Elite commendations = capped again

The 200 cap is way to low. I didnt do flashpoints for 2 days. Did several today. Cleared SV, Toborro and TFB. Add the weekly rewards and you're capped before the week is over. 2 Elite comms from each challange boss.

Double the weekly cap so we keep doing flashpoints. Now, I just don't bother to log my sage healer untill reset day.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 200 cap is way to low. I didnt do flashpoints for 2 days. Did several today. Cleared SV, Toborro and TFB. Add the weekly rewards and you're capped before the week is over. 2 Elite comms from each challange boss.

Double the weekly cap so we keep doing flashpoints. Now, I just don't bother to log my sage healer untill reset day.

I somewhat agree, without trying I managed to cap my Elite comms by Friday. That was just running:

- 16 man TFB SM

- 8 man Golden Fury SM

- 8 man S&V SM

- a handful of 55 HM FPs

I'm also already at the point that Elites are nearly worthless for me and I'm gearing up alts/companions with them. Hell, I was at the point a week ago.

You know that's the point of cap, that some people are capped before it's reset. I'm not saying I agree, but the fact is you play a lot compared to average player.

Yes, penalize people who have time to devote more hours to the game so casual players can attempt to keep up in gear.

Lame attempt by BW to extend playtime for every player all that it is.

I love these fuchs that say "slow down" or "go on a date" lol. If you don't have something useful to comment then don't!

I like the caps they upped so far, but subbing to a game should come with NO restrictions IMHO!! End all the restrictive caps! You want us to play your game right? Why slow us down if we have more time to play than others?!

Yes, penalize people who have time to devote more hours to the game so casual players can attempt to keep up in gear.

You are not penalized.

You are not restrict to any content (if you are Sub, not F2P).

You are not restricted to amount of tokens (i.e. gear) you can get from any number of raids you do per day.

run operations and get your gear

your ability to get raid content gear doing solo playing should be restricted as it is

week limit is enough to buy some pieces that can not be fet in ops - relics and so on

play for fun, not for comms!

It does seem a bit low when I hit cap on my main before the weekend...but it does serve as a reminder that I have other toons, and that there are other productive ways to get gear. I went into an EV HM the other day for the weekly ultimate comms and ended up having a pretty good time. I probably would have just been grinding flashpoints otherwise.

I'm also already at the point that Elites are nearly worthless for me and I'm gearing up alts/companions with them. Hell, I was at the point a week ago.

Yeah, I ran into the same thing myself. It doesn't help that everything that Elite Commendations can buy are very poorly optimized, gear-wise. At this point, all I use them for is belts/bracers so I can rip the unlettered mod out.

You know that's the point of cap, that some people are capped before it's reset. I'm not saying I agree, but the fact is you play a lot compared to average player.

My main is usually capped on Wednesday, never later than Thursday. After which, I lose motivation to run my main on anything that doesn't reward ultimate comms, or is likely to be highly "entertaining". The cap is way too low...needs to be at least 250, preferably 300.

Yep, last week I was capped pretty early and thus kinda annoyed because I couldn't get the comms fro the boss kills, this week (well, it's thursday now..), I only did the weekly hm fp and my raids and I jut barely made it with the cap in yesterday's raid. I mean, it's good I *don't* have to farm fps every day and I was kinda busy and only really been doing my regular ops, but what about weeks where I have more time and want to play more? They should do something about it. Just because someone has more time doesn't mean he doesn't deserve more rewards than cap.

I love these fuchs that say "slow down" or "go on a date" lol. If you don't have something useful to comment then don't!

I like the caps they upped so far, but subbing to a game should come with NO restrictions IMHO!! End all the restrictive caps! You want us to play your game right? Why slow us down if we have more time to play than others?!

I agree there should be no limits if we sub but the caps haven't really slowed a lot of players on my server that are in high end guilds with a lot of 55 and there is no cap on your legacy, they blow thu S and V On HM on alts as well as mains . these caps really did nothing but the stop us from gearing up in one hour and as before they will complain were gearing to fast .

