What is your character's motivation?

Velaran

To serve the Republic, no matter the cost, no matter what sick, disgusting, dark-side actions my character has to make, he will serve the rightful government.

^ That is the "public" image he portrays to his superiors.

His true internal motivations are revenge on Tavus' betrayal and the defection of his SpecForce Team, Havoc Squad. Personal gain are placed after serving the republic, but he won't say no to some well paying side jobs. Also, he is a bit of a zealot, so he kills all traitors, all potential traitors, and lies, cheats, steals, and takes advantage of all who oppose the Republic.

AKA 100% Tier 5, 0 LS points, Dark-Sided Trooper XD

Major Koldury, Commando Trooper

Stands for the military ideals of honor and duty above all. He has and will disobey corrupt, self serving orders from his superiors as his first oath of service was given to the ideals of the Republic. However, he is not above dark deeds as long as they serve the greater good, "better to sacrifice one than to watch a thousand burn." He views the Empire as a collection of violent, mindless drones and despises his Bounty Hunter brother with a vengeance. He won't rest until the Imp Scum have been pushed back to Dromund Kass and he watches the planet burn like Coruscant did years

Main: Astinic, neutral IA sniper (net LS + DS = 0, didn't actually try for that lol).

His primary motivation is to make the galaxy better for everyone that isn't a Jedi or Sith. The Sith harm the Empire more than they help through constant infighting and a lack of regard for throwing away troops. He considers the Jedi to be no better based on personal interactions with them, and will kill anyone that betrays him or takes advantage of him when needed. However, if sparing someone will make them a valuable resource, it happens. (Fathra was spared, as an example, as was Chance.) In order to achieve his goal of improving the Empire, he works as a lone agent, preferring not to be recognized for anything he does since recognition leaves a path someone can follow to try to catch up to him.

Alt: Shadeswind, DS IV marauder

His motivation is to gain power and serve the Emperor. He'll do almost anything to undermine the Republic, but will not always kill anyone affiliated with them. However, any mercy he shows is expected to be repaid, such as calling on a spared Republic squad to help fight another Sith. When fighting Jedi, he prefers to try to turn them to the dark side before killing them, exposing them as liars and weak in their own beliefs.

my trooper was just to protect the Republic and its citizens, and eliminating any enemies.

Light side from saving people.... with dark side killing Siths.... sent me grey. perfect.....except there arent any rewards.... so after a while i just went full Light side. but then those rewards dont last either....

LS BH - My ******** idependent Chiss works for the Empire because they pay her, but she looks at the bigger picture and tries to stay on the side of right. That doesn't always mean LS decisions, because sometimes mercy is not the right answer. (On an aside, this has meant that occasionally she turns down side quests that involve doing heinous things. She'd rather take the xp hit :p) Oh, and never bowing and sc******...ever.

LS Trooper - She honestly believes in the ideals of the Republic, but is well aware of its faults so she doesn't trust the Senate or the upper ranks of the military (especially with doomsday weapons). So she does her part, helps out those she can, smacks the idiots she can reach, and makes up her own mind on the best course of action. She's a professional, extremely goal-oriented and efficient, and takes her responsibilities to her team very seriously. And she has a serious thing for Aric Jorgen, lol.

LS Consular - So far no DS points, she is wise, patient, spiritual, and curious. She follows the Force rather than edicts from the Council or the Senate, and trusts that things will work out. Above all she wants to learn.

LS Inquisitor - She's the m-f**king queen, and she knows it. Make her a slave, will you? She'll rule this dirtball and the rest of the galaxy someday, just watch her. She has no patience whatsoever for idiots, bows to no one, and hates slavery and torture. She'll most likely make quite a few DS decisions along the way because she's not particularly kind, it's just that cruelty is usually monumentally stupid.

Jedi Sentinel: Save the galaxy, serve the jedi order, hook up with Kira.

Smuggler Gunslinger: Do whatever he wants, to whoever he wants, and get his way everytime. Killing, or exploiting whoever, sometimes for sick pleasure. Ya he's a nut.

IA Operative: He's not sure yet what he believes in. He wants to serve the empire, but some things bother him. He's military, so he does what is asked of him, but it kills him a little to do these things. Conflicted, but loyal.

Raynos- Sith Juggernaut To avenge his family, killed by a dark jedi, and someday rid the galaxy of the Jedi Order! Also wants to keep the Empire's citizens in line, and make sure of no corruption within the military ranks. Edited by NuclearDonut

Sniper: Serve the Empire as best he can, but also have a lot of fun while doing it. Doing the right thing when the situation calls for it, even if the right thing nets DS points. Also to knock boots with Raina every chance he gets. ;)

Merc: It's all about the Honor and the Credits. Not necessarily in THAT order. But definitely keeping Mako happy. She's the healer, so she needs to be kept VERY happy. ;)

Juggernaut: Doing what's good and just in every situation, since Honor and Integrity are his primary concerns. Reform in the Empire for the good of all its citizens. And keeping Vette happy too. :D

Assassin: It's all about the FREEDOM, baby! Yeah!!! Do what feels like the most fun, and get some Lightning mojo going on anyone that tells him he can't do something!

Guardian: Vigilante Justice at the point of a Lightsaber. 'Nuff said.

Vanguard: Make everyone stop and stare at his red skin and bony protrusions from his jaw, while still doing whatever is necessary to protect the Republic.... And not lose his soul in the process.

Gunslinger: Her, and her, and her over there, and yeah, she's fine too... oh, and DEFINITELY her!

