Good Time to Jump Back In to the Game?

Corden

I've been getting ready to return to playing an MMO for a while now, and I've narrowed it down to either coming back to ToR or returning to WoW and giving Legion a go. I've mainly been playing single player and some lobby online games for a while now, and I really miss the sense of community that MMOs offer. I'm not going to get into my history with either game (as I'm twenty-eight years old, and I've been playing MMOs off and on since I was fifteen, so it would take a while), but I'm more or less just trying to see what people would recommend I do.

I've finished the class stories already, but I've never tried any end game in ToR (dungeons, max level PvP, Galactic Command, etc). Are they pretty fun? And do you usually have a hard time finding people to do this stuff with?

I'm a big Star Wars fan, so it always gets the right of way, but if outside of its class stories there isn't too much to do, I do like WoW's lore.

P.S. I'm also a roleplayer if anyone can comment on how active that scene is.

Thanks.

Edit: No longer need this thread. I've decided to just go ahead and come back. I'm sure I'll have a good time, and there appears to be plenty of people to play with. I don't want to hear people telling me why I shouldn't play after I sub and ruin my potential good time, so a mod can feel free to delete this thread.

P.S. I just looked at my post history, and 2 days off from a year ago, I made an almost identical post. I guess I really am a creature of habit. :rolleyes:

Edited by Corden

I'm waiting until 6.0 drops before playing again. Maybe someone will have grown a pair and gotten rid of the mandatory part of the cxp grind.

Aye. I'm also waiting for the removal of RNG gearing.

I came back to SWTOR this past January and stopped logging in for the most part around the end of April. I just can't take the Korean grind anymore. It's so alt-unfriendly. I only have one toon pretty close to 300 but I can't be arsed to finish leveling it.

I'm glad SWTOR is starting to take a new direction with a new Producer at the helm (thank god no more Ben "The Thrill of the Hunt!™" Irving), but honestly I can't justify $15/mo solely for solo ranked. Regular PvP rewards abysmal UCs so that's what I stopped doing reg PvP. Solo ranked, even on Harbinger, is pretty much dead after the start of the season. In essence, RNG gearing hurts gear progression for PvP'ers.

Keith, please remove Galactic Command then I'll definitely come back! :(

Edited by Talon_strikes

I wasn't going to return untill 6.0 either, but then Charles responded in the male romance thread, so I subbed again. I came back at cxp rank 62 or something and am 88 now through PvP only as I don't enjoy pve. It's faster than it was before but still freakishly slow. I decided to just suck it up and allow myself to get curbstomped in PvP until I eventually get gear.

I wish Keith joined in sooner before "I assume Ben" thought of this atrocious system. I can't imagine being a new player jumping in PvP and coming to terms with how things are. Blergh.

If it wasn't for the potential of Arcann romance and the opinion I need to voice about it, I'd still be f2p.:rak_03:

I left when the rng gear system was introduced. After I thought about it, I never played for gear. I never even had gear with a set bonus before. I think the thing that irritated me the most was the lack of a starter gear set at max level. I believe most versions of the game had included an easy to get set once you hit max level to prepare you for end game content. I found it a nice addition considering how alt centric the games was. In 4.0 you generally had enough comms after running Forged Alliances to gear you character in 208's. It seems this has been made better with the introduction of the command token exchange. I don't grind cxp, I get cxp for doing what I like and for the first time some of my characters now have set bonuses.

It also depends how far you've gone in game. You mention that you did the class stories but there is a lot of content after those that includes Makeb, Shadow of Revanchist, Kotfe, and Kotet. Granted these tend to be the same for each character for the most part. Personally I enjoyed the varied content. I enjoy GSF, especially with the new changes, Warzones, and crafting. I've still yet to complete an operation though I'm considering joining a guild and attempting those. All things considered I think it's a fine time to come back.

I wouldn't recommend it. I just subbed for a month, first time since 5.0 dropped...the grind is nightmarish as everyone said, there's no care for balance, servers are unpopulated.

I don't think EA means to support this game, it's like they are on autopilot, I'm sorry for the people working on this but it is how it feels for me, I'm sure it's not their fault.

I recommend ESO or TSW f2p relaunch 22 june if you like story games . I'll continue playing a bit until the sub runs out. :(

I've been getting ready to return to playing an MMO for a while now, and I've narrowed it down to either coming back to ToR or returning to WoW and giving Legion a go. I've mainly been playing single player and some lobby online games for a while now, and I really miss the sense of community that MMOs offer. I'm not going to get into my history with either game (as I'm twenty-eight years old, and I've been playing MMOs off and on since I was fifteen, so it would take a while), but I'm more or less just trying to see what people would recommend I do.

I've finished the class stories already, but I've never tried any end game in ToR (dungeons, max level PvP, Galactic Command, etc). Are they pretty fun? And do you usually have a hard time finding people to do this stuff with?

I'm a big Star Wars fan, so it always gets the right of way, but if outside of its class stories there isn't too much to do, I do like WoW's lore.

P.S. I'm also a roleplayer if anyone can comment on how active that scene is.

Thanks.

Edit: No longer need this thread. I've decided to just go ahead and come back. I'm sure I'll have a good time, and there appears to be plenty of people to play with. I don't want to hear people telling me why I shouldn't play after I sub and ruin my potential good time, so a mod can feel free to delete this thread.

P.S. I just looked at my post history, and 2 days off from a year ago, I made an almost identical post. I guess I really am a creature of habit. :rolleyes:

You couldn't pick a worser time to come back heh