Problem with sheild generators

malevolunze

So in ROTJ we see that the sheild generator for the death star is on endor. However on a galactic timeline we see that Sheild generators for an entire planet can be held on the surface of the planet itself. Does it bother anyone else that if the sheild generator for the death star could not be held on it when it was relatively small and probably could have saved the death star from rebel attack. But if there is anything im missing then please help me.

The shield generator's machinery and power generators were actually seventeen kilo's underneath throughout the forest, the only thing we saw was the bunker. The shield itself was pretty large, and drew heavily on power so it would actually hinder the death star if it was built inside. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I always thought the generator was on the planet because the death star was still under construction and couldn't support it yet (not that it helped the first one anyway).

I'm pretty sure this is the answer.

The Death Star was not operational aside from Core Systems.

This includes shield generators.

Just life support.

The shield generator's machinery and power generators were actually seventeen kilo's underneath throughout the forest, the only thing we saw was the bunker. The shield itself was pretty large, and drew heavily on power so it would actually hinder the death star if it was built inside.

I thought another salient point for the thing was, in addition to that, the shield system on Endor was implied to just be something created to protect the Death Star while it was under construction (as everything else about it was fully operational, outside of the outer shell and some refinement work), and was in that instance just a heavily modified planetary shield.

I could be wrong, though.

Forget the question about weather it could support the shield or not. Think about it this way, it was so heavily armored/armed why would you bother making the room for one? Nothing anyone had could scratch it, the only way to hurt it was to get inside it.

At that point it becomes the standard cost/benefit problem, why would you use X amount of power and X ammount of room when you can use that X ammount of room and power for other things? such as making your planet destroying laser that much more powerful?

at that point keeping the generator on the planet allows it to be used AFTER the second was completed to allow for it to cover a Third should they have chosen to build a third.

A question i always wondered was how did the thing even move? the engines had to have had Massive exhaust ports(and there would have been exhaust ports since EVERY OTHER star ship in the entire universe has them) but iv never seen a single engine exhaust on the thing.

Edited by Daraco