Forgive the wall of text, but I was inspired by this thread. :o

Kitiara(Cyborg, legacy founder)--Juggernaut, Dark V, alignment Lawful Evil: The favored child from a proud bloodline, she developed the demeanor of cold yet proper nobility. While she gained a sense of snark while knowing Vette, the course of her story has made her into a much darker and humorless person. She is very loyal to the (true) Emperor and firmly believes that the bickering among the Sith makes it more difficult to run a unified government. She disagrees with the overuse of slavery and feels all beings should have the chance aspire to power. However, if proven weak, useless or a traitor(to herself or the Empire,) she will strike that person down without a thought. She believes that the Sith are truly absolute, and lives by the credo, "Might is Right." She feels the philosophy and lifestyle needs to extend to all beings in the galaxy.

Natashina(Human, younger sister)--Sorcerer, Dark III, alignment Neutral Evil(formerly Chaotic Evil): After committing an "unauthorized murder" on a fellow student, her family was of no help and agreed that she should be enslaved. For years, she had no sense of compassion, caring or respect from the world around her. After being disowned by her parents and sister, she had nothing but disdain for both the Dark Council and the Empire. Initially, she abused her new found freedom to cause pain and fear wherever she went. Thanks to the friendships found among her crew, she has since learned to be more calculating and cool in her decisions. Now she is trying to build her own power base and her fame is spreading. Unlike the rest of her family, she has dreams of retiring one day and is trying to be secure enough to be the rare Sith Lord that does just that. She wants to teach her children about the Force as well as tell her tale of the weak rising to be the strong. She has no aspirations to ascend to the Dark Council and tries to stay out of politics as much as possible.

Khaz(Human, fraternal twin brother of Kitiara)--Guardian, Light IV, alignment Lawful Good: As an infant, Khaz's parents found him too much of a handful, with no trace of Force sensitivity from him. Frustrated, they sent him to be raised by his aunt. When he was 4 years old, he began showing signs of his connection to the Force. His aunt, being a kind hearted sort, sent him to be raised by the Jedi order. His parents and sister believe him dead in Korriban, another failed acolyte in the tombs of that graveyard world. Like his younger sister, he is prone to a bit of an attitude problem, and has a distaste for corrupt politicians. Yet through it all he believes in the goodness of the Light and he remains a faithful guardian of the people of the Republic. Just do not ever break a vow or try to harm his padawan.

Diablos(Sith Pureblood, adopted child of Kitiara)--Marauder, Light I, alignment Lawful Netural : Raised to be Sith from birth, Diablos at first fell to the trappings of the darkside on Korriban. The first tastes of power were addictive, but he quickly began to question the motives of the Dark Council. It's methods of culling the weak from the strong seemed too direct, and the Emperor has taken no action. He felt that too many resources were being wasted in the grabs for power. After his rebirth in the cult of Revan, he now vows to reshape the Empire and the Sith Order, using all information available. Unlike his mother, he seeks to preserve all knowledge no matter where it comes from and believes in the balance between passion and peace. However, like his mother, he finds the xenophobia in the Empire to be wasteful and out dated. He also believes the Sith are absolute, but they need to take responsibility for shaping the Empire for long term goals. In his eyes, the teachings of Revan and others that have walked the line between Dark and Light serve the most value.

Jynna(Chiss, adopted child of Kitiara)--Sniper, Neutral, alignment Chaotic Neutral(bordering on Chaotic Evil): After her mother learned from her aunt's "mistake" with Khaz, Jynaa was forced into service of the Empire by her mother due to her shooting skills(as well as lack of Force sensitivity.) She has developed a hatred of all Sith and has become estranged with her mother. She feels the Sith are the weakest beings in the galaxy and knows that if the Sith continue, they will take everyone down with them. While outwardly working in service of the Imperial Agency, she is mainly in it for the thrill of the kill. Only time will tell if she will continue to walk that thin line between loyalty to the Empire and the hunt...

Edited by natashina

Imperial Agent.... Following the orders of Watcher.. trying to make sure the Empire wins out, after all they gave me a really nice ship, right? I have a license to kill but don't use it randomly. Trying to clean up after messy sith power plays as I go about conducting business for the intelligence service while advancing my own wants or needs. Whether that be power, or credits. The occasional tryst with a wanting lady noble. I've shot a woman in the leg to make a point yet let others live who would cause no harm. Every situation an opportunity and a chance to advance in the Empirical Intelligence apparatus.

I'd much rather have credits than prestige. Notoriety is overrated. I'd rather be the whisper in the dark.. the faint voice that carries the steel of warning for those that would cross the Empire or myself.

(ooc, my decisions are based on the moment and how it would advance me as an operative. Amazingly enough I am still neutral.. not dark or light. Then again though, isn't that the mark of a good operative.. lol)

My smuggler simply wants to have fun and go on adventures whenever and wherever he can, the more dangerous the job the better (credits are merely a fortunate by product).

Though he is a bit of a softy when it comes to his crew.

Edited by kreite

VERY nice, RP intricate thing to do. I might start doing the same. But what's the shortcut for it? My Sorc is currently using Force Mask to hide his 'corruption' in RP too.

Not sure what you mean by shortcut.... If you mean like an easy way to turn it on/off there is none... I have to open the character tab and click it on/off.

Twi'lek Sith on the Rubat Crystal, he is motivated by wealth and ancient artifacts.

A treasure hunter and a historian my Twi'lek spends most of his time collecting rare and valuable art.

He has expensive tastes in both alcohol and women and would rather spend his time in the luxury of his multi-story condo on Nar Shadda than on the battlefield.

He also finds the war unnecessary but has learned to profit from it. He cares little for the jedi and does not hate them nor care for them, they are simply a nuisance.

My Imperial Agent is practically identical of yours. I played with a very misplaced sense of loyalty to the Empire, there is a lot of conflict within him, and he wants to explore new things and try different ways of life. His real motive is not to make the Empire a better place, but the galaxy a better place. And have some fun with Kaliyo ;)