Hood up armor?

JalenTigh

Personally I'm not a huge fan of the hood up look, but that's just because i love the way my sith pureblood looks. Honestly i think they should just implement a hood up or down option just like the hide head slot option.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I'm going to roll a juggernaught just because I want the black robe/armor combo with a hood.

I absolutely hate the evil Terminator-Iron man armor that I thought was on the juggernaught because of the Sith Warrior progression video.:mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there Marauder community. As an Imperial Agent, i feel your pain. In the IA concept art there's a picture with an IA sporting a hooded tunic, and i looked for something like that everywhere. I only found blue/green gear, no orange. This was way back in January. Since then, they added a legacy vendor and the awesome chestpiece is there, so even if will take a long time, at some point i will get it.

What i don't get is why they didn't added something unique to the Mara vendor as well. Legacy level 20 means you won't get it right away, but if you work for it, you will eventually get it, 100%. Heck, we don't even need 100%. Right now i'm farming for Supreme Inquisitor's Robe for my Assassin, and i can deal with Hoth being the most farmed planet on my sever (poor Mu Bacha is probably the most farmed mob there), i can deal with RNG and low drop rate, as long as i know that someday, sooner or later, i will get it one way or another. That robe is the only one of its kind for inquisitors, but it's worth all the effort, but at least we got hope.

Now, the reason i'm writing this is because before i took a break from swtor, i read this thread looking for the exact thing that you are all looking. I've been back for a month now, some of the reasons i quit back then were fixed (orange gear viable for example) but it's sad to see that with all the added stuff there's still little hope for Marauders to look nice.

I suppose that with 1.3, you'll be able to rip off the mods of some Agent columni/rakata gear, use an augmentation kit and make it viable. But what about before level 50 ? I don't know how you people are, but for me looks > stats, and i don't plan on leveling a character if it doesn't look the way i like it to. So what can we do ?

In my neverending quest to make the most of what i got here is what i could find. Firstly, hang on to that black talon inquisitor's tunic. It will serve you well. Secondly, look in the GTN for an item named Force Sentinel Headgear. This will be your first helm that shows under hoods. Coupled with the BT tunic, you will ALMOST get a Revan-like appearance. This will serve you well until level 43, when you can get an augmented Marauder Elite Headgear. This mask will last you forever basically, and it will show under the hoods of pvp/pve gear.

Alternatively, if you rolled a Juggernaut for the looks, hold on to your Chestguard of Savagery/Entropic Assault. You can use a breather mask with that, you all know it. But few know that you can also use a Battlemaster Vindicator's Headgear for that supreme pimp Revan look. Unfortunately, there are no other full-face masks that will show under the hood, so until 50 you are stuck with with a breather mask+hood. Inquisitors have the same problem, but they don't even get breather masks.

Right now, i have the following beefs when it comes to looks:

- Lack of medium armor "true" robes;

- Lack of Light and Heavy armor full-face masks that show under the hoods.

- Level 40 PvP gear is supposed to be a milestone, yet for some classes it looks like crap;

- Lack of variety concerning some classes' gear, Marauder being the front-runner. Our pre-50 orange options are limited to tunic, tunic with antennas, tunic with tails, tunic with antennas and tails and a hood down robe.

Now, i hope these tips will alleviate your pain a bit. My Marauder is level 30 and i push it to 34 to get to wear the Force Sentinel Headgear under my BT tunic and forget for a moment that we are the ugly child of the art department. At 34 i will touch myself some more then park it for a while, and go on to level other alts with better looking gear.

You can use a breather mask with that, you all know it. But few know that you can also use a Battlemaster Vindicator's Headgear for that supreme pimp Revan look. Unfortunately, there are no other full-face masks that will show under the hood, so until 50 you are stuck with with a breather mask+hood. Inquisitors have the same problem, but they don't even get breather masks..

Wrong, the Marauder's Foundry Hood that drops in BP is a full facemask and actually looks better than the PvP heads imo. Also the Vindicator head is Heavy bro.

Wrong, the Marauder's Foundry Hood that drops in BP is a full facemask and actually looks better than the PvP heads imo. Also the Vindicator head is Heavy bro.

Read the sentence before the ones you quoted, it will answer your post.

The bad news is that the Vindicator headgear will clip with the hooded chestguard of savagery/entropic assault/corellia commendations.

• 1 month later...
^^^ think that was removed just like all the good looking mara gear

Removed? Can you clarify? Ive just come back after a hiatus so I don't know if I have missed something..

I agree on lack of goodlooking gear part, same for pretty much every class imo.

Edited by Karkais

This one is pretty awesome.. I think this is as close as I can get to making my guy look like the guys from the trailer

http://assets.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/users/81728/pics/full/976160.jpg

Yes, it is awesome, from my viewpoint there is a problem however. Its medium armor.

edit: Argh I would delete this post if I could, sorry for pointless oneliner. :o

Edited by Karkais

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After reading this intire thread I regret choosing the marauder :( I chose the marauder for the looks and the lightsabre combat style.

I'm a low lvl marauder and now what I have to look forward to is armor that makes me look like a 80's heavy metal rockband. I mean spikes ? C'mon I wanna look like a Sith not a walking lightning rod.

Now I'm gonna do what some of you fellow marauders do is to get light armor to look decent ;C ........(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┳━┳ ◡ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ┻━┻

• 2 weeks later...