Can any HM be duo'd?

My wife and I (Tank-specced Guardian w/ Kira, and Heal-specced Sage w/ Nadia) are proficient with our classes and have duo'd a number of challenging things, but have never done a HM and want to start working on that and our dailies.

Are any of the HM FP's duo'able with this set up or is this just fantasy? I can accept any answer and we're happy to start grouping up, but it's just a question so please keep it civil ;-) and on point, thanks!

Edited by Regnor

Unless you and your companions are fully Columi/Rakata geared out, I highly doubt it...the Companion fight mechanics don't match up with the Enrage Timers...If there were no Enrage Timers I would say sure, especially Taral V on Light Side...but Enrage Timers make it impossible really...

Enrage timers on boss fights may lead to some issues. I'm not sure how much worse companion DPS is compared to a player but I'm guessing that lack of DPS will become obvious on any boss fight.

My wife and I (Tank-specced Guardian w/ Kira, and Heal-specced Sage w/ Nadia) are proficient with our classes and have duo'd a number of challenging things, but have never done a HM and want to start working on that and our dailies.

Are any of the HM FP's duo'able with this set up or is this just fantasy? I can accept any answer and we're happy to start grouping up, but it's just a question so please keep it civil ;-) and on point, thanks!

The obvious answer here is "yes", and while it is technically correct, I suspect that the characters and companions would have to be so well geared that the drops you get from the HM would be basically irrelevant vendor trash.

I think that settles that. We are not even columni geared yet so we've got some work to do. I doubt we'll be able to pull it off at this stage, and it probably wouldn't be as much fun anyway. Thanks all

My wife and I, as tank and healer with our companions as dps, have so far done HM BT, Foundry, and FE. We started with crafted gear and ran BT a lot of times til we got enough comms to get a few pieces of gear before we tackled HM Foundry and HM FE. Being good at controlling your companions is a must. also, for some bosses, having your ranged dps geared up is quite helpful. Even the healers aid in some boss fights, like Foundry HK. He doesn't have an enrage timer, just a fight mechanic of hitting panels, so I use my melee dpser (jaesa), and she'll use her healer( either Talos or Mako pending on who she's playing). The fight is long with a bunch of adds, but without the threat of an enrage, we keep the extra healer out to make it a bit less stressful on her.

I'm glad to hear we aren't the only ones doing them, and we both wish you luck. We have wiped PLENTY of times trying to learn how we can manage, but now we clear those three with no problem and are gonna be trying some other ones.

i almost duo'd BT HM with a guildy but our pets were too stupid to run away from when that jedi chic pulls you in.

we were gonna try her again and spam passive or whatever tells yoru pets not to attack but we got a third person and did it no problem.

i almost duo'd BT HM with a guildy but our pets were too stupid to run away from when that jedi chic pulls you in.

we were gonna try her again and spam passive or whatever tells yoru pets not to attack but we got a third person and did it no problem.

Passive would be enough to 2 man it.

It works. Even on the stupid poisonous strategy quest when those elites drop their aoe.

You can 2 man all the HM fps if u are skilled and geared enough. Me (playing merc dps alt) with mako healing and an assasin tank with maruder dps often do a clean hm wipe. We did one today and tomorrow well do another.. Every hm except boi becuase its just not worth the work.

Btw it should be added that the tank is biochem and full rakata. Orange heavy modded bracpers and belt, stim and her companion is also rakata..

My merc is full columi lots of mods replaced with rakata level. Orange belt and bracers. Mako is full raka though.

Yeah BT-HM is doable.

I did this as a sorcerer full columi dps spec, with healer companion columi geared with a friend marauder dps columi geared with his healer out too.

Not going to lie - it is much easier to have 4 people, but doing it with only 2 people does make BT more challenging :)

Haven't tried the other ones but I'm guessing, judging from my BT run, that they'll be pretty damn hard!

Possible? Yes.

Worthwhile? Nope.

At the gear level to do this you wont need anything that the instances provide. Now if your just in it for the fun and challenge then yup go ahead. I've duo'd a couple on my Smuggler (Sawbones - Fully modded Rakata) with Corso as a tank (Rakata / Columi) with a friend. The challenge was fun .. but everything is pretty much vendor trash.

Did the bonus boss on TFE with a companion as one of our DPS. Should be possible to do non-bonus bosses of most HMs with two companions.

As others have said though, this would be at a point where most or all of the loot is junk to you.

Have duoed BT HM without any deaths on companions or players, Am Jugg tank in BiS gear and my healing buddy is almost in full rakata. Have also done every HM flashpoint except D7 with Quinn as our healer.

But the above is all gear dependant, My Quinn is in a mix of Rakata and Columi, My jugg is in BiS gear and my FP buddies are all in rakata gear and we all know what we are doing. ;)