Remove the Makeb arena until you fix the FPS drops

Nothematic

It was acknowledged in the past by the devs but since then there's been nothing. The Makeb arena suffers enormous FPS drops compared to other areas of the game/other arenas. It's impossible to play ranked solo when your game is freezing up tp 5fps for no reason when you can achieve 60fps on the fleet.

It was acknowledged in the past by the devs but since then there's been nothing. The Makeb arena suffers enormous FPS drops compared to other areas of the game/other arenas. It's impossible to play ranked solo when your game is freezing up tp 5fps for no reason when you can achieve 60fps on the fleet.

I am not saying there is no FPS drop, but it is weird I have never seen this drop (and my PC isn't even powerful).

Edited by znihilist

I would say - close the game and have servers down until you fixed the overall fps drops in this game. I run 16gb ram with i7-3820 and GTX 770 and drops down to 18-29 AT ALL FIGHTS in Warzones, with lowest graphic settings and everything set to performance levels. Edited by SirMannii

On the other threads on this problem I've posted this, figure I would do so again. I have had severe issues on this arena on two different high end PCs: AMD FX 8320 @ 4.6ghz, 2x GTX 480 SLI, 8GB RAM, 120gb SSD, and a i7 4770k @ 4.4ghz, 24GB RAM, R9 290 @ 1100/1333, 240GB SSD. What I have noticed is that the problems only occur when I use control panel AA settings to override the in game anti aliasing. If I use the "enhance" in game settings instead of override I have not had any slowdowns. The slowdowns seem to happen on the bridge or to one of the sides, and I think it's related to the game engine having some kind of transparency AA overflow to one side there. Unfortunately the in game AA settings pretty much blow for AMD users, but at least this one arena runs smoothly.

Maybe you should put this on the General Forums or the Customer Service forums. I don't know if the devs really check these forums (or care).

You're right about the 'care' for PvP.

I have a GTX 770 and FX-8120, no way in hell should I be dropping to 1FPS at the Makeb arena when I can get 50 FPS on the fleet.