This is dumb

Beanboix

So I was wondering if the people at SWTOR are worried about offending people with the days of the week? I was writing a guild message to have a meeting this SATURDAY and it blocked out the word SATURDAY!!! Are you kidding me?? How dumb is that? I can understand if I was actually writing a cuss word, that would be different, but I wasn't!! Please stop catering to thin skinned people, if someone is gonna be offended with a day of the week then they have serious issues to begin with.

So I was wondering if the people at SWTOR are worried about offending people with the days of the week? I was writing a guild message to have a meeting this SATURDAY and it blocked out the word SATURDAY!!! Are you kidding me?? How dumb is that? I can understand if I was actually writing a cuss word, that would be different, but I wasn't!! Please stop catering to thin skinned people, if someone is gonna be offended with a day of the week then they have serious issues to begin with.

The devs dont like working weekends....thats why its not a nice word in this game.

Filter probably reacted to the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th character in the word. Take your time.. right the letters down on a sheet of paper and I think you will see why.

It's not thin skinned players, it's a liability mitigation that all companies do in one form or another. Turn off your profanity filters and it should fix that. See.. by putting in the filters with them set on initially, it's on the player if they turn the filters off.

Edited by Andryah

I turned off my language filter shortly after release when it censored the word sharpshooters - which was the character class I was playing at the time! I don't know if it still filters that word, but any language filter that censors terms used with in the game itself is just so pathetic.

(in case you're wondering, I can only figure it's because of sharpsHOOTERS... oy vey!)

Saturday.

Stupid and juvenile, but pretty sure that's what triggers it. Disable chat profanity filter, use "Sat.", whatever.

Oki just had a huge laugh over this

I remember once saying something was like a cockroach and would not die. Then puzzled why the profanity filter kicked off. Lmao. But Saturday. Haha!

The devs dont like working weekends....thats why its not a nice word in this game.

Also I believe there summer break is coming up pretty soon so that means no main devs for like 4 months

well, you are all a bunch of TURDS

I could list a heap of words that should probably be censored and aren't, but I won't because they can be handy to express one's self. I figure if Bio don't employ people who can't use a dictionary or quality control their own work, then I'll keep using them when I can't use more mundane and less offensive words because they filter them. 🙄

Oh God, MMORPGs and profanity filters! The tales I could tell!

Oh, well since you asked...

* ArcheAge by default bleeps out the names of some *important* in-game locations.

* Runes of Magic in French bleeps out a couple of completely inoffensive French words: R E T A R D (means "late" in French, something else in English) and C A V E (means "cellar" in French, and is an obscure euphemism for female genitals in English).