was alive.

Not to mention the fact that even without a Force-bonded Dashade, the Inquisitor is one of the last surviving members of the Dark Council. She's pretty much a rock star.

So yeah..

*fixes with fanfic*

Oh, and about story-less PvP on the rise...just ask my husband who is completely obsessed with ARK: Survival Evolved. A game with no story. No plot. Nothing.

Maybe Andronikos was at the bathroom when we broadcasted all over the galaxy? :D

The Dashade angle is questionable, if his body is inhabited by Zash, the old lady had no intention of finding her former student. If not, why didn't Khem Val come top find us?

EDIT : this was posted by Keta, if is proof of Arcann romance being the reason why no one except Felix Iresso will ever be returned for JC class :

, the JC has been given the short shrift on companion returns so far and nothing much is changing. There was no plan to bring them back beyond a select handful. Anger about it isn't going to get them back faster or at all. Nothing we say or do is going to do that. BW has their own rationale and limitations. The companion returns with less than 2 minutes of story are your story for 2018. Don't like it? Neither does anyone else.You have other options though if it's bad enough.
Edited by bluehufsa

EDIT : this was posted by Keta, if is proof of Arcann romance being the reason why no one except Felix Iresso will ever be returned for JC class :

I wouldn't describe it as proof of anything, unless directly stated by one of the SWTOR developers/writers then it's not confirmation that any one character caused any of the others to be scrapped/sidelined.

I wouldn't describe it as proof of anything, unless directly stated by one of the SWTOR developers/writers then it's not confirmation that any one character caused any of the others to be scrapped/sidelined.

Tell me, why this SUDDEN love and devotion for arcann? and why i cannot have my favorite comp back? why one gets more and one gets to be sacrificed?

Tell me, why this SUDDEN love and devotion for arcann? and why i cannot have my favorite comp back? why one gets more and one gets to be sacrificed?

The guy got a single 2-minute cutscene to allow players to romance him, I'd hardly call it The Arcann Show. Maybe you will get your favourite companions back, but it's not gonna happen immediately just because you're screeching your head off on the forum. It'll happen if/when it happens.

Why do you like Felix so much? Or Zenith? Or why do I like Andronikos so much? Or? Or? Or? We like who we like. I think the question is...why do you hate Arcann so much? I mean, how does him having a 2min romance scene in any way effect you? You can...kill...him, ya know.

Giving Arcann a 2min cutscene hardly equates to every other non-present companion getting the shaft. What about Scourge? My Knight pines away forever for him and he's THE ONE CHARACTER who should have been there from the start.

We already know that SWTOR is operating on a skeleton crew due to Anthem, at I've already said.

The Dashade angle is questionable, if his body is inhabited by Zash, the old lady had no intention of finding her former student. If not, why didn't Khem Val come top find us?

They painted themselves in the corner with it...and because of that, Inquisitors will never get Khem back. We got Not Khem.

Again...

*fixes with fanfic*

Edited by Dracofish

Why do you like Felix so much? Or Zenith?

I like Zenith because he's everything my over-emotional Jedi girl is not. When she's weak, he is strong for the both of them. When she fails to see the ugly truth, he sees it for the both of them. And so on. They complete each other.

• 2 weeks later...

I played through it on my LS SW and didn't mind it, could see potential there. They're both strong men, good looking [Arcann must have had some fantastic plastic surgery after Voss], who were previously wrapped up in an evil empire doing pretty stereotypical bad guy things [yes, even as a LS sith - if Baras hadn't betrayed me I'd still be working as his enforcer, and if the emperor hadn't gone nuts, same same]. They both faced a lot of adversity but came out LS. Post Kotet, it feels appropriate to continue that story as a romance.

Without it, if you spare Arcann, he's just sort of drifting around a base full of people who hate him and would gladly string him up from the nearest tree except that the Commander is a big softy who won't just kill someone out of hand. With a romance there's actually a reason behind it [albeit not a very good one from anyone else's perspective].

Ideally there ought to be an LS or at least a neutral option to put him on trial - that would have been a good chapter just on its own - and end either recognizing that he paid for his crimes by his redemption [stranger things have happened in the old EU] or otoh, enlisting Sana-Rae's Force Brigade to sever the Force from Arcann and exile him.

re: Theron

People get so twisted into knots about betrayers. I've heard similar rationalizations about Quinn's behavior, and even Koth. "He didn't mean it, he was forced into it by extenuating circumstances, it's not his fault". I suspect the reason is that it undermines our control to have a character reject you without being able to do anything about it - we as the PC are supposed to be able to reject / backstab other characters - speaking of Skadge, I just ran that mission and was delighted to be able to backstab Rusk on my DS Agent char - but when it happens to us, especially when it's a friend, well, they should die. Or they had better have excellent reasons that firmly demonstrate that it had nothing to do with the PC's character defects but rather something wrong with the betrayer.

