Not sure , help someone?

SamTheMans

Right i have synthweaving at 400 and i can craft rakata weaponmaster waistcord and bracers , but after that it seems pretty useless because not many people are buying the gear because you can use moddable gear and they just buy mods , so im thinking would it be better to switch to artifice so i can make 22+ hilts , mods etc?

Because i dont fancy paying 1 mil creds for 27 mod or hilts etc etc. and they can make a pretty penny from the GTN. Just not sure because i dont want to lose my level 400 synthweaving for something that isnt worth it.

Any help would be appreciated. I sort of jumped head first into the crafting with the intention of making credits but it hasnt really worked with synthweaving. Its cool making gear etc for my alt but that is about it.

Yeah, synth is mostly about levelling gear and augments. For artifice, it's COSTLY to learn 26 and 27 schematics -- REing gear from ops is a slow process and you're likely to waste a lot of gear that people could otherwise use. Likewise with wasting BH comms. Or you can burn millions of creds buying and REing other people's enhancements and hilts. Once you learn something that in-demand it can be pretty lucrative, but it requires a big effort to get there.

If you're going to leave synthweaving, be sure to make a few dozen Augmentation Kit MK-6's first. You'll want 14 per set of gear, @ 35k each~~

For me, that's been a sustainable source of crafting income; artifice has been nerfed too many times! (It has no consumables, the best stats on saber crystals, hilts, etc are available in drops...)

My advice in this scenario is role an alt. Perception on what is the most useful skill can change with an update or just over time - Cybertech was considered the worst skill of the lot shortly after launch.

Therefore don't waste the effort in gettin synthweaving to 400, make an alt, get him to 3 companions which doesn't require that much effort. With legacy providing a way of transfering things around characters it's easier to win an item on your main then dish out the components to alts for RE. Admittedly for mainhand/offhand this is more difficult.

Synthweaving is not a good money maker. augments are cheap right now and you'll be able to afford them easily. Switch to c-tech or artifice and RAID to r/e rare schematics. Guaranteed millions of credits. Get a synthweaver alt and send him on missions from time to time if you need augs but synthweaving shouldn't be a primary money maker.

My advice in this scenario is role an alt. Perception on what is the most useful skill can change with an update or just over time - Cybertech was considered the worst skill of the lot shortly after launch.

Therefore don't waste the effort in gettin synthweaving to 400, make an alt, get him to 3 companions which doesn't require that much effort. With legacy providing a way of transfering things around characters it's easier to win an item on your main then dish out the components to alts for RE. Admittedly for mainhand/offhand this is more difficult.

This would be my advice too. Don't drop the skill. Make an alt. At the moment, Synthweaving (and Armomech) are in the same place regarding "end game" crafting. Just a few augments. But that could change

As the for the hilts/barrels, well, if you bought one of the legacy weapons from the last event, you can move around barrels. Here's hoping the next event will include a similar one to move the hilts :)

Yeah, synth is mostly about levelling gear and augments. For artifice, it's COSTLY to learn 26 and 27 schematics -- REing gear from ops is a slow process and you're likely to waste a lot of gear that people could otherwise use. Likewise with wasting BH comms. Or you can burn millions of creds buying and REing other people's enhancements and hilts. Once you learn something that in-demand it can be pretty lucrative, but it requires a big effort to get there.

As always seems to be the case in MMO's, the mats used for crafting are more valuable than the crafted items made with them.