Suggestion: As Legacy Level Increases prices decrease for Legacy Unlocks.

Urael

Suggestion: As Legacy Level Increases prices decrease for Legacy Unlocks.

This will increase the marginal utility of the legacy "rewards". As it stands, the abilities are overpriced for the actual utility obtained. Having a sliding scale would allow the buyer to opt in when the price per utility gained is at the acceptable "pain threashold" of the purchase in the eyes of the buyer.

Right now Legacy Level is useless. I am currently "rewarded" the "privilage" to pay huge amounts of credits for abilites that are just very "meh" at best.

EDIT (26Oct2012): My thanks to all who are in support of this idea! :)

Edited by Urael

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd take it a step further. Remove credits from legacy perks. As I reach legacy levels, perks should just unlock.

Who, exactly, is receiving the credits that my toon has to pay to unlock perks? Is there a Legacy Perk Department in the Galactic Government that oversees perks that needs to somehow "Fund" their department with the fees they charge? OF COURSE NOT. So what's the story to explain where my credits are going? I'm getting feed up to my ears of this game charging credits for things with the excuse of "Credit Sink". Dump the credit sink mentality and charge fees where it makes sense to charge them.

agreed, it almost defeats the point of Legacy unlocks, I'm legacy 46 going on 47 and there really isnt a point of having anything above 25 because you have to purchase everything with credits, can we please get "Legacy Points" or can things Actually unlock after a certain Legacy level? Legacy has good potential but charging for something we have already "unlocked" is pretty pointless especially since everything else in the game requires credits and alot of them to purchase this would be the one thing i would like to see being made credit free and more Legacy Based.

I think this would be a great idea. Currently I have a lvl 41 legacy, and I haven't felt like its mattered since lvl 25 when you can unlock wearing the fancy legacy outfit. I just don't feel like there is a point to having a high legacy at this moment, and I also refuse to buy half of the stuff under legacy just because it's so ridiculously priced.

If I apply myself, I can make just around a million credits within a week doing dailies, flashpoints and professions.

The Legacy character perks aren't there to help your main, they're to help your alts afterwards. That's why most of them don't unlock until later.

I agree some legacy perks are a little overpriced, but that gives you something to work for right? I mean if you got all the legacy perks in a week, then it wouldn't exactly be that impressive to have. Here is what I suggest. Either have the prices lower as you progress in legacy like the OP said, or lower the prices/get rid of them, but raise the required legacy lvl of most stuff.

As of now, legacy lvl 25 is the highest you have to be to get everything if I remember correctly. Why not have stuff that requires legacy lvl 30? Or 40? Or even 50? Sure you can make it so people can buy it, but at certain legacy lvls, they should also unlock, making it so those who want to get it faster have to pay, but those who want to wait and grind up to them can also do that and not have to pay at all.

Edited by Owera

/signed...

Im an Early access player have hit legacy 49 and am about to cap out at 50.....Where the hell are my discounts. :mad:

Having a GTN on my ship should be a reward at 40-50 not 5 million bloody credits.

I like the idea of perks unlocking by reaching certain legacy levels, but I doubt BW will remove the cost associated with buying them. If they wouldn't implement the system of unlocking proposed in this thread, I'd like to see BW add in the ability to spend legacy levels as currency, as an alternative to spending credits.

Honestly, people who are legacy level 50 have 25 useless legacy levels.

I dont think the perks should be free, and I understand the character level perks so they can be priced lower.

I do like the idea of maybe every legacy level above say 25, lower the cost of the perks by say 1%. The whole point is to reward the devoted player base.

I was thinking the very same thing, so I have to sign this.

X10

I dont think the perks should be free, and I understand the character level perks so they can be priced lower.

I do like the idea of maybe every legacy level above say 25, lower the cost of the perks by say 1%. The whole point is to reward the devoted player base.

I agree they should cost SOMETHING, but make it more like lowering the cost by 3% for every level AFTER the requirement level. So if a perk requires legacy level 10, and you're legacy level 30, the cost would be 60% cheaper. I think that's a fairer scale by far.

Edited by Stenrik

Trouble with this idea is that IF you removed the cost entirely (what was a post in here somewhere) then the gold sink is gone and inflation increases even more. If you just reduce the cost then same thing but just at a slower rate again.

Currently i have found that doing my blackhole and maybe PVP weekly funds my 2 days of raiding a week and any mod extractions and replacements and repairing + stims i need to get. If i need more i can just sell companion gifts on the GTN.

Currently my cash like the vast majority of the guild is heading towards the probable credit cap that must be somewhere up there in the 1,000,000,000s with very little effort.

Trouble with this idea is that IF you removed the cost entirely (what was a post in here somewhere) then the gold sink is gone and inflation increases even more. If you just reduce the cost then same thing but just at a slower rate again.

Currently i have found that doing my blackhole and maybe PVP weekly funds my 2 days of raiding a week and any mod extractions and replacements and repairing + stims i need to get. If i need more i can just sell companion gifts on the GTN.

Currently my cash like the vast majority of the guild is heading towards the probable credit cap that must be somewhere up there in the 1,000,000,000s with very little effort.

That's great for you that you're raking in the creds like that, but for someone like me, who can only play for something like 5-6 hours a week and has zero interest in PvP, it can take months for me to get even into the hundreds of thousands credits area. I've got two level 50s, both created and reached level 50 within the first two months of the game release, and only one of them has reached 500k credits once, the other has yet to see 100k. I've also got a level 33 character as well, and he has yet to see 50k in his wallet.

The primary reason why my characters have so few credits is because of crafting missions, a huge credit sink, which only occasionally results in a large lump sum income payment from the GTN. In between trips to the GTN to sell off excess crafting materials, I have to do space missions to pay for the crew skill missions, and often times, I only have time to do one or two of those space missions for each of my characters before I have to log off. So, pretty much the only ways my characers are going to have an appreciable, worth-while income is if crew skills become less of a massive credit sink, space missions pay quite a bit more, or both. And we all know that neither one of those is likely to happen.

So, with all that in mind, with regards to obtaining Legacy Perks, anything that is actually useful to me on there is way out of my price range, like that astromech droid perk that sells upgrades for the ship droid. That perk is available at legacy level 7 and costs 1mil credits, and the most credits any of my characters have at the moment is about 330k. So here's my point, if a perk is available at legacy level 7, why in the world is it so expensive? And after the legacy levels earned by two level 50s and change, why is it still so expensive?

In summary, I fully support the idea put forth by the OP, and I also like the idea that has been put forth that some legacy perks should just unlock at a certain level without having to purchase it. For that idea, and this might have been mentioned before, I would suggest having perks be available to purchase at x level, and should automatically unlock without purchase at a later y level.

/signed

I think reducing the costs (even down to zero) with increasing legacy levels would be a suitable concept.

Well, it shouldnt be a problem to implement other credit sinks into the game (say custom ships ;)) I kinda miss the feeling of being rewarded for an effort within the legacy system. And despite a million dailies or how well the GTN might be paying off for you, I dont really consider spending credits an effort.

"Yay, legacy level 25, thank you for allowing me to spend 5 million credits, thats a real genuine reward for all my efforts":csw_jabba: