Where to start for a tanking gear ?

MrWhoCares

I am a pure PVP guy with all most full WH dps geare. But I wanna start PVE as a tank so where to start for PVE the gear ?

Simply what can I tank with my current gear ?

not with dps gear. better get recruit tanking stuff, or, BM tanking stuff if you have to many comms.

maybe some dailies for rakata implants and defensive mods/enhs.

You could probably tank Black Talon, The Foundry, and Boarding party depending on the healer.

I did a group finder the other day and swore that I only selected dps but I was the only tanking possible class and I had to switch to dark charge I think once or twice but I tanked the majority of Battle for Ilum with lightning stance and full dps wh.

So yeah you should be able to tank some flashpoints with dark charge and dps gear if you got some talents in the tanking tree which help out.

depends on the group really. i had a hybrid tank/dps shadow wearing full pvp dps gear. after i realized slow time was replaced by FiB and his surv/mit was crap i held back on boss fights and did more crowd control to speed up the fp. the group realized what was going on so we just went with it since we were over geared. (cept for our pvp hero)*

*PvP tanks are easy to spot since they move around a lot for no good reason.

Edited by vojinsa

• 2 weeks later...
I would suggest running low lvl ops as DPS to get your tank set. Make sure others know what u need to roll on and let you. Once you have half tionese/Columi you can move to HM EV/KP and get rakata. Easy to do if you run with a super geared group. Once you get rakata, its a grind to get to semi BH and start on HM EC.

I am a pure PVP guy with all most full WH dps geare. But I wanna start PVE as a tank so where to start for PVE the gear ?

Simply what can I tank with my current gear ?

Also the type of tanking gear you want to get also depends on what character and advanced class you are. Otherwise most of what everyone who has posted before me has said is good advice.

Also the type of tanking gear you want to get also depends on what character and advanced class you are. Otherwise most of what everyone who has posted before me has said is good advice.

He's posting in the assassins forum so I'm going to go out on a limb here...