Thermal Regulator Critical Success Rate

Doolander

Not complaining, just some data I have collected.

After running 100 Unsliceable missions using Andronikos with max affection I have achieved 24 Critical Successes yielding a total of 96 Thermal Regulators.

I know it is totally random but just to point to people who may think it's broken.

It would be interesting to see if anyone else has collected similar data.

• 3 months later...

I feel that +2 crit doesn't seem like enough to warrant the difference I get from crafting.

Using my jugg companions and HK which is a plus 1.

116 earned bio mechanical chip and only 8 thermal regulators. which comes out to earning regulators 6.8% of the time.

Since 2.4 I did 528 missions (only Unsliceable?, not bothering at all with Watching the Watchdogs) and my crit rate is 24,34% and my fail rate is 6,63%.

I use 2 Andronikos, 2 Scorpios, 1 T7 and 1 Vette

It has its ups and downs. This current rate is the highest for me. For a week I might hit a streak of bad luck and numbers start dropping, which is definitely frustrating.....

It's super spikey. I'll go days and get only a couple crits then have a day that almost every mission crits.

So what? It's human nature to assume that random == even, but the opposite is in fact the case: random =/= even. In any randomly generated set of data, clusters happen. Only VERY large sets of data bear out the stated odds.

• 5 months later...
It's super spikey. I'll go days and get only a couple crits then have a day that almost every mission crits.

I've seen the same. I have many toons with slicing and I'll quite often log on and check them and it's funny how one day none of them have proc'd a crit and the next day all of them have.

Ultimately, I always have more TR's than I need, which means I get to sell them to people who need them. Win/win.

3 if you count the purple mission discovery you can buy/get dropped. Not really worth buying right now unless you're banking on it criting.

Speaking of which what does that mission drop from generally? I got one f rom a lockbox mission but any other crew skills drop these? Can't recall if I've seen one in TH or not but if I did it's super rare.

Do you guys think there may be some manipulating of missions by BW? For instance if they notice tons of Thermal Regulators hit the market, or if there is a price drop for whatever reason maybe new schematics have been introduced which are wildly more popular than they suspected and so there is a shortage of a material do you think they dial up or down the percentage. None of us really know the percentage so its very difficult to prove one way or the other. I'd understand if they do I'd hate to break the economy one way or the other in a game that I produce.

RNG is RNG but I guess you could say run 1000 missions and count how often you get crit over the whole 1000 and then over each separate lot of 100. This would give you at least some statistics to work with.

Then when you suspect a change run another 1000 and compare data.

1000 sounds like a ridiculous amount and it is but really with RNG you need fairly ridiculous amounts to get any true concept of averages etc. because even though RNG is random there will still be some statistical weighting behind it in terms of averages. If those averages change significantly over a reasonable amount of attempts/executions etc. ( so not 10 or 20 ) then you could assume that yes something has changed behind the scenes to boost/descrease said average.

However we must always remember RNG is still RNG so nothing is ever promised or guaranteed :p

BGuilbeau, it would not shock me one bit if what you are suggesting does happen, but I doubt it.

I agree with MeNaCe-NZ in that you need significant numbers of attempts to get an accurate measure, but I would suggest that 100 attempts is good enough so long as one is willing to accept a significant margin of error. But even 100 attempts is time consuming.

• 1 month later...
Slicing has to have gotten bugged in one of the latest patches, it's getting ridiculous for me iv sendt crew on missions for like 2 weeks now without a single critical

Are you sending anyone out on missions other than Watching the Watchdogs and Unsliceable? Those are the only two that return TRs.

Slicing has to have gotten bugged in one of the latest patches, it's getting ridiculous for me iv sendt crew on missions for like 2 weeks now without a single critical

You can say that again. T7 failed 29 times out of 30 in a row (maxed affection and legacy buffs). If it were not for Mako who crits from time to time, one would have been tempted to dump slicing for something at least remotely profitable.:mad:

You can say that again. T7 failed 29 times out of 30 in a row (maxed affection and legacy buffs). If it were not for Mako who crits from time to time, one would have been tempted to dump slicing for something at least remotely profitable.:mad:

Do you mean "fail" as in the mission did not succeed and you got nothing (should be a flat 5% of the time) or "fail" as in "did not crit but you still got something"? 29 of 30 in a row would be odd for the former, but not so much for the latter.

3 if you count the purple mission discovery you can buy/get dropped. Not really worth buying right now unless you're banking on it criting.

Depends on the price on the GTN. I've seen it for crazy prices like 150k plus, and I've seen it below 100K sometimes.

Depends on your server as well, some are higher than others.

Do you mean "fail" as in the mission did not succeed and you got nothing (should be a flat 5% of the time) or "fail" as in "did not crit but you still got something"? 29 of 30 in a row would be odd for the former, but not so much for the latter.

Probably means the latter, but I will say that I have had my share of bad luck with regard to total failures. Not too long ago three missions failed in one pass on one character and in the same pass at least one mission on my remaining seven characters failed as well