Current Transfer Servers

Auck

Do the people whining really, truly not get what's going on? They are starting a migration. Filling the largest servers to the brim, then they will begin a consolidation of the medium pop servers with each other. Until we have a healthy population on most servers.

This is EXACTLY how they should be doing it. Seeing how many transfers they get before moving on to the next wave. Not doing some ridiculous all in thing where a thousand things could go wrong.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though this post will get bumped out of existence in 5 seconds I feel it prudent to say that no one would be upset if the communication wasn't so terrible again. If you released the information on roughly how many servers would be available to transfer at the beginning and released that information ahead of time with an estimate when more would become available you wouldn't have everyone who has absolutely no patience sitting in here raging.

Communication is fun before the fact, not during the rage storm that follows.

What a load of **** so much for transfers, I love how they build it up and then nada!

No, players built it up. This is exactly how BW said it would work. Start with a few destination servers and nominate origin servers one by one until the destination servers have the population level then want. Then announce other destination servers and their respective origin servers.

People are always going to find something to complain about. If your servers had been in the first lot to transfer not a single one of you would have been complaining. This is basically EGA all over again! People don't take the time to read and fully understand what it is BW are saying before they get their panties in a bunch.

BW said that transfers would start today and guess what - they have! BW have not lied to you! You may think that you are hard done by because your server has not been picked but chill out - they will get there! Odds are that you have already waited months for transfers to become available so a few more days is not going to hurt you. I play on the ravager and spend most of my time doing dailies on Ilum, Corellia and Belsavis as the only person on the planet - I'm happy and enjoying my last few days of not having to compete for mobs!

Some of you seem to feel like you are owed something by BW and that they should cater to your individual needs. Believe it or not SWTOR and it's staff does not revolve around just you and only you. So, sit down, shut up, and wait your turn like the rest of us!

You people need to learn to read things more carefully... They told u precisely what they where going to do.... and everyone is now in a troll match about it.... They said "small group" and low and behold everyone see's a small group of servers and is somehow amazed and yet angered over seeing precisely what they where told... A Small group of servers

I hate to say this.. but having seen what happened when DC online did this.... IT crashed there servers for a week because of the influx of players to servers... to the *mega-servers*

Yall need to calm down.. if your on a low pop server they are going to moniter the number of tranfers to particular servers over course of say i dunno 24 hours to see how many people are moving their toons to know if that server can handle another transfer or if they need to shift it to something else.....

WIth that being said...give them a *********** break please...

When they said gradual, we assumed 30 servers at a time, or so... Not 6... They should (and quite easily could have) specified how many, and when.

Utterly pathetic.

WHY does every single have to be down in a SLOW, mediocre manner?

WHY not once...JUST ONCE BIOWARE can't you add something that ISN'T HALF WAY THOUGHT OUT?

Good pops going to even better populations...

HOW DOES THIS MAKE ANY SENSE?

Someone PLEASE explain this to me!

I already did in another post.

They are packing the servers large and fat. They aren't aiming for 50 servers with 200 on the fleet at peak. They are aiming for 10 servers with 1000 players on at peak. This was the stated goal from the beginning. Everyone will be included-- you just have to wait your turn.

Keep in mind that we're going to be updating this list with eligible servers on a regular basis. This just represents the first group of eligible servers. We're monitoring how well the service is currently handling the load and I'll have a more solid update for you folks later today, but you can take "regularly" to mean that it won't be a week or a month for the next update.

So basically once the Fatman is full - all the rest of us on PVP East Coast servers that haven't been transferred yet are stuck with the leftovers? I understand that this process is being handled slowly, but unfortunately when the first server transfers are going to the largest population servers, it only makes me question what the final goal is - especially with all the lack of information about the overall plan. I am really beginning to question if you guys even have a long term plan - outside the future game updates.

Edited by Eric-Mi

Yeah, I even took a day off to be sure to transfer and hopefully be able to keep some of my character names.

That was a silly thing to do.

Okay, everyone. Remember how we got here? The game was released and many servers had queues. Sure, most of the queues were pretty short, but you had to wait to play the game that you paid for and people whined endlessly, insulting Bioware, Obama, and electricity and threatening to publicly accuse Bioware of crimes if they didn't have their selfish, short-sighted demands met.

And Bioware did it.

Now, transfers are starting, and they start out slow --as anyone who has any shred of experience in large-scale services knows is a smart move-- and what happens: People whine endlessly, insulting Bioware and demanding that Bioware implement reckless, uncontrolled, and unmanageable transfers.

You know what would be really stupid: If Bioware listened to any of you. You are the problem. You are the ones who put us in this situation. You should be apologizing and supporting them as they fix the issue you created.

lol tell you what my server and alot of others would notice 10 extra people on during peak times.

so does mine, smartypants. do you see me freaking out? no. you know why? because I actually read the dev tracker and the diary

Do the people whining really, truly not get what's going on? They are starting a migration. Filling the largest servers to the brim, then they will begin a consolidation of the medium pop servers with each other. Until we have a healthy population on most servers.

