Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, complaining about teams in an online, multi-player, team based game is really stupid. I would hope you know that.

Hey, you're moving the goalposts here (you Yanks know that expression, right? :p)! You implied solo queueing was a bad thing and somehow against the nature of MMOs. Which is as stupid as complaining about teams.

Hey, you're moving the goalposts here (you Yanks know that expression, right? :p)! You implied solo queueing was a bad thing and somehow against the nature of MMOs. Which is as stupid as complaining about teams.

Alright.... I guess I'll have to go into detail.

Solo queuing players who expect to have an easy mode created just for them, instead of grouping up and forming alliances are ruining the game. My comment was tongue in cheek to imply the ridiculousness of complaining about teams in an MMO. The statement itself is completely absurd. It's like going to a concert and complaining about the loud music.

Solo queuing HAS a place in MMO's and it should. But people who solo queue have no place to complain about teams when they have every option available to create one of their own and CHOOSE not to take advantage of it.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

Solo queuing players who expect to have an easy mode created just for them, instead of grouping up and forming alliances are ruining the game. My comment was tongue in cheek to imply the ridiculousness of complaining about teams in an MMO. The statement itself is completely absurd. It's like going to a concert and complaining about the loud music.

Solo queuing HAS a place in MMO's and it should. But people who solo queue have no place to complain about teams when they have every option available to create one of their own and CHOOSE not to take advantage of it.

Agreed. This game encourages grouping yet people, who for their own reasons, who absolutely must do everything solo demand things be done about people who choose to partake in groups.

Agreed. This game encourages grouping yet people, who for their own reasons, who absolutely must do everything solo demand things be done about people who choose to partake in groups.

Yep. Sounds silly.

Also important to note is that when faced against an organized team that is beating you, if You still perform well despite the greater odds, often enough you'll earn recongnition.

Holding yer own and putting up a good fight is one way to earn some respect for yerself.

Well you just defeated your own point because BY DEFINITION you are now describing a GROUP. Not a random assortment of players entering a queue.

As others have said.........

SOLUTION:

Single Player WZ's - A collection of random non-grouped single players

Group Player WZ's- Groups of 2 or more queued would be matched up with other groups on teams

Everyone would be happy and both subcultures of pvp would thrive.

As others have said.........

SOLUTION:

Single Player WZ's - A collection of random non-grouped single players

Group Player WZ's- Groups of 2 or more queued would be matched up with other groups on teams

Everyone would be happy and both subcultures of pvp would thrive.

Enjoy your 45 minute queue times.

And yes... I meant to describe a group... we are all a group... a population of people that should be working together for an advantage. While the military has many talented soldiers it does not send out individuals alone... they are formed into groups, squads, platoons, because there is strength in numbers.

If people CHOOSE to compete alone they run a higher risk of failing... this applies to many things. I repeat... strength in numbers, especially when it's others you are familiar with.

We ALL have a friends list, an option to join or form a guild, etc. Use it or be the victim of your own narrow mindedness. DO NOT blame the game for not having a solo queue bracket... blame yourself for not forming a group and increasing your chances for success with team work.

EDIT: Now that I think of it... I can't think of ONE game that implements this idea. In EVERY online game I've ever played there is an option to create a group but there is NEVER an option to queue solo with players who are queuing solo ONLY. What in the world makes anyone think it should be in this game and ONLY this game... I have no clue.

Well you just defeated your own point because BY DEFINITION you are now describing a GROUP. Not a random assortment of players entering a queue.

And I really have no clue how this is in reference to anything I said previously. It makes zero sense in this context unless you completely misunderstood everything I said.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

Is this topic still going?

Having a solo-only queue with a limited player pool discourages what an MMO is about, especially at end level. PvP in this game is designed around team play, and there is nothing wrong with picking 3 out of the 8 people to be on your team. Maybe, just maybe if cross server queueing were available, then some one might justify throwing a bone to those who refuse to join a team.

