New Content Next Month

irishtim

It was 6 weeks from announcement of PTS character xfer until the release of 1.2. This was with 1.2 being VERY rough AND RWZs being removed. So basically 6 weeks to test 5 Ops bosses. And they were still broken on release... and have been almost 1/2 the time since the release of 1.2.

The testing on PTS isnt true "testing". They are more or less testing the difficultly of the fights, and how people react to the mechanics. Did much change for 1.2 from the first release on the pts to what went live, not really... i believe some fights had their dps check lowered though, and they fixxed the wall of death bug right?

True bug testing can only happen when you know all of the mechanics to a fight, and able to play with them, and tweak them. You wont get the chance to master anything on the PTS Imho... and that why true bug testing is left to in house testers who get the fights explained to them by the developers, but the in game testers we have in this game are crap or non existent.

Edited by Chaqen

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this is exactly what I thought would happen with them releasing new content every six weeks. 1 Operation. Wow that is it....that is really lame. - There has been no true new content since April and the game is only releasing 1 new operation. Then it will be 6 weeks from then and they will release 1 other new item.

Really disappointing.....

I'm afraid I don't have much more information about upcoming content right now, but we'll continue to work to bring you more information!

Please don't misunderstand this post, because I really do appreciate your recent commitment to communication here on the forum, and I understand that there are things which you are unable to provide details on.

But I, at least, am not asking for details. At this point, I'm not even asking for "sooner" or "later". You must know internally whether story content updates are in the planning or development stages. If you could simply state, yes or no, whether there are plans for future story content updates, it would be much appreciated.

Wow, this is exactly what I thought would happen with them releasing new content every six weeks. 1 Operation. Wow that is it....that is really lame. - There has been no true new content since April and the game is only releasing 1 new operation. Then it will be 6 weeks from then and they will release 1 other new item.

Really disappointing.....

Well it would be naive to have expected a new Ops and WZ and Event every 6 weeks :p Most likely a new Ops and WZ and Event every 3 months, but staggered every 6 weeks. Which I personally think is better anyways, bagging everything in one big patch, makes everyone go nuts for like a month and then bored for ages.

Im inclined to actually believe theyll deliver more content now though, purely since f2p will rely on selling that content to free players.

I talked to David Hunt (Systems Designer), and he shed some light upcoming gear. He said that (for PvE), Terror from Beyond's Hard Mode will include a new set of gear that is a sub-tier of the larger tier that started with Campaign gear. It will also have non-slot restricted armornings. Nightmare Explosive Conflict will speed up the acquisition of the new set and provides new challenges for Operation groups.

For PvP, new mainhand and offhand items will become available from the PvP vendors when Terror from Beyond is released. These will be included so PvP players don't feel the need to get the hilts and barrels from PvE items to get the highest weapon damage in some cases. The rest of the set will release when Ancient Hypergates becomes available. We also have plans to release a new Recruit MK-2 set.

OK. I demand same expertise on my offhand (i'm sorc) as some other classes (mara/sent/gunslinger/merc). Same with stats on the offhand (they are lower than on mainhand). Also i want to mod it the way i want to - just the way THEY can. What we have now is total bs.

PS. Exclude premades from normal wz's. They kill the pvp experience.

Edited by Givemedanger

OK. I demand same expertise on my offhand (i'm sorc) as some other classes (mara/sent/gunslinger/merc). Same with stats on the offhand (they are lower than on mainhand). Also i want to mod it the way i want to - just the way THEY can. What we have now is total bs.

PS. Exclude premades from normal wz's. They kill the pvp experience.

OK. I demand same expertise on my offhand (i'm sorc) as some other classes (mara/sent/gunslinger/merc).

OK. I demand same expertise on my offhand

OK. I demand

demand

Nice. Hope this goes well for you.

I talked to David Hunt (Systems Designer), and he shed some light upcoming gear. He said that (for PvE), Terror from Beyond's Hard Mode will include a new set of gear that is a sub-tier of the larger tier that started with Campaign gear. It will also have non-slot restricted armornings. Nightmare Explosive Conflict will speed up the acquisition of the new set and provides new challenges for Operation groups.

For PvP, new mainhand and offhand items will become available from the PvP vendors when Terror from Beyond is released. These will be included so PvP players don't feel the need to get the hilts and barrels from PvE items to get the highest weapon damage in some cases. The rest of the set will release when Ancient Hypergates becomes available. We also have plans to release a new Recruit MK-2 set.

Great to know =) me and the guild is really looking forward to the new Ops! And Personally I'm really curious about the new set of gear! Hoping for a really good looking JK-set :p

A few questions about this if you could please answer (if possible).

Will the new sets of gear being introduced have new armor designs, since after the displeasure of the community with the gear from 1.2, changes were promised so that future gear would have more of a 'star wars' look to it? Or will the new gear sets simply be recolors of the existing tier 2 gear (as some promo photos of the new content have shown)?

(If they are recolors, any chance of a better range of colors such as the camo chest piece that Kephess has on for troopers, instead of just more bright colors)?

