Story skips and locations

Automnal

Let me start of with a GIANT apology for asking this even though I have been playing the game for close to two years and I have made numerous Google searches to avoid asking. I'm sorry (but no other explanations seem touch on this)! :(

My question: Which locations autocomplete story? I know starting the Ossus story missions autocompletes everything* up to that point, but are there any others? Further, does merely travelling to Ossus count as starting Jedi Under Siege?

I ask because I want to go to places like Dantooine, CZ-198 and Section X, etc. for rep decos and the HK-51 quest, but I don't want to skip RotHC or SoR just by going there. I would also like to know if it's possible to get 252/258 gear without skipping the aforementioned content, even with 6.0 coming soon (although I'm willing to bet it's impossible without starting the Ossus quest(s)).

Yes, I'm aware this might sound paranoid. >.>

Merci d'avance! (Thanks in advance!)

*90.16%, rounded to nearest hundreds place. :p

This post should answer you questions. There is a lot of detail there but it will give a complete idea of what gets auto-completed, when, and what the break points are. The only thing not on there is Dantooine, since the post was made prior to its release, but that can be added to the list of content that is not auto-completed. It's an event anyhow so what story there is can only be done when the event is live.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=958655

Let me start of with a GIANT apology for asking this even though I have been playing the game for close to two years and I have made numerous Google searches to avoid asking. I'm sorry (but no other explanations seem touch on this)! :(

My question: Which locations autocomplete story? I know starting the Ossus story missions autocompletes everything* up to that point, but are there any others? Further, does merely travelling to Ossus count as starting Jedi Under Siege?

I ask because I want to go to places like Dantooine, CZ-198 and Section X, etc. for rep decos and the HK-51 quest, but I don't want to skip RotHC or SoR just by going there. I would also like to know if it's possible to get 252/258 gear without skipping the aforementioned content, even with 6.0 coming soon (although I'm willing to bet it's impossible without starting the Ossus quest(s)).

Yes, I'm aware this might sound paranoid. >.>

Merci d'avance! (Thanks in advance!)

*90.16%, rounded to nearest hundreds place. :p

Going to Ossus by galaxy map do not count as starting Jedi Under Siege.

You can earn 252/258 without doing Ossus story content. The biggest problem you will have is reputation and it will be slower so at this point you won't get much before 6.0 (you will be limited to 3 crystals per alt per week) and by that time it will be pointless. But what you can do in Ossus is:

* Exchange UCs for crystals (500 for first 1000 for second), resets tuesdays.

* Grab the rotating weekly for an aditional crystal per week.

* If you can, join a group doing WBs, while you won't get a crystal you might grab good reputaion items that you may need in vendors.

You can still eran crystals and 252 gear from command crates tier 3 and 4.

I can't really do auto-complete to Ossus with certain characters i'd like, because the default for imperial characters is dark side and default for republic characters is light side, but i'm currently working on a IA that is for the most part light side, however if i used auto-complete any actions there after will all be dark side choices, leading through ET and traitor storylines.

i really wished EA would make the auto-complete more flexiable and take into account alignment choices more carefully.