This isn't an issue like class balance. Fixing it doesn't take 3 weeks to level another toon if your toon's class sucks. It's not a bug like WZ's kicking you to the character select screen. It isn't an issue of WZ's giving one team 6 and the other 8. It's not even an issue of gear fairness ("Omg, that person had WH and I have recruit!"). Pure and simple, this is an issue of players not taking advantage of a tool available to them.

I get it alright? I've had my 1 vs 1 hero moments and loved it. "Wee! I solo'ed a defender and capped the node, pat me on the back and gimme a high five. We only won that cause of me!" Or that voidstar when you ninja cap each door and feel special inside.

But that's like playing Gears of War on easy mode, then declaring yourself the Gears champion! It's setting the bar lower than low.

Fielding 2 geared groups of 4 and dropping q until you get a simultaneous pop so you can roll the pug bracket 6-8 strong is pointless, not fun for any normal person whether they're in one of those groups or not and lame. Don't care what justification anybody gives for doing it, I've done it and stomped, I've been destroyed by these and I've eked out wins against with hodgepodges of 2 man premades and puggers. Anyone who continues to q this way on a daily basis is just broadcasting to everyone else that they're frightened of being crushed against an opponent on equal footing in ranked.

If this thread's complaining about 4 man groups, deal with it or look at your ops group and notice that the 4 guys in the frame to the left of you are in the same guild.

Fielding 2 geared groups of 4 and dropping q until you get a simultaneous pop so you can roll the pug bracket 6-8 strong is pointless, not fun for any normal person whether they're in one of those groups or not and lame. Don't care what justification anybody gives for doing it, I've done it and stomped, I've been destroyed by these and I've eked out wins against with hodgepodges of 2 man premades and puggers. Anyone who continues to q this way on a daily basis is just broadcasting to everyone else that they're frightened of being crushed against an opponent on equal footing in ranked.

If this thread's complaining about 4 man groups, deal with it or look at your ops group and notice that the 4 guys in the frame to the left of you are in the same guild.

On a decently populated server like the Bastion... I find it almost never works. But we attempt it sometimes. We have a fair amount of people that I don't feel are ready for rated WZ's and would rather work on my weekly than go against the top rated guild in our server if I know they're queuing. So I can say we're guilty of it too at times, but with good reason.

Also... we never drop queue until we're paired on the same team. Seems like a waste of time and honestly. I enjoy going against my own guild. We will however wait for the other group to finish the war zone and give it another shot but again... hardly ever works. I'm sure it's a bit easier to pull off on less populated servers though.

But anyways... yeah, IDK about other servers but I find most of the time when we queue at the same time, we more often than not end up in different war zones and when we do end up in the same war zone. We're against each other. It may work 1/10 times where we end up on the same team.

So if you're on the Bastion and you see a marauder marked... that's us playing against each other and I feel sorry for the others in there with us because we usually just gun for each other for bragging rights and ignore objectives completely. :D

Edited by UGLYMRJ

There are two sides to every coin, and some excellent points made by both sides in this discussion. Also a lot of trolls and QQ, but hey, this is the PvP forum after all.

To the solo queuer:

Unless you're a horrible player and/or no one on your server likes you (hint hint), there is absolutely nothing stopping you from forming or joining your own premade to queue up with. UGLYMRJ said it best: there is strength in numbers. If you solo queue, expect the worst, because that's exactly what you're going to get. 8-man teams comprised of solo queuers are almost certainly: uncoordinated, unskilled, undergeared, and poor team composition. There may be individuals on your team who don't fall into one of those 4, maybe even a couple players. But as a team, you're shooting yourself in the foot before the match even starts.

Even if you can't manage a full 4-man premade, surely there is at least 1 other person you can group with for your next queue. Maybe it's someone you don't really know, but you see him PUGging it all the time too. I'd be willing to bet he'd jump at the chance to not have to solo queue. Putting together a group doesn't have to be a perfectly ideal situation either, such as friends or guildies with Ventrillo. Any time you can stack the odds in your favor by rolling with better players you increase your odds of winning.

