rookie ?s

spacialwreckage

PvP gear in a PvE setting -

PvP gear can work perfectly well in a PvE setting but not preferable because the expertise it has takes away from some of the preferred stats that the PvE gear normally would but still works well.

PvE gear in a PvP setting -

Without the added Expertiese gear, you will be loosing out on the amount of damage you do and the healing you receive. Would be the difference on getting hit by a 5k or a 2k crit.

To make things short, I would feel safe to bring in a full set PvP gear into HM FP's but wouldnt bring it into a raid and then I would already have it for PvP matches. I wouldn't wear my PvE armor when i plan on PvPing.

Edited by haliy

I have 2 sets of gear. One for each type of fight. Although, until I find something better, I wear a few battle master (PVP) pieces into PVE.

It doesn't take too long to change either, I just get it out of my cargo hold and put in on. I don't even have to get off my scooter.

Recruit gear (pvp) is free at 50 and if you have done a lot of PVP before then, you can get some battle master gear too. Until you get good PVE gear, you can easily do your dailies in Recruit gear. Heck, I did my first 2 rounds of Black Hole dailies in level 49 gear.

Good rule of thumb is to get your main stat plus endurance up for PVE. For PVP, main stat, expertise and endurance.

Hope to see you in a WZ or a raid soon!