As for the stats on the new gear. Will the stat distribution be correct for classes this time around, so that DPS classes will have the higher main stat armoring instead the higher endurance armoring (which a previous Dev post said would be the case for all new armor) for all armor slots? Or will the gear have the mixed up stats from the "denova" set of gear that was data mined when 1.2 came out?

Hey everyone, just to be clear on what was said during the presentation - Terror from Beyond, a new Operation, is on its way next month, and we have more content updates coming after it, including the new Warzone and Space Combat Missions. We have lots of exciting new content coming!

So we should be expecting a new warzone sometime in November? :confused:

it looks like they are taking the side grade route for the new gear. side grades are one of the ways they can increase ops/warzone content without adding huge power creep problems. mainly what this does is give gear of the same level but focuses on other stats or different looks. this lets them add more ops without making it imposable for a new max level player to get in to ops.

IOW horizontal progression, hopefully this is true and applies to the PvP gear as well.

Just read through this n' I must say, really nice dev' feedback. Really nice info on the new releases.

I would like to ask, with the TFB operation. Will there be accompanying Flashpoint(s)? Being that, I assume, it has something to do with a specific quest line you do while leveling. (Not saying specifically incase people reading this don't know...)

Also, will future PvE content releases see people bumped up past the previous content like with the Black Hole gear or will future tiers be set slightly differently?

I know my Rakata gear is better than Black Hole gear on the whole but it was a little disapointing to see someone who hadn't done a single operation in gear that was on par with my own, which I had worked Hard mode EV/KP and Denova for...

Edited by The_Echani

I'm afraid I don't have much more information about upcoming content right now, but we'll continue to work to bring you more information!

I appreciate the response; thank you. :)

I know you can't make the devs tell you anything, but I hope you can remind them that, for many people, the story content is their favorite part of SW:TOR, and hearing about new story would be awesome. Thanks again. :D

Hey everyone, just to be clear on what was said during the presentation - Terror from Beyond, a new Operation, is on its way next month, and we have more content updates coming after it, including the new Warzone and Space Combat Missions. We have lots of exciting new content coming!
Nice. Are chat bubbles going to be in next month's big patch as well? If not, when can we expect them?

I would like to know whether I should renew my subscription tomorrow or not and without any concrete information on when to expect chat bubbles, I'm heavily leaning towards not renewing it until we get that information.

Edited by Glzmo

Hot damn, and I thought I was happy to have top end gear with my full Rakata gear, guess I'm going to spend another couple of months again in those ops to collect the new gear...

Because my problem is that, only one same operation per week is really annoying when it is the only place to get the supposed top tier gear...

Edited by yoomazir

Hmmm, more Gear Over Skill dominance on PVP, this is not looking good.

agree,

grinding is not the symbol of swtor,

it is its story line,

where is the new story????

all u can do is just a new WZ, OP, FP, space and gears?

how can that improve ur swtor???

we only care about the new STORY contents!:mad:

agree,

grinding is not the symbol of swtor,

it is its story line,

where is the new story????

all u can do is just a new WZ, OP, FP, space and gears?

how can that improve ur swtor???

we only care about the new STORY contents!:mad:

I really don't think that's what the guy you're quoting was suggesting. I know most of (if not all) the people I play with, PVPers and PVEers, want content over story at this point.

The solo player(dont start the boring arguement about liking solo play in a MMO) Its a fact a ton of folk like playing that way.........................................Anyway, why isn't there any news on content for those who, dont like to group, play at really offf times and can't group, or play in virtually dead servers.

Again the squeeky wheel gets the oil.

You're going to lose a huge part of your community if you dont start feeding the solo players out there.

Fact.

Unfortunately, it looks as if I'll have to get my PvP fix in other games. And just move to F2P here for the occasional PvE fix. I realize content in MMO's comes at a snails pace. It seems to have always been that way. But Bioware is beginning to remind me of SOE in the way they too became quiet and seemingly disregarding the playerbase. Then suddenly they sprung the NGE. And after that died down and the ashes settled... new content was another year or more away. So, to me, it looks like now that Bioware has sprung the F2P on us, 2-4mths when that dies down... new content will be here in 2014. I think 2014 will be the year of Swtor!

The solo player(dont start the boring arguement about liking solo play in a MMO) Its a fact a ton of folk like playing that way.........................................Anyway, why isn't there any news on content for those who, dont like to group, play at really offf times and can't group, or play in virtually dead servers.

Again the squeeky wheel gets the oil.

You're going to lose a huge part of your community if you dont start feeding the solo players out there.

Fact.

Do they care if they do lose those subscribers though at this stage of the game?

Just how big a group are we?

With f2p ops are not available, limited acces to warzones, flashpoints and space. The story they have admitted is expensive to make. So they concentrate on operations, flashpoints and pvp, to make it attractive for the f2p people to sub and to try to keep those that like that content still subbing and possibly bring back previous subscribers.

It's more bang for their buck time and cost wise for developement and I don't blame them.

Wether they will ever be able to satisfy the raid / pvp crowd is another topic alltogether, but best of luck to them if that is their focus.

People that are not here for the multiplayer focus content push they look like doing are probably acceptable sub losses and have allready possibly been factored into the equation.

Just my take on it.