To the herpaderps who should be playing ranked:

We all know who you are. Your guild PvPs 24/7 and is geared. Y U NO RANKED? The answer is simple: because you suck. You can't be competitive in ranked matches, so you troll the normal queue. You have multiple groups running. You coordinate pressing the queue button in Vent in the hopes that you can get 6-8 into the same match. Why fail at ranked when you can just blow up PUGs all day, amirite?

Yeah, there really are some ranked teams who are very good and have to do normals because no one will queue up against them. Or maybe they're just waiting for ranked queue pops, or there's not enough guildies online to form a full ranked team. It happens. I'm not talking to you.

The only ones that oppose that Pugs get a pvp queue of thier own are the premades who wants easy kills.

thats a fact.

Or players who don't want to wait 45 minutes for a queue because other people would rather marinate in their own suck and refuse to utilize the tools given to them which are there to promote competitive game play.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

I get no joy out of beating someone with any amount of recruit gear.

Seriously...

I'm not against it because I want more easy wins... I'm against it because I don't want to suffer longer queue times because of a non-competitive population.

What I really want to fix this problem is NOT a separate queue for those non-competitive players... what I DO want is those non-competitive players to group up, get better and make regular war zone queues more enjoyable and competitive.

After that I would like them to continue improving and queue for rated WZ's.

Too much to ask for?

Seriously...

I'm not against it because I want more easy wins... I'm against it because I don't want to suffer longer queue times because of a non-competitive population.

What I really want to fix this problem is NOT a separate queue for those non-competitive players... what I DO want is those non-competitive players to group up, get better and make regular war zone queues more enjoyable and competitive.

Too much to ask for?

I assume your final question was rhetorical, but yes, yes it is.

Seriously...

Too much to ask for?

You said it and I only say recruit gear because from what I can tell from this post and every single one like this is that every pre made has players in full augmented min/maxed WH gear and every single pug is in full recruit. Join a guild make some friends learn some strategy and have some fun.

Heck half the time I play this game I solo queue as my guild is primarily progression raiding.

How many times and how many different ways does it need to be said before people get it?

Players aren't ruining WZs, grouped or solo. It's Bioware that's doing this because of their inability to implement cross-server queues. Once we have a cross-server queue system, queues can be separated and no one will have to wait 45 minutes or whatever arbitrary amount of time you want to speculate it would be to get into a match, and solo queued PUGs will never again have to see a premade of any size as grouped players will have their own queue.

That's pretty much the end of the discussion right there. Until BW figures out how to implement cross-server queues, it's pointless to argue about it because it's not going to change. Until then, direct your complaints toward BW, not toward other players.

Edited by Mournblood

That's pretty much the end of the discussion right there. Until BW figures out how to implement cross-server queues, it's pointless to argue about it because it's not going to change. Until then, direct your complaints toward BW, not toward other players.

I concur.

Honestly, I thought cross-server queues and matchmaking would be implemented by now. It shows a serious disconnect with their player base that it hasn't. PvP is a HUGE part of this game, yet they continue to treat it as a red-headed stepchild.

You said it and I only say recruit gear because from what I can tell from this post and every single one like this is that every pre made has players in full augmented min/maxed WH gear and every single pug is in full recruit. Join a guild make some friends learn some strategy and have some fun.

Heck half the time I play this game I solo queue as my guild is primarily progression raiding.

True... we almost never queue with more than one player in recruit if we have a fresh 50. The others will bite the bullet even if a weekly was just completed in order to increase our chances in winning and getting our guild geared up quicker. Quicker coms means quicker gear.

The people complaining about pre-mades are also complaining about the gear gap and they are also complaining about the gear grind.

If only they would solve the first problem they could solve the others and not expect the game to do it for them. It's a vicious cycle. But seriously... it's annoying and these people should just group up and help themselves instead of looking for the difficulty setting for this game and hoping they find "easy" somewhere in there.