The problem with such a rationalization is that it only works for LS Outlanders who didn't seize the Eternal Throne, didn't romance Theron, and who preferably sided with the Pubs on Iokath. If you went the other way, if you were a DS who's been taking all the tyrannical options available, executing Jorgan and Senya, and making it transparently obvious that you don't care about civilians, collateral damage, and certainly not his mommy and daddy issues, that the only two purposes of the alliance is to a) get revenge and b) stick your butt on the Eternal Throne...well, that offers a different motive, doesn't it?

Theron is already terribly naive for putting up with that sort of behavior throughout the two expansions, but once they're over, I can forgive him for finally shedding his naivete and realizing that everything he's done has resulted in some other oppressive jackhole in control of a large chunk of the galaxy.

See, for my DS agent, who only gets into romances in the first place in order to manipulate them [ideally, after romancing Lana it would have been great if she'd dumped my Agent right after learning that my Agent had lied about Valkorian not being in her head], it would be terrible for Theron to do all this only to discover that he was really on her side the whole time. It would ruin his character arc. I would much rather that, when he's finally at my PC's mercy, he's defiantly sticking it to my Agent and reminding her of all the bad decisions that brought us to this point.

I mean, you could have both options available, and have all the Deep Cover clues just be red herrings on the DS playthrough. I could see BW doing that for the vanilla storyline, but I can't see them doing that here just to satisfy masochistic DS characters. Instead it'll be a big, wet, convoluted sob story.

Edited by Ardrossan

I played through it on my LS SW and didn't mind it, could see potential there. They're both strong men, good looking [Arcann must have had some fantastic plastic surgery after Voss], who were previously wrapped up in an evil empire doing pretty stereotypical bad guy things [yes, even as a LS sith - if Baras hadn't betrayed me I'd still be working as his enforcer, and if the emperor hadn't gone nuts, same same]. They both faced a lot of adversity but came out LS. Post Kotet, it feels appropriate to continue that story as a romance.

Without it, if you spare Arcann, he's just sort of drifting around a base full of people who hate him and would gladly string him up from the nearest tree except that the Commander is a big softy who won't just kill someone out of hand. With a romance there's actually a reason behind it [albeit not a very good one from anyone else's perspective].

Ideally there ought to be an LS or at least a neutral option to put him on trial - that would have been a good chapter just on its own - and end either recognizing that he paid for his crimes by his redemption [stranger things have happened in the old EU] or otoh, enlisting Sana-Rae's Force Brigade to sever the Force from Arcann and exile him.

re: Theron

People get so twisted into knots about betrayers. I've heard similar rationalizations about Quinn's behavior, and even Koth. "He didn't mean it, he was forced into it by extenuating circumstances, it's not his fault". I suspect the reason is that it undermines our control to have a character reject you without being able to do anything about it - we as the PC are supposed to be able to reject / backstab other characters - speaking of Skadge, I just ran that mission and was delighted to be able to backstab Rusk on my DS Agent char - but when it happens to us, especially when it's a friend, well, they should die. Or they had better have excellent reasons that firmly demonstrate that it had nothing to do with the PC's character defects but rather something wrong with the betrayer.

The problem with such a rationalization is that it only works for LS Outlanders who didn't seize the Eternal Throne, didn't romance Theron, and who preferably sided with the Pubs on Iokath. If you went the other way, if you were a DS who's been taking all the tyrannical options available, executing Jorgan and Senya, and making it transparently obvious that you don't care about civilians, collateral damage, and certainly not his mommy and daddy issues, that the only two purposes of the alliance is to a) get revenge and b) stick your butt on the Eternal Throne...well, that offers a different motive, doesn't it?

Theron is already terribly naive for putting up with that sort of behavior throughout the two expansions, but once they're over, I can forgive him for finally shedding his naivete and realizing that everything he's done has resulted in some other oppressive jackhole in control of a large chunk of the galaxy.

See, for my DS agent, who only gets into romances in the first place in order to manipulate them [ideally, after romancing Lana it would have been great if she'd dumped my Agent right after learning that my Agent had lied about Valkorian not being in her head], it would be terrible for Theron to do all this only to discover that he was really on her side the whole time. It would ruin his character arc. I would much rather that, when he's finally at my PC's mercy, he's defiantly sticking it to my Agent and reminding her of all the bad decisions that brought us to this point.

I mean, you could have both options available, and have all the Deep Cover clues just be red herrings on the DS playthrough. I could see BW doing that for the vanilla storyline, but I can't see them doing that here just to satisfy masochistic DS characters. Instead it'll be a big, wet, convoluted sob story.

I hope they do something like this, too. My LS characters are the complete opposite of what he said they were, but I have one DS smuggler who totally deserved it. It would be great if they had him actually betraying her (though it would have made more sense if I couldn't have also romanced him with that character). Koth gets a lot of hate, but he was and, until the Iokath return of Dorne, the only companion that left you based on your actions. I loved that about him, and I wish that they had done that kind of thing all the way through, from vanilla onward. It would have actually made choices matter.

Yup.

A dual path with Theron's arc conclusion would be almost ideal. But it won't happen.

For a long time I'd hoped they were going to include Lana in a conspiracy with Theron to keep the commander in the dark so the outlander could end his involvement in what the FEET series wound up as, but that would be an even larger mess than the Theron sob story to come.