So, i'm a sorcerer DD, queuing as a DD. Some magic happens and i'm invited as a healer. 3 times in a row.

And, no i am 300% sure that i'm queuing as DD only. Say hello to 15 min lockouts and 30 min wait time.

Then even worse. A group was found to Lost Island HM. After couple of wipes there and there we kicked our healer because he was not able to do his part good enough. We enter the queue again and then magic - i'm a healer and a DD gets invited. I tell him what the problem is and he leaves. And after that the tool won't let me be a DD in this copy of instance anymore. I triplechecked that i indeed do not have a "healer" box checked, we try passing lead from one to another, updating roles and lots of other voodoo stuff but i'm still a healer. We tried to wait for replacement and - again a DD gets invited.

Awesome, say hello to 15 min lockout, 30 min wait time and bye-bye to a half finished instance.

Yay!

Edited by Siarris

I've run into this exact same problem, but from the other direction -- people who show up in my group marked as tanks or healers who aren't. They point out they only checked dps, and gracefully bow out of the instance so we can requeue a replacement. One of my guildmates is a shadow dps and has been queued as a tank so many times he's stopped using the lfg tool.

I've been anxiously awaiting this to show up as fixed in patch notes, but I unless I've missed it, I haven't even seen any official acknowledgement of it as a bug.

So, i'm a sorcerer DD, queuing as a DD. Some magic happens and i'm invited as a healer. 3 times in a row.

And, no i am 300% sure that i'm queuing as DD only. Say hello to 15 min lockouts and 30 min wait time.

Then even worse. A group was found to Lost Island HM. After couple of wipes there and there we kicked our healer because he was not able to do his part good enough. We enter the queue again and then magic - i'm a healer and a DD gets invited. I tell him what the problem is and he leaves. And after that the tool won't let me be a DD in this copy of instance anymore. I triplechecked that i indeed do not have a "healer" box checked, we try passing lead from one to another, updating roles and lots of other voodoo stuff but i'm still a healer. We tried to wait for replacement and - again a DD gets invited.

Awesome, say hello to 15 min lockout, 30 min wait time and bye-bye to a half finished instance.

Yay!

I've noticed the roles being wrong as well. But in terms of LI HM, just untick tier 2 HMs. Unless you are a glutton for punishment or queuing a full group its not worth using LFG for Tier 2 at this stage.

Same problem as OP. Queue as dps. Always get put in group as heals. Makes LFG unusable unless queuing as a fully formed group. Sorry bout the general chat spam guys, but it is the only way to effectively employ the LFG tool at this time. Spam for group, form group, queue for fp, collect comms upon completion. Same process for use with SM ops, except even this method does not always work as, often times, the LFG will queue a tank as dps and we get the error of not having proper group comp. Ironic actually, since it requires you have two tanks, even though only one is necessary in EV, but when you have two tanks, it bugs and changes one to dps and won't let you start the instance. LOL!

Every time I have been in the LFG que, my selections are both dps and heals. I uncheck the heals but when we go in, I find that selection has reset to both. It appears the LFG needs a lot of work yet to make it efficient and useful.

We are constantly having issues with this resetting folk's role.

Every time I have been in the LFG que, my selections are both dps and heals. I uncheck the heals but when we go in, I find that selection has reset to both. It appears the LFG needs a lot of work yet to make it efficient and useful.

^^ This.

One time I magically saw an "Update Roles" button show up underneath, I clicked it, and then my roles did not reset. However this button isn't always available, and when it isn't my roles end up being reset.

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday three of us were trying to find a healer for our HM FP so we decided to use the UFG. Hmmmmph !! What a mess. It took us 4 times of breaking group and resetting our UFG settings before regrouping and trying to get the darn thing to work right.

Only on one of these attempts did the Save Changes button even light up for me. Don't know about the others...and even though I am dps, the heals button just kept lighting up anyway. Finally it worked ....well, sort of...

Once we got it together we were teleported into the instance only to have our tank disconnect shortly before the end of the third set of npcs we had to fight.... end of run !!!

So not only does this LFG tool not work very well, but the game still wants to disconnect players during high activity points no matter where you are in your progression. That is another story and I am tired of reporting it and having BW keep telling me it is my system when it is NOT on my end.

I remember one time I was playing on my PT and I queued for Hammer Station and we have 3 PT's ... ALL TANKS and one Healer. We kind of all paused for a minute, and I think the other two realized that the GF went wrong (I was marked as the Tank) but, we figured it out. The higher level of the three of us tanked and we went into DPS mode ... I found it funny (Since we all had tank marked and no dps).

I was also tanking MP on my Shadow (I was lvl 44 and it let me queue so I was like "Wth, why not?". I got three DPS, which I didn't realize it until the boss fight against the cyborg (I was in all purples, complete geared, so I didn't need much healing on the trash mobs). I was nice about it and said that they just needed to heal during the boss fights (Spam like 1 spell, lol, it would be ok) but they left :( I felt bad cuz we could have finished.

But they need to fix it AND change it to where you HAVE TO CLICK something, not have them both already clicked, that would help a lot as well. :3

Nonsense, right before you hit ready you see the Green Healer symbol. Hit decline.

Sure, but when it happens three times in a row -- what do you do then?

My main is a commando dps. I never check heals. I make sure it's correctly set as dps only at every opportunity. BUT. if I pre-group with one or two other people before queuing, most of the time my role is flagged as heal when the group pops.

I've had to stop pre-queuing with friends and guildies and just queue solo and hope for the best.

Hope the bug is addressed soon.

Edited by JeffKretz

Buy field respec droid and both sets of gear for your class. :rolleyes:

That, sir, is a very short answer. Unfortunately, not all of us want to do that. I prefer one spec over the other and don't believe BW should force us into something we are not specced to do. They really need to fix their LFG tool instead. We are paying customers and should not have to do their work for them.