Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

They did tell you that, all the PvE and PvP servers will be either origin or destination servers in this phase. The only exceptions are the RP servers as they don't have that many candidates to merge with. They will likely be adressed in a later phase of transfers.

However i dont want to have to wait 3 weeks playing on the least populated server still, they have been awfully vague all through this process.

Also, that one point does not render my other arguments invalid

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling that today we will have allot transfers. Lets wait and see. The way there are doing things we will not be in a server to full or to empty. And at the same time wont be waiting 1 or 2 days for my char to transfer. Let them do in a organize way guys ;)

I hope it does.

We do not plan on opening new servers. The origin and destination servers will be chosen from the pool of existing servers. We understand that some players do not wish to undergo a name change, and aren't requiring players to transfer.

This is like shutting off the water and power and telling a man you're not forcing him to move out of his apartment.

Soooo... Umm..... we were like told.... ummm... that transfers where coming today??

umm..... sooo.... theres like 4 NA servers listed..... andddd.... wellll.... you see.... i kinda thought.... ummm.. welll... along with everyone else on my server.... ummmm... that we'd be able to... um... welll.... transfer today....

soooo.... im not really sure..... ummm... if we are going to be able too.... welll... you see.... ummmm transfer today.... soooo... could you.... you know..... maybe give us a projected time line.... that.... ummm... shows when servers are expected to be up for transfers..... sooo..... ummm..... you know.... ummm..... i can tell my guild when to expect to move.... since..... this game has zero support for.... what are those things called? ohh... guilds.

Ahaa, made me laugh.

So...it's just past 10am est and still no new wave of server transfers :(

I think the next wave of transfers should have been ready to go right after maintenance was completed last night. Maintenance, I might add, that was not needed because there was a workaround for the few idiots who tried logging into their characters while they were being transferred.

What's going on? June 13th = Bioware holiday?

To the powers that be:

I am curious what happens to "abandoned" characters on a transfer server. I looked in the FAQ and didn't find an answer (at least, when I looked) and since I can't seem to find a search function in the forums, trying to parse page after page gets a bit tedious and, well, I've been known to miss things doing that.

I have friends that may or may not have an active account that are taking a break from the game. As such, while your notices seem to cover just about all the avenues of communication, I can still see a possibility that a given account might be, well, left behind.

How are you handling these?

So, no new servers today? :)

It is absolutely infuriating when they close perfectly valid threads like the "so no new transfers yet" one they just closed down. Why the heck does everything have to be jammed into 1 thread that people will probably only go through 5% of?

Anyway, I'm not one of those people complaining about the trickle of transfer servers, seems like a prudent thing to do. But the communication from this staff continues to be abysmal. Why not share with us the method behind the madness. Stop being so chicken!$&@ and tell us the details of the plan with the classic "things subject to change".

To the powers that be:

I am curious what happens to "abandoned" characters on a transfer server. I looked in the FAQ and didn't find an answer (at least, when I looked) and since I can't seem to find a search function in the forums, trying to parse page after page gets a bit tedious and, well, I've been known to miss things doing that.

I have friends that may or may not have an active account that are taking a break from the game. As such, while your notices seem to cover just about all the avenues of communication, I can still see a possibility that a given account might be, well, left behind.

They wont be left behind as they are not stopping people from transferring from their Origin to their Destination servers until they specifically say they are going stop transferring characters. Which wont happen for a long time. Probably until they get paid transfers up and running.

It is absolutely infuriating when they close perfectly valid threads like the "so no new transfers yet" one they just closed down. Why the heck does everything have to be jammed into 1 thread that people will probably only go through 5% of?

Anyway, I'm not one of those people complaining about the trickle of transfer servers, seems like a prudent thing to do. But the communication from this staff continues to be abysmal. Why not share with us the method behind the madness. Stop being so chicken!$&@ and tell us the details of the plan with the classic "things subject to change".

Which part of "this will be a gradual process" was unclear?

Is gradual a week? A month? 6 months? That quote give almost zero information on what we can expect.

Which is why it was further clarified that updates would come in not months or even weeks, so days. And then they told us there would be more servers going up sometime this morning.

To the powers that be:

At the moment nothing happens, if they resub while phase 1 of the transfers is still running they can still transfer, BW have said they will give notice before its going to end. My guess is that as a minimum they are going to run this phase until at least a week or two after 1.3 is released (maybe even 1.4) to encourage player to resub.

In the longer term I expect they will reduce the size of those servers to save running costs and eventually merge them and remove servers once they are empty. They might even put all the long term inactive accounts onto a couple of holding servers and let people transfer off if/when they resub.

Edited by Arlbo_Nabbins

Why is it that every other game can manage to do server transfers fine but this game cannot? Why is it that other games investigate problems and fix them as well? It seems that there are only 3 type of responses from their "Community Control": 1. We are closing this thread and moving it to this MEGA thread so you miss everything people are complaining about; 2. We are working on the problem and hope to have a solution available SOON; 3. Please check this <insert vague community page here> for more info that really doesn't tell you anything. Please get a clue and do something about your public relations problems. Edited by ReverandMaynard

***! I just woke up, still no new transfers!?

did they have us an ETA at least?

The ETA is this morning, if we are to assume that "morning" is by Austin, TX time, they have a little over 2 hours until morning is over.

I wish they would at least give us an "order list" to see where our server ranked in the queue. Come to think of it, this is kinda like waiting for PvP on our server :p Although I'm sure we will be able to transfer before the next match is queued :p

Is gradual a week? A month? 6 months? That quote give almost zero information on what we can expect.

They announced 18 origin servers in the first day, that is around 10% of the total origin servers. They then found a bug which stopped them announcing any more. As that is now fixed expect about 1 more week (or less) until all origin servers have been announced.

Edited by Arlbo_Nabbins

I wish they would at least give us an "order list" to see where our server ranked in the queue. Come to think of it, this is kinda like waiting for PvP on our server :p Although I'm sure we will be able to transfer before the next match is queued :p

If they are doing it right theres not gonna be an order list, population balance is a fluid kind of thing, has to be adjusted as you go.