Artifice or Biochem for new Assassin!

xscott

Artifice or Biochem for new Assassin!

Leveling, PVP, and endgame !!!

I know with the new changes in 1.2, I am a little gunshy to start leveling a crew skill.

What are your opinions and why?

Thanks

Actually Biochem is pretty useless in PvP. You get reusable Stims, Adrenals and Medpacks. The purchasable wz Medpacks and Stims are way better than the biochem ones and the blue stims you can buy from other biochemists are better than the reusables.

I just stick with it to save money with the stims, but it is far from necessary. As an artifice in the current state of the game, your perk is the critcrafted BoP relic (but the expertise buff in 1.2 will make this obsolete in PvP again).

At the moment I'd say cybertech from a PvP-min/max pov. But tbh I've got no idea how 1.2 is gonna play out, as we don't even know all the changes, yet.

Synthweavong may be nice to hunt for the augmented style pieces yourself, but when you have every item, it's useless again (apart from selling stuff, but biochem stims/adrenals aren't the moneymakers I thought they'd be, either...

In essence - pick whatever you fancy, all perks are only minor atm anyway.

edit: It is quite remarkable and funny that the other 2 posters, above and below, claim 'biochem is best' without delivering any arguments for it. Biochem was the best profession for PvP a while ago. Since then we've seen some nerfs and the situation has changed totally (see the above for proper arguments). Some (read the majority) just like to parrot stuff without having any clue themselves at all. Don't want to be snarky, but it's just sad - the forums could be such a nice, informative place...

Edited by wtfnonamefree

Frankly, it depends on your server IMO. On Ajunta Pal, if you have a strong cashflow you can most mods/armoring/what-have-you on the GTN instead of picking up Cybertech. If the server pop is lower, like my other server Shien, you will be 100% reliant on commo mods and quest reward mods.

The downside, if you can call it that, of having a full set of modifiable gear is being able to keep it modded. Cybertech is a huge help in that regard til you hit end game. 1.2 is supposed to be helping that as well, but I'm not on the PTS, so have no hard information on it.

The major downside of Cybertech is the inability to craft tanking mods. If you're planning on going pure DPS, you're golden. If you're going Darkness spec, you're better off sticking with commo mods/hilts.

Frankly, it depends on your server IMO. On Ajunta Pal, if you have a strong cashflow you can most mods/armoring/what-have-you on the GTN instead of picking up Cybertech. If the server pop is lower, like my other server Shien, you will be 100% reliant on commo mods and quest reward mods.

The downside, if you can call it that, of having a full set of modifiable gear is being able to keep it modded. Cybertech is a huge help in that regard til you hit end game. 1.2 is supposed to be helping that as well, but I'm not on the PTS, so have no hard information on it.

The major downside of Cybertech is the inability to craft tanking mods. If you're planning on going pure DPS, you're golden. If you're going Darkness spec, you're better off sticking with commo mods/hilts.

I ended up going Artifice on my Darkness Sin, mostly because while you are right that there are usually armorings/mods on the GTN, I've noticed a startling lack of viable hilts.

Now that I'm in my 40s, hilts are easy to come by through PvP weapons and commendations, just like you're saying.

At this point, I think it was a waste of time for my Assassin, but I'll probably keep it so that I can craft decent enhancements and such for my baby Marauder.

Edited by Varicite