Edited by tanktest

You are not penalized.

You are not restrict to any content (if you are Sub, not F2P).

You are not restricted to amount of tokens (i.e. gear) you can get from any number of raids you do per day.

run operations and get your gear

your ability to get raid content gear doing solo playing should be restricted as it is

week limit is enough to buy some pieces that can not be fet in ops - relics and so on

play for fun, not for comms!

What if getting comms = fun for a player? What then?

Limits are a horrible idea for subs. You are basically telling people to do something else than play the game you paid for.

What if the same thing happened to a gym membership? Oh you got a six-pack? Yea, how about we don't allow you to use our equipment for a few weeks, since you know....you been working out too much.

Just doesn't make sense.

Yeah I'd say it's good to throttle unhealthy playing style. You can't have everyone fully geared 3 weeks into the expansion. If you could race into all of that stuff then you wouldn't care much about running flashpoints anymore and that would be bad for the game. I don't even know waht to think that people are getting 200 so easily that they fill like they need to take a break until the reset. And complaining about it when they're already on pace to be fully geared in a month or so minus chances at drops or crafted mods. Edited by sumuji

Go on a date? I don't think my wife would like that.

I just did 1 ops today, 1 hardmode FP. Got the weekly Toroboro, Galactic Conflicts (3 hm weekly, istantly complete before I even picked it up, yes bugged, I know), Weekly GroupFinder quest and the bonus boss. 1 hour of gameplay = 35 Elite coms.

Tonight we have Scum and probably TFB tomorrow or the day after. I do 1 hardmode flashpoint a day. Meaning I will be capped on Saturday again.

I got 4 repub at 50, 1 imp at 50 and 3 imps 40+ leveled to 50 jusf or the storylines. Not bothering to much with leveling them to 55. Neither will I be gearing them to the teeth.

Remove that idiotic weekly cap so I keep playing.

I've been running 55 FPs HM for a week now I run at least one a day, most of the time 3-5 a day. Last night I ran 8 of them in a row. I have yet to see anything more then 1 count that 1 piece of tanking gear for my shadow... It was a Black market implant. 90% of the drops I see are cunning gear. If they aren't going to remove the caps then they need to at least make the gear drop rates better and more balanced, not drop cunning in a FP that is all strength, aim or willpower users... I ran tonight with someone that found so much cunning gear his companion is in all black marker gear. that is crazy that after all this I have 2 pieces to show for it cuz of the caps and low coms/gear drops. All I know is its enough to make me want to quit and go back to another MMO again.

Heh, I run 16 Man HM TFB, SV and GF on Tuesday and Wednesday. I am capped on elite AND ultimate coms before I even bother with GF or SM's. Ok well I guess that isn't 100% true, I think I get like 1 or 2 boss's that give me coms out of SM. It really annoys me because there is then no reward for doing anything else and when you do that stupid message keeps popping up reminding you that you are capped.

I do understand why the cap is there, however I do not agree with how easy it can be done. I would prefer that boss's drop nothing or a reduced amount. That way I can actually feel like I am getting something for running the lower content. Then again, maybe I can just clear HM's with ease and not play until NiM is released......oooo or go level more ALTS!

Go on a date? I don't think my wife would like that.

maybe you sohuld take her with you ;-)

best gear comes from tokens any way.. comms gives relics and mods/enhancment replacments, temporary gear or companion stuff.. not really a biggie.

I dont get it. Who cares about Elite Coms caps? If you hit the cap so soon every week you are already drowning in gear.

Why does one need more coms at this point? The 69 com items are poorly optimized and 72 stuff is really not that hard to obtain. Give it a rest. One or two weeks down the road you wont care about Elite Coms. Or HM FPs for that matter.

And if you just want to play, the caps doesn’t hurt you.