This is EXACTLY how they should be doing it. Seeing how many transfers they get before moving on to the next wave. Not doing some ridiculous all in thing where a thousand things could go wrong.

GOOD IDEA.

FILL THE SERVERS WITH 200+ PLAYERS ON FLEETS TO THE BRIM!

The servers that are already on heavy status need to be Full first so people have long ques!

MAKES PERFECT SENSE!

Fanboys everybody!

Edited by Tiaa

I also wanted to point out that this process was outlined in our community blog last week and in our main transfer thread here. Specifically:

This process will be gradual and staged over time. Despite huge improvements being made to the Character Transfer Service by our server team, there are millions of characters to be moved and there is a limit to how many can be moved daily. We want your character to be transferred as quickly as possible, but we will need you to be patient as the process completes.

You know, very well, there are no actual details in there. It would have made sense to at least post the tiny server list when the servers went down so people could know exactly what to expect as soon as possible. We know you read the forums. You know what expectations were. A simple post with some details would have made this a much smoother process. Information. Details. From you. That is what we need. We need it beforehand so we know what to expect.

Thank you.

Edited by InnerPieces

GOOD IDEA.

FILL THE SERVERS WITH 200+ PLAYERS TO THE BRIM!

The servers that are already on heavy status need to be Full first so people have long ques!

MAKES PERFECT SENSE!

Fanboys everybody!

actually, it absolutely is.

no server is 'full to the brim'. not even the fatman.

I also wanted to point out that this process was outlined in our community blog last week and in our main transfer thread here. Specifically:

This process will be gradual and staged over time. Despite huge improvements being made to the Character Transfer Service by our server team, there are millions of characters to be moved and there is a limit to how many can be moved daily. We want your character to be transferred as quickly as possible, but we will need you to be patient as the process completes.

True, but you didn't set expectations. Setting expectations is a huge part of project management and you failed. You should have said you'll start out with X and add N every 4 hours as needed.

Honestly I think the biggest upset and cause for confusion/anger is that it's only 10 servers out of the 214 that were opened for initial transfers.

Whilst a lot of people knew it would be gradual, when it was realised that the initial transfer would only be such a small selection (not even 5%) of the current server amounts.. people freaked, as can be seen by all the posts. Honestly I was assuming there would have been at least 20 servers eligible for transfers both EU and US side...

It's amazing how many folks are willing to blame BioWare for their own inability to read. Nobody should've assumed their server was transferring today based on all the info they posted.

The process was beginning today, not completing today, not available to everyone today. Stop and take a deep breath.

all they needed to do was

1) put the yellow comments in this thread on the FAQ/txfer board that says it will 'not be weeks or months' but they are monitoring performance. THAT is what people want to read ON the transfer board

2) Put the origin/destination list in full on the transfer board. Why did they not do that and you only see this if you click on txfer from your account?

It is about appropriate and precise level of communication...I'm happy they have started this but it just seems that no-one in BW is anticipating what people NEED to read in one place to avoid all these postings

No disrespect Jonathan, but again this is you being out of touch with your community. The Weekly Q&a is filled with information about the game all over... This is not the place to put Critical information about something so important to most players that are still playing the game. This deserved its on thread stickied on the top of the general Discussion

but they did though

unless you read "gradual process" and think "EVERYONE IS TRANSFERRED ON DAY ONE"

The problem being that people see that gradual process and assume since they are on a low pop server that is dead they will be part of the initial gradual process. Vague communication is not communication because people like all the people raging can read what they want into it. You want to avoid something like this you need to give specific information rather then something that can be read into by the masses.

I'd hate to see all the people here if they had allowed 100 servers to transfer in one day...only to lose every character. I only read these forums as to pass time when I cant play , cause seriously , some of you lot are comic genius'.

I'm actually amazed some of you managed to install this game let alone make a character. Why on earth would they allow you to freely transfer between all the servers? it just defies the point of what this is trying to achieve. As someone previously mentioned , dead servers will merge in to the heavy ones until the server cant handle any more. They will use the coming days to stress test the load , and then...wait for it....choose the next server to be filled up. Its not rocket science. Eventually everyone will be moved to servers which have a constant standard/heavy pop and isnt that what you want? Not to log on to the fleet and find 6 guys?. I , along with the rest of the sane people in this thread are delighted they are making an effort to do this , and also in a sensible fashion. Allowing everyone to move on day 1 would either overload a server or spread the population thinner, which is not what anyone wants

When they said gradual, we assumed 30 servers at a time, or so... Not 6... They should (and quite easily could have) specified how many, and when.

If u didn't get a number u should assume a high one.... that's your's and everyone elses fault who did.... BLAME BW MOAR -.-