Is Treek Good For Guardian Tank?

How useful is Treek for a Guardian Tank? If I'm going to shell out the cash to gear her, which isn't a small chunk of change, would it be worth it?

And if it is, should I spec her as Tank or Healer? The reason why I'm asking is because I can find loads of info on how good of a Tank or Healer she is, but I can't find anything on how much damage she does. Having a companion who can back me up but not slow down the killing too much would be great. My Guardian isn't exactly easy to take down, but I do solo a lot and having that extra security wouldn't suck.

If you want Treek to do more damage then change her stance to tank and you DPS. Enemies go down fast when I DPS and she tanks because even as a tank she does lots of damage. I also don't gear her in full tank gear. I go for mostly dps/heal heavy gear and switch out implants/shield/earpiece when I need to.

Great heals. The heavy armor makes her way better than Doc. She doesn't do as much DPS as Kira in tank or heal spec. I use her (Treek) for most content so I don't have to stop and rest. Makes heroics a joke.

• 3 weeks later...

Treek is the companion to use for anything really, need a healer? use treek in healz mode, need a tank? use treek, turn on tank stance....the other companions are just useless, if you want to romance a companion, just use gifts.

It would have been better if they made all companions like Treek, where your choices made no difference to your affection with them, they can heal or tank, that way you could use any companion you wanted, but sadly, they made companions like they are now. oh well.

• 3 weeks later...
That depends on your gear. If your gear is poor, you need a healer companion. As your gear gets better, you'll find yourself preferring a damage-dealing companion. Treek does pretty decent damage, but it's still less than you'll get out of a properly-geared Kira or Rusk.