While I agree... I don't expect it to happen any time soon. So I pretty much delete the idea of it from any discussions completely. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see it until a year from now... if we're lucky.

Until then... I'll be preaching about competitiveness and improved game play in hopes of getting through to players. I have a better chance promoting competitiveness to players than I do getting through to Bioware regarding anything to do with PvP. ;)

The problem with 1200 is folks, myself included start swapping in more power/main stat at that point and replace expertise.

Yeah I recently noticed same thing (never claimed to know everything and always learning) so think it should be based on gear rating (mods/armor/enhancements) on a player as suggested by someone else earlier.

Its started to become common place to only goto 1100-1200 expertise and then buff up using campaign and dread guard mods.

Your average newb in the solo que doesnt have access to this stuff yet.

I find it funny that these posters keep refering to themselves as elite and great and good cause let me share a well known non secret to all you pre made + uber equiped trolls.

NO ONE (but yourselves apparently) COMPLIMENTS YOUR SKILL

NO ONE (but yourselves apparently) GOES "WOW HERE IS SO AND SO PRE MADE, MAN THEY TALENTED"

NO ONE IS IN AWE OF YOU

and

NO ONE THINKS THEY LEARN ANYTHING FROM YOU

Not really sure how you think the above things cause we all seen that newb asking who the great PVP guilds are on server (when on fleet) and your guild names never come up as the answers. Its the pre mades that stay out of the solo que and do ranked and world (what little there is of world pvp) that get the admiration and respect from the player base. All you greifers who give yourselves every conceivable advantage (and then some inconceivable ones to boot) so you have the ability to roll under geared players are not looked apoun as great pvpers. Your really not.

We all know what guilds on our servers (both sides, this not a imp or republic only issue, guilds on both sides have this moronic childish attitude that beating those who cant put up a fight some how entertaining or cool) are guilty of this attitude and seriously, stop drinking your own kool aide. NO ONE thinks you are all that.

Truthfully speaking, you should maybe go ask around about your reps as your actually looked upon as the least skilled pvpers out there as you refuse to move out of your instant gratification, easy mode, and face other teams on equal footing and level.

In the end tho, this issue nothing new in MMORPGs. Since basically DSO hit the scene in ohhhh 94-95, there has been that minority portion of pvpers that like to feed off of no challenge opponents. In DSO they would be max level players pking level 10s. In UO you have the cowards that looked for solo players to attack (attackers were always 4-8 strong). And so on through out MMORPG history.

These greifers just the modern day version is all. Mental midgets scared of their own shadow and a balanced fight where they would be exposed as not being nearly as talented as they like to claim.

Ultimately its up to EA to fix this issue as these "players" will not change their ways willingly.

They have zero interest in whats good for game and refuse to understand how they drive subscribers from game.

And this get friends nonsense is just that, nonsense.

Many of the casuals being fed upon are guilded and do have friends. They are also casual players and will never have the top teir gear or just dont approach pvp as a life lesson. They just want fun fights against other players of their own standing.

Anyways, to all you saying get friends and telling us how good you are.

Dont you find it ironic you have to tell us how good you think you are as NO ONE ELSE speaks up for you.

Trust me, when you are truely as good to others as you think you are to yourselves, you will be noticed and mentioned. People still talk about certain names from my old DAoC server as those names were considered elite and amazing PVPers and not surprisingly at all, none of the names from my old server engaged in gank groups (group of maxed players with uber gear rolling over solo mid teen players and such).

If your really as good as you all claim, move onto ranked and earn a reputation of worth for yourselves by beating the best your server has to offer.

Cause you will NEVER earn a positive reputation farming ungeared solo players over and over.

Im sure you all got some unoriginal name and insults to throw around now to defend your lack of willingness to engage equal standing opponents and will undoubtably continue to tell us how great you all think you are, so floors all yours.