Lightsaber

Talon_Starfire

Idk I like to hit assassins buring force shroud with my saber strike if I have nothing else better I can do.

Honestly the Sorc/Sage melee attacks are the worst in game. They don't benefit from your main stat and can be dodged so they do no damage and also are kind of unlikely to hit.

Bascially saber strike/trash is only for the LOLz

Yeah, the lightsaber is just a statstick for us... I don't think any sorcerer is asking to be good at melee but just one ability that required the lightsaber to activate would be sweet. Like this for example:

Striking an opponent with Thrash that you previously have afflicted with Affliction will cause Affliction to immediately detonate for its full damage and cause 40% of the damage as splash damage to all opponents within 5 meters of the target. If any target hit by splash damage also carries your Affliction these too will detonate with the same effect.

Using this combo will put your Affliction on a 20 seconds cooldown.

Boom-boom-boom!

Sure would be sweet, but this would require some degree of imagination from the devs and I'm afraid they used it all up on other classes (or other games). Just look at the class feedback thread prior to 1.4, full of ideas and what did we get? A new heal...

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, the heal is nice and all but could you be more unimaginative?

Edited by Rabelle

Yeah, the lightsaber is just a statstick for us... I don't think any sorcerer is asking to be good at melee but just one ability that required the lightsaber to activate would be sweet. Like this for example:

Striking an opponent with Thrash that you previously have afflicted with Affliction will cause Affliction to immediately detonate for its full damage and cause 40% of the damage as splash damage to all opponents within 5 meters of the target. If any target hit by splash damage also carries your Affliction these too will detonate with the same effect.

Using this combo will put your Affliction on a 20 seconds cooldown.

Boom-boom-boom!

Sure would be sweet, but this would require some degree of imagination from the devs and I'm afraid they used it all up on other classes (or other games). Just look at the class feedback thread prior to 1.4, full of ideas and what did we get? A new heal...

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, the heal is nice and all but could you be more unimaginative?

Yeah it would be nice for there to be some sort of lightsaber attack with the lightsaber that was useful.

Idk I like to hit assassins buring force shroud with my saber strike if I have nothing else better I can do.

Honestly the Sorc/Sage melee attacks are the worst in game. They don't benefit from your main stat and can be dodged so they do no damage and also are kind of unlikely to hit.

Bascially saber strike/trash is only for the LOLz

I thrash for the luls if someone is in my face sometimes. It usually hits. Always fun to use right as you finish someone off! Looks epic!

Don't you ever go and play the game in ‘god mode’ where effectively after getting to 50 and achieving some decent gear (so you look awesome) you go to a lowbie area –e.g. black talon lvl10 mode – and just tank thousands of mobs at once, its awesome watching my toon swing the saber at faster than speed of light in order to deflect thousands of blaster shots at the same time defending other saber / melee attacks!

But yeah apart from some defensive animations the saber has little use.

:p